An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Chopped A Rat's Leg Off.

dUSt

This is pretty disgusting. Read on.

So about three days ago I check the rat traps in my garage. One was missing. I looked all over for it and it was nowhere to be found.

So, today I'm mowing the grass. As I cut the grass next to the fence, I see the rat trap near a small hole at the bottom of the fence. At first glance, the trap appeared empty. After closer inspection, the trap contained one rat leg. The leg alone was the size of a small mouse.

Apparently, the rat got trapped by it's leg, dragged the trap all the way across my yard, tried to escape through the fence, but the trap was too big to fit through the hole.

I have no idea how it disconnected itself from it's leg to get away--but I do look forward to someday catching a three legged rat.

I'll spare you the pictures.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1680757' date='Oct 18 2008, 06:52 PM']This is pretty disgusting. Read on.

So about three days ago I check the rat traps in my garage. One was missing. I looked all over for it and it was nowhere to be found.

So, today I'm mowing the grass. As I cut the grass next to the fence, I see the rat trap near a small hole at the bottom of the fence. At first glance, the trap appeared empty. After closer inspection, the trap contained one rat leg. The leg alone was the size of a small mouse.

Apparently, the rat got trapped by it's leg, dragged the trap all the way across my yard, tried to escape through the fence, but the trap was too big to fit through the hole.

I have no idea how it disconnected itself from it's leg to get away--but I do look forward to someday catching a three legged rat.

I'll spare you the pictures.[/quote]

:lol_roll:

I had a lot of mice when I lived next to a lake. The blood produced by the old kind of traps sent me in search of something else. Next I used the sticky traps. Then I came home from work to a basset hound with sticky traps and dead mice stuck to both ears like some kind of punk rock ear rings. I then used the sticky traps down in the vents where the mice were, and the crazy dog couldn't get too. They tend to move quite a bit after getting stuck, and ended up being mummified 20 feet down a duct where I couldn't reach them. You can only control 3 coat hangers joined together in a tight enclosed space. What finally worked was when a copperhead snake took up residence in my shed. Gave me an excuse to not mow the lawn.

I would like to see the pictures.

Today, Didy showed me a tail of some animal laying in the yard. Have no idea what it is to but it was pretty cool.

Two years ago when I was in 10th grade, my school had this nast mouse infastation. One of my favorite teachers, Mrs. S-vold was scared of them (it didn't help that she had some in her room). One day after school she went to a file cabinet to take out a quiz and saw a family of mice living in it! she was so shocked that she slamed the door closed only to find that she had accidentaly decapitated the mother mouse in the procese.

Well, I had mice at my old house, and sticky traps worked fine if you could get over the little mice screams and long painful, drawn out mice deaths. The snap traps seem more humane.

Sticky traps don't work for rats--the rats here are the size of small dogs.

These work best, and when placed along walls where the rats walk, don't even need bait--although it helps.

[img]http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/TREXTRAP.JPG[/img]

Saint Therese

Those sticky traps are the worst. They always manage to pull off of it, leaving only and arm or leg or tail or something. <_<

Once my mom saw a mouse in our basement and made me kill it. She gave me a fly swatter, but I knew that wasn't going to do anything! So the only thing I could think of doing was get a big, heavy toolbox and drop it on the mouse. It did the trick, but it was nasty!

[quote name='Dave' post='1680928' date='Oct 18 2008, 09:08 PM']Once my mom saw a mouse in our basement and made me kill it. She gave me a fly swatter, but I knew that wasn't going to do anything! So the only thing I could think of doing was get a big, heavy toolbox and drop it on the mouse. It did the trick, but it was nasty![/quote]

Poor mousie...

Saint Therese

[quote name='Dave' post='1680928' date='Oct 18 2008, 11:08 PM']Once my mom saw a mouse in our basement and made me kill it. She gave me a fly swatter, but I knew that wasn't going to do anything! So the only thing I could think of doing was get a big, heavy toolbox and drop it on the mouse. It did the trick, but it was nasty![/quote]

I beat a huge rat to death with a broom It was half the size of my cat.