Hilde Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='26 December 2009 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1261804872' post='2026142'] Since we're on the subject of pronunciation, how do you pronounce Kierkegaard's first name? [/quote]the ø in søren is pronounced like I said, so it's like [b]su[/b]b [b]R[/b] [b]en[/b]doctrinal where the R is a rolling R
Nihil Obstat Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 (edited) I can't roll my r's. Edited December 26, 2009 by Nihil Obstat
zunshynn Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 Scandinavians aren't as snobby as the French about how well you roll your Rs, generally speaking.
Hilde Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='26 December 2009 - 07:47 AM' timestamp='1261806428' post='2026155'] I can't roll my r's. [/quote] Aww.. If it makes you feel better I can't sing the edith piaf r without some water for gurgling. If you were in western Norway, your R-s would sound something like [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpyzEd2xUg"]this[/url]( I have very little interest in football, but it was the first person I came up with with that r)
Vincent Vega Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 Double-u...tea...aich. That is the craziest language I have ever heard.
Hilde Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 What what WHAT? My grandfather has that dialect
sacredheartandbloodofjesus Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 Same lady that knocked him down last time. I guess their saying she is mentally ill. We should praise God that the Pope is all right.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 So I was watching the news this afternoon. CBS reported that it was the same woman who tackled the pope this time as who tried to tackle him last time.
Jesus_lol Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='25 December 2009 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1261806428' post='2026155'] I can't roll my r's. [/quote] its just like making a helicopter sound, or a machine gun sound. find your inner child, Joe.
Hilde Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 Lol, I actually thought of asking what sound you made when you played with your toy cars
Nihil Obstat Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='26 December 2009 - 01:48 AM' timestamp='1261813681' post='2026182'] its just like making a helicopter sound, or a machine gun sound. find your inner child, Joe. [/quote] Couldn't really ever do that either. [quote name='Hilde' date='26 December 2009 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1261814255' post='2026186'] Lol, I actually thought of asking what sound you made when you played with your toy cars [/quote] My cars were always super fast, so it was more of an "erRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!"
princessgianna Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 (edited) [quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='26 December 2009 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1261811187' post='2026178'] Same lady that knocked him down last time. I guess their saying she is mentally ill. We should praise God that the Pope is all right. [/quote] Yep! [quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='26 December 2009 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1261811768' post='2026180'] So I was watching the news this afternoon. CBS reported that it was the same woman who tackled the pope this time as who tried to tackle him last time. [/quote] I thought she look familar on youtube. Just proves that Pope Benedict XVI is a tough cookie! Glad he is alright! God be praised indeed. EE showed me the youtube video.... man did the Holy Father get pulled down hard! PAX Edited December 26, 2009 by princessgianna
princessgianna Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='26 December 2009 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1261853246' post='2026270'] Couldn't really ever do that either. My cars were always super fast, so it was more of an "erRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!" [/quote]
Skinzo Posted December 26, 2009 Posted December 26, 2009 I think it's time to start profiling women in red hoods! S.
CatherineM Posted December 27, 2009 Posted December 27, 2009 [quote name='Skinzo' date='26 December 2009 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1261870506' post='2026363'] I think it's time to start profiling women in red hoods! S. [/quote] If we do that, we'll be overrun with big bad wolves.
Mark of the Cross Posted December 27, 2009 Posted December 27, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='26 December 2009 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1261806428' post='2026155'] I can't roll my r's. [/quote] You just have to roll your front and your r's will follow.
Mark of the Cross Posted December 27, 2009 Posted December 27, 2009 [quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='26 December 2009 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1261811187' post='2026178'] Same lady that knocked him down last time. I guess [s]their[/s] [u]they're[/u] saying she is mentally ill. We should praise God that the Pope is all right. [/quote] signed [i]Winchester[/i].
Gregorius Posted December 27, 2009 Posted December 27, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='26 December 2009 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1261806428' post='2026155'] I can't roll my r's. [/quote] Just remember on getting a good air-stream, and don't focus on fluttering your tongue as much, First practice without making the r sound. But anyway,any one of advanced age that keeps a schedule as busy as the Holy Father keeps his is unlikely to let something like this stop him.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now