zunshynn Posted November 29, 2009 Posted November 29, 2009 [quote name='Archaeology cat' date='29 November 2009 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1259521691' post='2011131'] I'd have fun going to the Lego section. [/quote] But throwing a tantrum over it?
Arpy Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 (edited) I go to the Lego section at my Wal-Mart all the time (pretty much the only reason I ever go to Wal-Mart; I can't get Lego anywhere else within like 50 miles), but I haven't thrown a tantrum there in at least ten years. I apologize on behalf of the adult Lego hobbyist community for your date's behavior (or not, depending on how old he and you were then). We're not all like that. Edited November 30, 2009 by Arpy
picchick Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' date='29 November 2009 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1259521331' post='2011119'] My first date was with this annoying guy to applebee's where he made fun of what I was eating (when HE got something weird like a hamburger without the hamburger)... Then after we were done eating, he asked if I wanted to go to Target while we waited for his mom to pick us up (his car had died as we were going into the restaurant parking lot). Then as soon as we went into Target he started walking really fast to... the LEGO section. Yes, the LEGO section. And then he got really upset because they didn't have the particular star wars (or star trek, I can't remember exactly) lego set that he wanted. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img] Then: Weird guy: "So do you want to come watch a movie at my house?" Me: "Actually, I think I'm ready to go home... Thank you for dinner though." [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohno.gif[/img] Weird guy: "So when do you want to go out next?" Me: "I'm sorry it's just, we don't really have a lot of common interests or subjects to talk about... I really don't see this going anywhere" Weird guy: "We're talking right now, though!" [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif[/img] Me: "But we're talking about how we have nothing to talk about." (seriously, the guy was dense.) Weird guy: "Well, I mean we don't have to talk that much... we could still kiss and stuff." [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] Me: "No, I don't think so." Thankfully his mom drove up right then, and we went back to my house in total, awkward silence. He didn't even wait until I'd walked up my driveway before he sped away. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/covereyes.gif[/img] Horrible memories. [/quote] I dig the legos. I love legos actually. I don't do well building with them but I think they are pretty cool. Plus my brothers are into them.
Arpy Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 *adds picchick's post to collection of proof regarding existence of Catholic females who are also cool with Lego*
Jesus_lol Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 [quote name='Arpy' date='29 November 2009 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1259552627' post='2011693'] I go to the Lego section at my Wal-Mart all the time (pretty much the only reason I ever go to Wal-Mart; I can't get Lego anywhere else within like 50 miles), but I haven't thrown a tantrum there in at least ten years. I apologize on behalf of the adult Lego hobbyist community for your date's behavior (or not, depending on how old he and you were then). We're not all like that. [/quote] man i used to LOVE lego. i want to find one of these old sets, was my holy grail when i was 9 but i couldnt afford it oh well good luck for me to find an intact 12 year old lego set. [img]http://ericalbrecht.com/technic/8414/8414isosmall.jpg[/img]
Arpy Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='29 November 2009 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1259555715' post='2011729'] man i used to LOVE lego. i want to find one of these old sets, was my holy grail when i was 9 but i couldnt afford it oh well good luck for me to find an intact 12 year old lego set. [img]http://ericalbrecht.com/technic/8414/8414isosmall.jpg[/img] [/quote] http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=8414
Jesus_lol Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 [quote name='Arpy' date='29 November 2009 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1259555872' post='2011731'] [url="http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=8414"]http://www.bricklink...arch.asp?q=8414[/url] [/quote] awesome! hmmm, i should get that sometime...
Jesus_lol Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 you know legos are awesome. look at this beast. http://technic.lego.com/en-us/Products/default.aspx#8258
Archaeology cat Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' date='29 November 2009 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1259523434' post='2011155'] But throwing a tantrum over it? [/quote] Well, no. But I do love Legos. Too bad my son isn't old enough for the real Legos.
missionseeker Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 [quote name='Archaeology cat' date='29 November 2009 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1259521691' post='2011131'] I'd have fun going to the Lego section. [/quote] YES! Me too! when my brothers needed help building lego things, they asked me. I really wanna play with legos right now.
Servus_Mariae Posted December 1, 2009 Posted December 1, 2009 So...how did it go Paddington? Didn't talk about Legos did you? Did you?
zunshynn Posted December 1, 2009 Posted December 1, 2009 This was not the response I was expecting to get from that story.
Jesus_lol Posted December 1, 2009 Posted December 1, 2009 tonight, i am digging out the old Big Box O' Legos!
Jaime Posted December 1, 2009 Posted December 1, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' date='30 November 2009 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1259628144' post='2012250'] This was not the response I was expecting to get from that story. [/quote] Good thing you're married!
Paddington Posted December 1, 2009 Author Posted December 1, 2009 I left her a message today. Then I left her another message 30 seconds later with my phone number included. [quote name='zunshynn' date='30 November 2009 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1259628144' post='2012250'] This was not the response I was expecting to get from that story. [/quote] Yea, I totally don't agree with the way they hijacked your thread.
zunshynn Posted December 1, 2009 Posted December 1, 2009 [quote name='Paddington' date='30 November 2009 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1259629065' post='2012266'] Yea, I totally don't agree with the way they hijacked your thread. [/quote]
Jaime Posted December 1, 2009 Posted December 1, 2009 [quote name='Paddington' date='30 November 2009 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1259629065' post='2012266'] I left her a message today. Then I left her another message 30 seconds later with my phone number included. Yea, I totally don't agree with the way they hijacked your thread. [/quote] You gotta see the movie Swingers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now