An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

I'm reading a non-spiritual book about social anxiety that I wanted to read since I want to major in Social Work (plus, I suffer from mild social anxiety; it used to be pretty bad.) It's called:

[i]What You Must Think of Me[/i]

It's a teenager's tale of her experience with the illness and how she learned to cope. :)

Basilisa Marie

"Gathered for the Journey," "How to Read the Bible" aka OT (the author is Jewish), and "World Without End," Ken Follet's sequel to "Pillars of the Earth" for fun. :)

I have two on the go, since one is really heavy for me - and the other a much lighter and easily understood read:

Frank Sheed "[u][i]Theology and Sanity[/i][/u]" - gives me frequent pause to stop and really think and a good thing - heavy read for me although more than worth all effort. But sometimes I need to put it aside for a while. I am roughly half way through.

Father Michael Fallon MSC (Sth Aust Scripture Scholar) "[u][i]Yielding to Love[/i][/u]" - more familiar ground for me and a lighter read, although it still gives pause to stop and think at times.

For school:
Families in Poverty
Unequal Childhoods
Justice: what's the right thing to do?
Antigone (again, I believe we have beaten that horse into oblivion at this point)
finished Freedom Summer--very good book

For me!
Just finished [i]The Mystery of the Blue Train[/i]
Now moved on to [i]The Cat Among the Pigeons. [/i] my favorite Agatha Christie mystery ever. Although Murder on the Orient express is an almost equal second.

Still trying to read the diary of St. Faustina. but that requires time to reflect, and I currently lack a ton of free time at the moment.

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1314106013' post='2293693']
I am reading about St. Catherine Laboure. I love her
[/quote]

She's my favorite saint! If I enter, I hope I can take the name Sr. Marie-Catherine Laboure. Or Sr. Marie Laboure. Or Sr. Catherine Laboure.

Laudate_Dominum

Just scooped up this puppy,

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Here-Be-Dragons-Scientific-Extraterrestrial/dp/019514600X/"]Here Be Dragons: The Scientific Quest for Extraterrestrial Life[/url]

Freakin right.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p-f4WlKFAg[/media]