An Old School Catholic Message Board

Techno = Satan

Monoxide

What makes techno music so satanic?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1385125' date='Sep 13 2007, 08:36 PM'](And is anyone else just a wee bit suspicious of tetso987?)[/quote]
Since that was tetso987's first post and they are both Ukrainian Catholic....just a wee bit. :mellow:

[quote name='tetso987' post='1385099' date='Sep 13 2007, 08:58 PM']I understand where Monoxides is comming from, resently one of my friends liked to listen to Techno music, he is now addicted to meth and other typs of recreational drugs.

It is good you are warning people of its nature and intent. For that I thank you.
If only you would of told us earlier, you would of helped many ignorant people.[/quote]
So by your logic, does U2 cause people to lose strands of hair?

[quote name='RC _' post='1385790' date='Sep 15 2007, 12:57 AM']I really wish I'd known about this before I started listening to techno music...[/quote]

:lol_pound:

Heh, friends appear out of no-where. Maybe it is divine intention?

I am sensing a degeneration toward the ad-hominem, why do you resort to such weakness in your arguments? Resorting ridicule where it is not needed nor desired makes you seem almost bigoted. Honestly, it tells worlds about your character - are you lashing out because you feel a personal affront? Try connecting the sin in your life to your music habits. I am curious as to what you discover. Be objective. Keep your trousers on.

-monoxide

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1388744' date='Sep 19 2007, 02:43 PM']Heh, friends appear out of no-where. Maybe it is divine intention?

I am sensing a degeneration toward the ad-hominem, why do you resort to such weakness in your arguments? Resorting ridicule where it is not needed nor desired makes you seem almost bigoted. Honestly, it tells worlds about your character - are you lashing out because you feel a personal affront? Try connecting the sin in your life to your music habits. I am curious as to what you discover. Be objective. Keep your trousers on.

-monoxide[/quote]

This guy is talking about ad hominem and seeming bigoted?

:mellow:

I'm beyond laughing now.

Why is it that people refuse to see that a form of art used within an evil culture does not necessarily make the art evil? Look at the naked sculptures of the Roman artists and those of Michaelangelo. Very similar, right? Does that mean the Catholic Church is as hedonistic and idolatrous as the Romans because it holds the greatest collection of Michaelangelo sculptures? Of course not. But just because the rave culture has adopted Techno as its choice music, we have to assume that the evils of the Rave culture also relate to Techno music? Is Jazz music now evil, too, given that the homosexual counter-culture has chosen that style as its main preference? If we're gonna use catchy Latin phrases to describe bogus arguments, how about this one: non sequitur. That logic simply does not follow!

Edited by abercius24

Archaeology cat

[quote name='abercius24' post='1388960' date='Sep 20 2007, 08:34 AM']Why is it that people refuse to see that a form of art used within an evil culture does not necessarily make the art evil? Look at the naked sculptures of the Roman artists and those of Michaelangelo. Very similar, right? Does that mean the Catholic Church is as hedonistic and idolatrous as the Romans because it holds the greatest collection of Michaelangelo sculptures? Of course not. But just because the rave culture has adopted Techno as its choice music, we have to assume that the evils of the Rave culture also relate to Techno music? Is Jazz music now evil, too, given that the homosexual counter-culture has chosen that style as its main preference? If we're gonna use catchy Latin phrases to describe bogus arguments, how about this one: non sequitur. That logic simply does not follow![/quote]

Wow, you pretty much summed up what my husband & I had been talking about. Good thing I don't have to give up listening to jazz - I like Herbie Hancock too much. :)

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1388744' date='Sep 19 2007, 05:43 PM']Heh, friends appear out of no-where. Maybe it is divine intention?

-monoxide[/quote]

Multiple Accounts
Multiple accounts are prohibited. Creation of an account to bypass a suspension may result in a deletion of all accounts.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1389142' date='Sep 20 2007, 01:54 PM']Multiple Accounts
Multiple accounts are prohibited. Creation of an account to bypass a suspension may result in a deletion of all accounts.[/quote]

Wow, that's a new technique in an attempt to win an argument: set up a new account to agree with yourself. That's really pathetic. Thank you for catching him/her on this.

Edited by abercius24

Unfortunatly you are incorrect in your analysis - I do not run multiple accounts. If that is the only counter that you have to what I declare, then you fail. qed.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1389685' date='Sep 21 2007, 02:23 AM']Unfortunatly you are incorrect in your analysis - I do not run multiple accounts. If that is the only counter that you have to what I declare, then you fail. qed.[/quote]

You have been given plenty of arguments which you ignore entirely.

Cmom's post is perfectly legitimate. There's this nifty little fingerprint called an IP address. 1+1=2.