An Old School Catholic Message Board

Techno = Satan

Monoxide

What makes techno music so satanic?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1394947' date='Sep 28 2007, 08:04 PM']Check out some techno music videos.[/quote]
So now you are promoting it? Cool beans. :mellow:

there are psychological and biological reasons for Monoxide's misconception about techno.

-the fast rhythm can affect a person by steadily increasing various bodily functions like their heart rate and chemical levels, like adrenaline. sort of like preparing yourself for an important event, like a race. any fast paced music can do this, even a fast paced opera, marching band, or blowing across the top of a big jug. you can probably get the same effect by sitting in silence and thinking of something stressful for a few minutes.

-there was a study done on drivers, where fast paced music made them drive more aggressively, which in turn made them more dangerous than drivers who listened to slow music, on average.

-loud rumbling noises like those made by bass drums stimulate the response of the body in the same way. in nature, a loud rumbling sound can indicate the danger of an earthquake, volcano, falling rock, a big predator, or something else that causes an animal to immediately become alert of danger. in other words, "fear". for us, this "alert-mode" or "fear-mode" can be enjoyable, just like a rollercoaster or anything else thrilling that people enjoy doing.

combine these two aspects and yes, you can have a person who is more stimulated and more eager to um.. dance around and jump up and down.. mosh in a pit.. engage in medieval battle.. march around the walls of Jerusalem.. row a boat.. or even fornicate.. but hopefully we now know why we can't blame techno when a teenager has the urge to hump someone's leg because he hears "What is love?" playing on the radio..

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1395026' date='Sep 29 2007, 04:18 AM']-there was a study done on drivers, where fast paced music made them drive more aggressively, which in turn made them more dangerous than drivers who listened to slow music, on average.[/quote]

:hehe: I noted earlier that I like to listen to it while I drive.... and I DO tend to have a bit of a lead foot. But its not the techno. I have a lead foot when listening to NPR (now who's minion am I?) and classical or rock or pop or rap (etc.), too.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1394947' date='Sep 28 2007, 06:04 PM']Check out some techno music videos.[/quote]

So the entire genre of music is condemned because of a few videos?

You're not going to convince anyone using that sort of (anti)logic.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1395028' date='Sep 29 2007, 03:57 AM']:hehe: I noted earlier that I like to listen to it while I drive.... and I DO tend to have a bit of a lead foot. But its not the techno. I have a lead foot when listening to NPR (now who's minion am I?) and classical or rock or pop or rap (etc.), too.[/quote]

praying the Rosary everyday, especially when i drive, is like kryptonite to my lead foot and any road rage that may occur. if i find myself getting mad at another driver, i know it's because i haven't prayed yet. that and usually the sight of my rosary on the rear view mirror really lays the guilt down. that and leaving early usually makes for a very peaceful drive, whether it be rush hour in downtown los angeles or new york.

in a perfect world we would all either be driving silently, or listening to gregorian chant or a spiritual talk, but in reality many of us can live a decent life while listening to many types of fast paced music. all in moderation. if you happen to have a severe case of "road rage", then perhaps you might want to stay away from such types of music, including techno. the rest of us can happily listen to "[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7uswm7VTmY"]Flight of the Bumblebee[/url]" without being a real danger to ourselves or others. all in moderation.

many of us grew up listening to different types of music. many of them aren't the most beneficial, or are down right threatening, to our spiritual growth. it's not practical to expect people to quit their musical preferences cold turkey (in one day), unless they happen to be of such a strong will that enables them to do so. i happen to be one of the fortunate ones who was first introduced to a Christian song that sounded similar to what i liked, and over time it has become my main preference, along with chant and worship music.

i think my point is that it is more of a spiritual growth issue that will cause a person to change their musical habits over time, and it's probably not the best idea to condemn someone's entire genre of music and expect them to understand and convert. i know some people who listen to hardcore heavymetal music, with some even bordering on satanic and literally sounding like sounds from hell. there isn't as much rhythmic bass like in techno, but more of frightening screaming and screeching guitars. fortunately i can see progress in their spirituality and hopefully they will see how certain music may not line up with their current state of morality and spirituality. so just encourage them to work on God and the changes will naturally flow from it.

also remember that not everyone is at, or may ever reach, the spiritual level you are at and may not hold the same values as you do. there will always be someone "holier" than you that can point out the "satanic", or more appropriately, "non-spiritually-beneficial" elements in the things you do and enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL! This is one of the sillyest(sp?) things I've heard so far reading through these forums. I'm not sure how music can be satanic...picturing satan sitting next to a songwriter going "No No..Use the word F..." lol

This sentence alone - "As I sit here and listen to Fedde Le Grand's "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" I feel the urge to fornicate.", shows your own weakness to control yourself. When I listen to this song (which i love), i just feel like dancing and being happy.

"Besides, trancish music builds the foundation of the homosexual culture, which is becoming mainstream."

Again omg....quite an ignorant, arrogant statement.

You need to open your narrow view. Yes gays like this music, but they also like rock, country, classical. Maybe we should stop these from being listened to as well?..

The greatest thing about music is NO ONE has control over it, and it can be made to mean anything, good or bad. If you don't like the bad, ignore it and stick with the good.

Better than coming out with these ridiculous comments.

<<< Is a fan of Techno Music

And an abuse does not negate the abuse.

Have you seen the effect oxygen has on evil men? Have you seen the way they use it? It is so sad sometimes.

• 3 years later...

[quote name='Theoketos' timestamp='1192644992' post='1404313']
<<< Is a fan of Techno Music

And an abuse does not negate the abuse.[/quote]

You're smart!

So humm... I think I just bumped this thread up by voting... Might as well post too!

As far as I can tell, the OP is an Ukrainian young adult who basically got disgusted at techno/trance music in raves, making him think of all sort of satanic things. Why am I being charitable and putting this in context? Because the content really is silly. One thing doesn't follow into the next and the person is only speaking from outrage. I know that there are quite some fans of electronic music in Eastern Europe, my guess is they use it for emotional highs in countries where atheism was law up until recently. There's also widespread immorality (unbelievable abortion counts to name one) and I would imagine that the alcohol industry, the bar and club culture - all about escapism - thrives.

I became a fan of trance music after watching some YouTube videos with such a soundtrack on them and I was surprised to start searching for those songs in order to listen in more detail. Once I got the hang of it, I realized this music is a well-hidden treasure. Surely I'm not talking about "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" though. I'm talking genres such as uplifting trance or vocal trance, as well as some progressive trance.

However, I would say I do have concerns about the negative side of the culture this music is made for - the clubs, the raves. I don't attend any of them, I'm a fan just because I loved what I heard. I'm aware that some of the producers are active homosexuals as a part of it. I also avoid all those nearly naked women they put on YouTube uploads and make very limited contact with promoters of this content.

Trance, although the name suggests otherwise, actually makes me experience the beauty external to me and is able to take me so far from my own self that I am humbled for the experience, the connection. Naturally, I also feel more alert and ready for big things to happen next, as johnnydigit mentioned. That's what people who look into music for inspiration do. Trance delivers that, a lot.

I would say it isn't quite radio-friendly, because it has an intensity similar to rock, as it can be very moving/emotional. In fact, uplifting & vocal trance can easily bring you close to shivers and/or tears. Let me share a couple of the tunes I would say feel more immediately "spiritual" (I know tons more so poke me if you'd click Like were this on Facebook :P):

[These are all YouTube links. You may want to skip the first minute or two in all of these songs, usually there's some filler at the start and end for them to be mixed into sets - but they generally do start out slow too. Brace yourself! This ain't yo momma's techno!!]

[list][*][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qOe0utZViY"]Alex M.O.R.P.H. - Walk The Edge (Alex M.O.R.P.H. B2B Woody Van Eyden Intro Vocal Mix)[/url] (brilliant video; try to ignore the vocals, they're not that great - if you'd like to hear how this sounds without them, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfiFVZRR4U"]here's another remix[/url])[/list]
[list][*][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63M0PFebb64"]Masters & Nickson ft. Justine Suissa - Out There (5th Dimension) (Daniel Kandi Remix)[/url][/list]
[list][*][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv484hQbmks"]OceanLab - Sirens Of The Sea (Above & Beyond Club Mix)[/url][/list]

Edited by ExCorde

I don't like techno, so I don't bother listening to it. Now give me some metal or some heavy rock then we'll start talking. Love me some Red and Demon Hunter! And for some reason I can't stand rap unless its Christian Rap.

ParadiseFound

[quote name='Monoxide' timestamp='1189437814' post='1382508']
From recent experience I have firmly come to the conclusion that techno-ish or any sort of trance music (steady repetitive sub) is straight from Satan.

Looking at what it does to a crowd is scary. Aside from the obscene hip gyrations and anti-cultural head bobbings, the proximity of even the bodies is disturbing! Combined with the mdma based substances these crowds turn into the proverbial orgy of first century Rome! The image is a cup full of sinful worms.

As I sit here and listen to Fedde Le Grand's "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" I feel the urge to fornicate. This raises interesting questions in my mind -- is the entire song possessed or is it just the repetitive sub? Surely it can't be the symphasizer, as I have heard the symphasizer in some RC churches.

Besides, trancish music builds the foundation of the homosexual culture, which is becoming mainstream. Personally this is the most terrifying point, as I have worked with the products of this culture - I do not even know if what remains alive can actually be classified as human. (Meth and E driven raves ruin humanity)

Any thoughts?

-monoxide
[/quote]
[img]http://safeforlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/NotSureIfSerious1.jpg[/img]