An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dress At Mass

Brother Adam

hoosieranna

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1882508' date='Jun 3 2009, 09:38 PM']Additionally, women should wear a head-covering, of course. :)[/quote]

What's that George, you say the horse is dead?

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' post='1883132' date='Jun 4 2009, 01:22 PM']Just a question:

Would it be ok for someone to present themselves in just jeans, shirt, and tennis shoes to a head of state if they had nicer clothes, plenty of time to dress nicer, as long as their heart was 'in the right place'? Do you think that they'd even be allowed to meet the head of state dressed that way?[/quote]

i wouldnt dress nicely for the current head of the country... lol sorry off topic!! :offtopic:

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='Shpout' post='1883388' date='Jun 4 2009, 04:36 PM']i wouldnt dress nicely for the current head of the country... lol sorry off topic!! :offtopic:[/quote]

Would you dress nicely for the Pope? :P

Would use the wink, but it's been indicated that there are some that don't like me using it :P

Edited by Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1883225' date='Jun 4 2009, 02:33 PM']I think that rather than causing further division as this thread has, we should all agree on what we KNOW to be improper--clothes that show cleavage, butts and midriffs, ripped up clothes and the like.

No one is going to budge (bonus points if you got my double entendre) on either side here.

Unless my pastor or confessor says otherwise to me, I will keep wearing what in my eyes is tasteful and appropriate for Mass. I'll be in the back hiding my face, so I won't be sad, either. :)

(Though I do have to wonder...what if I were to dress in an ankle-length skirt, blouse, and dye my hair blue? :hehe:)[/quote]

I agree with you, i think we can ALL agree of what's really not appropriate!
and i had my hair dyed blue and then red (briiight) for a while, and still went to Church that way.... lol

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1883141' date='Jun 4 2009, 01:27 PM']you know i love you, but that's in the New Testament. ;)

i don't think so, either, but i think we've talked about this before... :))

Back to topic...[/quote]

lol! whoops, i should fully read before posting....
anyways did a bit more research and found this:

While it is absolutely clear to me that there is no canonical or moral obligation for women to wear a head-covering in Church, women are certainly free to do so as a matter of personal devotion. They should, however, see it as a sign of subordination to God, as that better suits the liturgical context. Those who wear a covering or veil, and those who don't, should not judge the motives of the other, but leave each woman free in a matter that is clearly not of obligation.

[url="http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/head_coverings_in_church.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/head_co...s_in_church.htm[/url]

helped me make peace with it all...

Anyways moving on, i m done with this topic, it keeps going around in circle and is getting a bit annoying after a while.... I'll have to make a whole topic just about head coverings!! ;)