An Old School Catholic Message Board

Techno = Satan

Monoxide

What makes techno music so satanic?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383462' date='Sep 11 2007, 12:33 PM']RC_ please refrain from tossing your inane bigotry in my future posts. Unless you have something constructive to say, don't say anything at all please.

My point was never to say that the music itself was evil, and you know it, you are just being obnoxious. Refrain, please.[/quote]

You don't get to decide who responds to a post. You have lost the argument by your overgeneralizations, ad hominem attacks, and faulty logic.

I do think that techno music is Satanic and I'll prove it:

1. Techno music has bass
2. If you remove the BS you're left with "as".
3. "as" spelt backwards is "sa"
4. The Titanic made a deep bass sound
5. Replace "Ti" with the "sa" in step three

Result: Techno music = satanic

Theologian in Training

Monoxide,

Perhaps part of what is occurring here is indeed a culture clash, however, since I do not know exactly where you are from I would rather not make assumptions of the exact type of techno music you have there, but, for the sake of argument, I will pretend that you are speaking about the kind of techno music we might understand over here as underground trance music or the like. I will grant you that it is different and though I have not listened to a lot of it, it is clear that there is a different beat and tempo that you might not find in our "mainstream" techno.

Given that, however, your argument, from the beginning, has been that techo music (for us "Americans" a very vast generalization with which you seem to lump multiple genres under that same heading) is inherently Satanic, and you go on to explain that you came to this conclusion because of the way it makes you feel. When someone challenged you on your personal observation, rather than trying to explain yourself you attacked them for not thinking the same way as yourself and not sharing the same "feelings" that you get when listening to techno music.

Now, as was established there is a cultural divide, and perhaps we are not thinking that the same music you listen to can also be classified under the heading of "techno." So, before going any further maybe you should explain what "techno" music is to you.

Then after that, maybe provide some information, rather than a promise for this information, of people or an article explaining a phenomenon that happens when people listen to techno music, perhaps, targeting the "sensual" part of our brain, as it were, as you explained earlier.

Then after that, maybe then we could have a discussion about what you feel when listening to techno music, one that does not rely upon attacking others for thinking differently than you, and one that does not accuse them of being horrid sinners for, again, not feeling the same way as you.

Right now this thread is nothing more than a personal observation based on personal experience, an experience none here share, and unless you use hard cold facts and not some comparison with Hitler and the Nazis, then the respect that you demand of this thread will never and can never be given.

Just trying to help, take it or leave it.

Edited by Theologian in Training

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383458' date='Sep 11 2007, 12:28 PM']I laugh as you swirve around my points and spew random trash in my direction. Godwin's law? Obviously you are skimming posts for naughty words to latch upon in order to make your obnoxious existence known. I mentioned Iosif as well, but obviously that slipped by...

The music isn't inherently evil, the intention is, which was the point of my metaphor. Think about it before you start expulging fecal matter from your mouths.

Just because you are a little upset that you might be contributing to a sinful life-style doesn't make you correct.[/quote]

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383462' date='Sep 11 2007, 12:33 PM']RC_ please refrain from tossing your inane bigotry in my future posts. Unless you have something constructive to say, don't say anything at all please.[/quote]
So, your entire argument style is [i]ad hominem[/i], mixed with telling people who point this out that they're horrible sinners and have to shut up? How is that a valid method of debate?

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383394' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:27 AM']You folks are obviously too far along down the sinful line of technoism. Cut the ad-hominem and take a good look at yourself. Are you living the Christian-calling? Instead of intoxicating yourself with rhythms designed with sinful foundations why not attempt to do something more constructive with your meagre life?

Let me place technoism in a metaphor you Americans can understand.

Sure marching isn't bad, and neither is saluting - nor is even saying 'Ave or Hail'. However were one of you to march around saluting the long dead dictators Adolfus Hitler and Iosif Vissiaronich, you would probably get beat up and thrown in prison. I repeat the initial marching isn't sinful, neither is saying Ave or Hail, (it better not be as we use it regularly) - it is the intention that is criminal. Even arranging a dance for the ignorant that involves the combination of the three will probably get the ignorant imprisoned.[/quote]

Hey, look, it's my favorite attack....'You're all just a bunch of dumb Americans." You do realize that you'll never be able to get us to listen to any point you may be able to make if that's your attitude.

And actually, if someone wants to go around saying Hail Hitler in this country, they have every right to do so. They may get beat up, but they won't be sent to prison unless they've committed a crime. Just marching around saying Hail Hitler isn't a crime. It probably should be, but the fact it, it isn't.

And thirdly.....I don't even like techno. But as far as I know, the Catholic Church hasn't come out and condemned techno music, so until they do, you shouldn't go around calling people sinful for listening to it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to listen to some hip hop.

i think we need to remember that monoxide's first language is not English, so some points that he might be trying to make are not translating correctly :unsure:

[quote name='dUSt' post='1383574' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:50 PM']I do think that techno music is Satanic and I'll prove it:

1. Techno music has bass
2. If you remove the BS you're left with "as".
3. "as" spelt backwards is "sa"
4. The Titanic made a deep bass sound
5. Replace "Ti" with the "sa" in step three

Result: Techno music = satanic[/quote]
:hehehe:

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1383609' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:46 PM']i think we need to remember that monoxide's first language is not English, so some points that he might be trying to make are not translating correctly :unsure:[/quote]
:yes:

Even so, the points being made without translation issues:

1. we are "americans" :hehe: that have fallen into satanistic ways by listening to trance music
2. A mother who listens to trance is a bad parent
3. People that come out of raves are barely human
4. If we disagree we are declaring ourselves "holier than thou"

Doesn't take perfect English to throw out insults as we have just seen.

And for the record, this should be on the debate table.

Ewww... Prose, don't think the fellow lameboarders would like it...
[quote name='prose' post='1383531' date='Sep 11 2007, 12:50 PM']First of all, Thank goodness I am not American. I would hate to be lumped with you freaks.

Second of all, serious question to monoxide: Do you think rap is satanic too?[/quote]
Yeah, I 'm with Prose here. Don't lump me with these crazy people. Freaks is a good word. :)

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1383541' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:01 PM']So the question then becomes whether you think any techno-style music can be good, or at least not evil. If it is not the music, but the intention, then it stands to reason that not all techno is evil.
I sometimes forget I'm American, since I live in the UK - does that count? :)[/quote]
Umm, you're Honourary UK. Now would be the time to cash that one in :)

One final bit... I'm not a techno fan. Maybe the Strongbad thing is pretty cool, but I think it's either corny or lacking in virtuosity (I don't mean virtue... I mean technicality of performance). In fact, I'm a more old-school type musical fan. I likes my Celtic, jazz... romantic, classical, baroque... I'll take in a bit of rock once and a while.

Also, I have heard about the study about certain types of music stimulating certain feelings... It's sorta like primitivism... yuck... anywho, I think techno, and some rock was thrown in that list too. I'm not concerned though. I have my tastes.

Just keep it cool. We want this to be an orderly debate.

Edited by Sacred Music Man

I am sorry that some of you were offended.

I just get the same icky feeling when I see interesting literature in the homes of respectable Christians. Who really has any reason to have a copy of the 'Satanic Bible' or even 'Cosmopolitan'? Sure these people are not sinners, but really you shouldn't tempt it...

Ah, that is what embracing the techno is... "an occasion to sin".

tak?

-monoxide

Only if you make it that way or react to it that way.

In fact, if you are using it to... say... exercise when you are slothful, it is actually aiding you to overcome a vice.