Nathan

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1309564977' post='2261820']
Jesus of Nazareth (first volume)

oh and also, the Ignatius study bible.
[/quote]

:like:

FutureSister2009

I am finally reading St. Faustina's Diary. It's going to take me a while but I hope to be finished by the end of July. Never realized just how big it is. :blink:

Started on "Practicing Catholic" by James Carrol. I picked it up at a liquidation going "oh looks interesting, it's about the journey to keep faith in hard times". Turns out the man was a priest and left to become a writer. Thus far it seems the entire book is going to be spent talking about how awful Vatican II was because it pushes traditionalism down the throats of Catholics and how wonderful same-sex marriage is and how the Pope is always wrong. By page two he was declaring "The Church is dead". I will only finish it because I don't leave books unfinished once started.

Edit for a quote to show what I mean:
[quote]I left the priesthood to be a writer. This is the very definition of my life.
Indeed, my Catholic faith was rescued by my decision to leave the priesthood, because it is only as a layman that I have the intellectual and moral freedom to dissent from the reactionary trends in the post-Vatican II Church.[/quote]

Edited by BG45

inperpetuity

"Introduction to the Science of Mental Health" by Fr. Chad Ripperger, F.S.S.P., Ph.D. Solidly Tomistic, a breath of fresh air! :like3:
Life of St. Teresa of Avila, again
Way of Divine Love, Sr. Josepha Menandez, again

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='elizabeth09' timestamp='1310872514' post='2268592']
Little House on the Prairie
[/quote]

Whoa- I was JUST thumbing through one of my [i]Little House on the Prairie[/i] books yesterday!!

sistersintigo

Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey;

Dance of Dragons by George R R Martin (hit the stores last week).

Right now it's all about the dragons.

LaPetiteSoeur

[i]Freedom Summer [/i]by Bruce Watson (for university)
[i]The King James Conspiracy[/i] : some mystery novel I found at the library. Not sure if I'll like it, but it's historical and mystery...
[i]Divine Mercy in My Soul[/i] I've been reading this for some time, but I read it before Mass to focus (I get there ridiculously early so as to get a seat!), so hopefully I'll finish it soon.

Next up? Maybe an Agatha Christie or Maisie Dobbs mystery... and HOLY WOMEN by Papa Benedict!!!

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1309490919' post='2261403']
The Jesuit Guide to Almost Everything
[/quote]

that was a pretty interesting book, haven't finished it all yet.

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='elizabeth09' timestamp='1310872514' post='2268592']
Little House on the Prairie
[/quote]

Love this book!