An Old School Catholic Message Board

Techno = Satan

Monoxide

What makes techno music so satanic?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383394' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:27 AM']You folks are obviously too far along down the sinful line of technoism. Cut the ad-hominem and take a good look at yourself. Are you living the Christian-calling? Instead of intoxicating yourself with rhythms designed with sinful foundations why not attempt to do something more constructive with your meagre life?

Let me place technoism in a metaphor you Americans can understand.

Sure marching isn't bad, and neither is saluting - nor is even saying 'Ave or Hail'. However were one of you to march around saluting the long dead dictators Adolfus Hitler and Iosif Vissiaronich, you would probably get beat up and thrown in prison. I repeat the initial marching isn't sinful, neither is saying Ave or Hail, (it better not be as we use it regularly) - it is the intention that is criminal. Even arranging a dance for the ignorant that involves the combination of the three will probably get the ignorant imprisoned.

Does this illuminate my point? I am beginning to think that you Holiest don't seem to want to look at this with an open mind.

I apologize as I do not think I am getting my point through, but I attribute this to my incomplete underderstanding of your english language. I was a late learner.

-monoxide[/quote]
meager life???? :lol_roll:
And what are your qualifications to decide this?

Nobody claimed to listen to the stuff 24/7, what we dispute is your attempt to judge us by claiming we are sinful, getting aroused and having meager lives because we listen to a certain type of music.

Like I said the music doesn't cause me to sin it causes me to sleep, its boring music

PS and kindly DON"T assume we are all americans here...

I laugh as you swirve around my points and spew random trash in my direction. Godwin's law? Obviously you are skimming posts for naughty words to latch upon in order to make your obnoxious existence known. I mentioned Iosif as well, but obviously that slipped by...

The music isn't inherently evil, the intention is, which was the point of my metaphor. Think about it before you start expulging fecal matter from your mouths.

Just because you are a little upset that you might be contributing to a sinful life-style doesn't make you correct.

-monoxide

rollingcatholic

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383458' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:28 AM']I laugh as you swirve around my points and spew random trash in my direction. Godwin's law? Obviously you are skimming posts for naughty words to latch upon in order to make your obnoxious existence known. I mentioned Iosif as well, but obviously that slipped by...

[b]The music isn't inherently evil[/b], the intention is, which was the point of my metaphor. Think about it before you start expulging fecal matter from your mouths.

Just because you are a little upset that you might be contributing to a sinful life-style doesn't make you correct.

-monoxide[/quote]

That was our whole point.

Thank you for conceding.

RC_ please refrain from tossing your inane bigotry in my future posts. Unless you have something constructive to say, don't say anything at all please.

My point was never to say that the music itself was evil, and you know it, you are just being obnoxious. Refrain, please.

rollingcatholic

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383462' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:33 AM']RC_ please refrain from tossing your inane bigotry in my future posts. Unless you have something constructive to say, don't say anything at all please.

My point was never to say that the music itself was evil, and you know it, you are just being obnoxious. Refrain, please.[/quote]

Every post you made said the music itself was evil. I am not being obnoxious.

Edited by RC _

IcePrincessKRS
:rolleyes:

You know nothing about us, you're just making wild accusations. You don't know the frequency or content of the music we listen to. I'm not upset or angry. I have laughed out loud at this thread quite a bit in the last 24 hours. I've read everything you have said and you STILL haven't provided a concrete reason for your allegations. You lack the necessary components required to conduct a productive conversation.

And THIS is the part where I quote one of my favorite techno songs:

"Just about enough, can't take any more of you..."

rollingcatholic

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383462' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:33 AM']RC_ please refrain from tossing your inane bigotry in my future posts. Unless you have something constructive to say, don't say anything at all please.

My point was never to say that the music itself was evil, and you know it, you are just being obnoxious. Refrain, please.[/quote]

Oh, and with you NOT being a mod and all, please refrain from instructing me how to post. Here's a little hint:
If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore.

It's simple, easy, and free.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1383491' date='Sep 11 2007, 12:02 PM']I agree with everything Monoxide said, except for the things about the music.[/quote]
:lol_roll:

I don't like techno. But I don't think it's satanic either.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dUSt' post='1383491' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:02 PM']I agree with everything Monoxide said, except for the things about the music.[/quote]

I'm feeling victimized. :lol_roll:

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1382508' date='Sep 10 2007, 09:23 AM']From recent experience I have firmly come to the conclusion that techno-ish or any sort of trance music (steady repetitive sub) is straight from Satan.

Looking at what it does to a crowd is scary. Aside from the obscene hip gyrations and anti-cultural head bobbings, the proximity of even the bodies is disturbing! Combined with the mdma based substances these crowds turn into the proverbial orgy of first century Rome! The image is a cup full of sinful worms.

As I sit here and listen to Fedde Le Grand's "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" I feel the urge to fornicate. This raises interesting questions in my mind -- is the entire song possessed or is it just the repetitive sub? Surely it can't be the symphasizer, as I have heard the symphasizer in some RC churches.

Besides, trancish music builds the foundation of the homosexual culture, which is becoming mainstream. Personally this is the most terrifying point, as I have worked with the products of this culture - I do not even know if what remains alive can actually be classified as human. (Meth and E driven raves ruin humanity)

Any thoughts?

-monoxide[/quote]

[quote name=''Monoxide'']Being raised by someone who is under the hold of such sinful rhythms could not contribute positively to a proper upbringing. I only hope the male figure in the family is more level headed than yourself.[/quote]

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383282' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:09 PM']There is nothing wrong with certain tones or even melodies.. It is the repetitive kick that has an odd effect on the human. It is called trance for a reason. It is a sort of intoxicant, actually there was a study done, and I will link it for you when I am back at my computer, that shows that when you are concious of repeating bass certain chemicals in your brain are released that are related to the fight or flight response... i'd actually have to double check, but the gist was that people were becoming conditioned to feel pleasure from the constant flow of adrenaline and seratonin or something ridiculous like that.

Either way, I have yet to see a techno rhythm with good intentions. I suspect that even you self-declared holiest of holies have 'interesting' feelings when you are proverbially 'feeling the beat'..[/quote]

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383394' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:27 AM']You folks are obviously too far along down the sinful line of technoism. Cut the ad-hominem and take a good look at yourself. Are you living the Christian-calling? Instead of intoxicating yourself with rhythms designed with sinful foundations why not attempt to do something more constructive with your meagre life?

Let me place technoism in a metaphor you Americans can understand.

Sure marching isn't bad, and neither is saluting - nor is even saying 'Ave or Hail'. However were one of you to march around saluting the long dead dictators Adolfus Hitler and Iosif Vissiaronich, you would probably get beat up and thrown in prison. I repeat the initial marching isn't sinful, neither is saying Ave or Hail, (it better not be as we use it regularly) - it is the intention that is criminal. Even arranging a dance for the ignorant that involves the combination of the three will probably get the ignorant imprisoned.

Does this illuminate my point? I am beginning to think that you Holiest don't seem to want to look at this with an open mind.

I apologize as I do not think I am getting my point through, but I attribute this to my incomplete underderstanding of your english language. I was a late learner.

-monoxide[/quote]

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383462' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:33 AM']RC_ please refrain from tossing your inane bigotry in my future posts. Unless you have something constructive to say, don't say anything at all please.

Your last post contradicts every other post you made in this thread.

Admit it. You lost the debate.

This thread makes me laugh.

Mahahaha.

That must mean I'm a horrible pagan sinner who listens to satanic techno beats.

got news for ya.

IM NOT!

The first time you metioned "intention" as sinful was like two posts ago. Reread the very first one that Tbone has so very kindly reposted.

First of all, Thank goodness I am not American. I would hate to be lumped with you freaks.

Second of all, serious question to monoxide: Do you think rap is satanic too?

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383458' date='Sep 11 2007, 04:28 PM']The music isn't inherently evil, the intention is, which was the point of my metaphor. Think about it before you start expulging fecal matter from your mouths.[/quote]

So the question then becomes whether you think any techno-style music can be good, or at least not evil. If it is not the music, but the intention, then it stands to reason that not all techno is evil.

[quote name='prose' post='1383531' date='Sep 11 2007, 05:50 PM']First of all, Thank goodness I am not American. I would hate to be lumped with you freaks.

Second of all, serious question to monoxide: Do you think rap is satanic too?[/quote]

I sometimes forget I'm American, since I live in the UK - does that count? :)