An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='17 March 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1268844328' post='2074612']
ACtually any city could be struck, but I think Los Angeles is a more likely target.
[/quote]

I don't know how the subject came up at home one time, but my late father back in the 90s said if there is a World War 3, it will start in the middle East.My dad worked in military intelligence for the US Airforce,for 33 years, getting
started when he was in Italy,and was recruited to spy on Tito's partisans. With what's going on over there with iraq,iran and Isreal, i wouldn't be surprised if he was correct.he gave reasons explaining why he thought what he did,
but I have fogotten much of what he said. I've seen the Great Monarch mentioned on the Unexplained Mysteries forum,and I think elsewhere.However, by the time this man appears, i and some of us here may be dead already and not live to see it, unless it happens soon.

[quote name='HollyDolly' date='17 March 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1268845604' post='2074621']
I don't know how the subject came up at home one time, but my late father back in the 90s said if there is a World War 3, it will start in the middle East.My dad worked in military intelligence for the US Airforce,for 33 years, getting
started when he was in Italy,and was recruited to spy on Tito's partisans. With what's going on over there with iraq,iran and Isreal, i wouldn't be surprised if he was correct.he gave reasons explaining why he thought what he did,
but I have fogotten much of what he said. I've seen the Great Monarch mentioned on the Unexplained Mysteries forum,and I think elsewhere.However, by the time this man appears, i and some of us here may be dead already and not live to see it, unless it happens soon.
[/quote]
then you can watch from Heaven ;)

like you said, more than a few people know that WWIII is immanent, however the question is what will cause it? And why?

I think it is deeper than politics.

Edited by kafka

Psalm 125 is an expression of the first part of the Tribulation.

{125:1} A Canticle in steps. When the Lord turned back the captivity of Zion, we became like those who are consoled.

The Canticle in steps were sung on the pilgrims journey to Jerusalem for the feast days such as the Passover. In steps expresses the ascent of the pilgrims from various lower locations to Jerusalem which is located in the Judean Mountains. Similar during the first part of the Tribulation. The Church will ascend from the very dire state She is presently in to a high level of holiness, wisdom and glory by the time of the Era of Peace. The Gospel will be lived by the Church on a whole new level and so it will be proclaimed anew to the entire world during the Era of Peace.

The captivity of Babylon is a fitting metaphor for the first part of the Tribulation. The Church will undergo a figurative and in some cases literal captivity by her enemies in various forms such as the European Catholic persecution of the extremist Arabs during the occupation. However there will be many other sufferings, troubles, problems for the Church and the world. Yet after the last event of the first part of the Tribulation God will turn back the captivity and the consolation for the Church will be unprecendented in history as is expressed in verse 2 & 3

{125:2} Then our mouth was filled with gladness and our tongue with exultation. Then they will say among the nations: “The Lord has done great things for them.”
{125:3} The Lord has done great things for us. We have become joyful.

{125:4} Convert our captivity, O Lord, like a torrent in the south.
{125:5} Those who sow in tears shall reap in exultation.

The first event of the first part of the Tribulation is a day of sorrow, mourning, wailing and lamenting over personal sins and the sins of humanity, however many, very many good seeds will be sown that day in the hearts of men. These good seeds will develop and mature amidst the sufferings so that by the end of the first part of the Tribulation these same seeds will flourish and with the help of God, reap the Era of Peace!

{125:6} When departing, they went forth and wept, sowing their seeds.
{125:7} But when returning, they will arrive with exultation, carrying their sheaves.

Edited by kafka

I am going to start a criticism on the wikipedia article concerning the great Catholic monarch. Wikipedia has some good articles, yet the articles concerning more obscure subjects or matters of the Catholic Faith are usually bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Catholic_Monarch

Here is the Introduction from Wiki:
"The Great Catholic Monarch, also referred to as the Great Monarch, is a concept that has or had a certain place in unofficial Roman Catholic eschatology, mainly as a French monarchist variant of the medieval theme of the Last Roman Emperor."

My comments:
The great Catholic monarch is not a 'concept' rather he is a figure meaning a character or personage, esp. one of distinction, predicted in Divine Revelation (specifically Sacred Scripture) as well as private revelation of Catholic Saints and Mystics. His place in Catholic eschatology has often been unclear and a matter of speculation to the Faithful as the various private revelations concerning him have been handed down through space and time. Consequently various groups of the Faithful in various places and at various times have adopted this eschatological figure of the great Catholic monarch into their religious or political outlook be it monarchist or ultra-montanist or folk legened, etc.

However the truth concerning him is not determined by these local and spacial speculations rather it is a revelation from God (public and/or private). And so this figure is 'officially' a part of Catholic teaching in a material way, yet of course not in a formal way. There are no Magisterial definitions concerning the great Catholic monarch and I am sure that there never will be, yet he is expressed in Divine Revelation and of course private revelation. And so this figure is material Catholic teaching of Catholic speculative eschatology as is being informally practiced (by me) in this thread.

Edited by kafka

from Wiki:

"The Great Catholic Monarch also has a counter-revolutionary or restorationist character. He is said to be a future king of a re-united Holy Roman Empire, who will restore the European catholic royalty in the West, destroy the power of heretics and atheistic rebels, and successfully convert many muslims and jews to the Christian Catholic Faith."

My comments:

The counter-revolutionary or restorationist character has been posited by Catholics of a different era. It is true that he is a direct descendent of European Catholic royalty however his sudden rise to prominence will not be counter-revolutionary or restorationist. His rise is providential. He will start out very low and humble according to the situation of his exile due to WWIII and the consequent occupation of the Arabs. His rise is the will, grace and providence of God in the midst of the first part of the Tribulation where the Church and the world will be faced with many sufferings, problems, troubles, persecutions, evils, etc. His rise is marked out by God. Bloodlines and monarchies, etc. are the last things on everyone's mind when the Allied Nations are faced with the decision to plan and wage an all out nuclear war on the Arabs for the sake of saving a large part of humanity.

There is a sense of irony in that this man is descended from a line of 'has-been' rulers of Europe will be so favored by God that he will replace the present democratic European leaders who ultimately came from political movements who in many cases took power by means of violence and various injustices. This irony is clear from the Oracle on the Valley of Vision (Chapter 22) from the prophecy of Isaiah (post 71 in this thread). There is also a sense that he is the rightful ruler of many lands he will take back in WWIV such as Jerusalem, since his House holds the titular King of Jerusalem.

Ultimately, after the first part of the Tribulation he is crowned by the Angelic Shepherd, the holy pope of that time, who will exercise his temporal authority over the world by virtue of his office as successor of Peter who recieved this authority directly from Christ. This crowning will be supported by all those who survive the first part of the Tribulation, so in a sense it is also democratic. The reign of the great Catholic monarch is a gift of God, not the fruit of a counter-revolutionary or restorationist movement. Titles, bloodlines, etc. in and of themselves mean nothing to God.

He will not destroy heretics and atheistic rebels. He together with the Allies will destory the extremist Arab empire occupying all of Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. His subsequent reign over the Middle East and North Africa will be the occasion of many conversions of Jews and Muslims, since He will bring with him the Catholic Faith and the Gospel will be preached anew to the entire world during the Era of Peace which coincides with his reign.

Edited by kafka

• 2 weeks later...

{42:9} The things that were first, behold, they have arrived. And I also announce what is new. Before these things arise, I will cause you to hear about them.

just wanted to check in.

Had a few minutes borrowed to me on the internet today. The Tribulation may begin next week with the first preparation event. We will see and if I get confirmation I will post it here beforehand. Good Friday is the prospective day it would begin, though I obviously havent been focusing on that in this thread.

The Tribulation is much more than what I have been able to cover here.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='kafka' date='27 March 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1269720761' post='2081478']
{42:9} The things that were first, behold, they have arrived. And I also announce what is new. Before these things arise, I will cause you to hear about them.

just wanted to check in.

Had a few minutes borrowed to me on the internet today. The Tribulation may begin next week with the first preparation event. We will see and if I get confirmation I will post it here beforehand. Good Friday is the prospective day it would begin, though I obviously havent been focusing on that in this thread.

The Tribulation is much more than what I have been able to cover here.
[/quote]
What specifically are you looking for next week that will confirm this in your own mind?

infinitelord1

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='27 March 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1269722078' post='2081502']
What specifically are you looking for next week that will confirm this in your own mind?
[/quote]

yeah kafka...why dont you tell us before it is supposed to happen...that way you cant just take an event that happened and call it the begginning of the tribulation... :lol_roll:

I always thought these "great monarch" prophecies to be a little silly. I think the first its ever been mentioned was in the years following the Arab invasions of the Eastern Empire when a lot of apocalyptic literature started appearing, making claims about how a great Roman Emperor would come reestablish the Empire's boundaries and bring about an era of peace before the end of the world began. Admittedly, it sounds pretty cool (maybe would make a nice semi-historical fiction?) but its not a prophecy. These "great monarch" prophecies are just a form of escapism.

[quote name='Formosus' date='27 March 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1269757638' post='2081880']
I always thought these "great monarch" prophecies to be a little silly. I think the first its ever been mentioned was in the years following the Arab invasions of the Eastern Empire when a lot of apocalyptic literature started appearing, making claims about how a great Roman Emperor would come reestablish the Empire's boundaries and bring about an era of peace before the end of the world began. Admittedly, it sounds pretty cool (maybe would make a nice semi-historical fiction?) but its not a prophecy. These "great monarch" prophecies are just a form of escapism.
[/quote]

I'll keep an open mind on the "great monarch" prophecies, though at this point in time they do seem far fetched. Though there does seem to be a hint of the same in the authentic La Salette secrets that Rene Laurentin and Michel DeCorteville published in their book "Decouverte du secret de la Salette" in 2002. From Melanie Mathieu's secret:

"A great king will go up on the throne, and will reign a few years. Religion will re-flourish and spread all over the world, and there will be a great abundance, the world, glad not to be lacking nothing, will fall again in its disorders, will give up God, and will be prone to its criminal passions."

S.

Edited by Skinzo

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='27 March 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1269722078' post='2081502']
[/quote]

You would want to hit confession by thursday

[quote name='hot stuff' date='28 March 2010 - 06:31 AM' timestamp='1269793899' post='2081983']
You would want to hit confession by thursday
[/quote]

I think he is referring to people like Ron Conte who claim the "Warning" announced at Garabandal (which is still not approved by the Church) is going to happen on this coming Good Friday, April 2.

[quote name='Skinzo' date='28 March 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1269783086' post='2081916']
I'll keep an open mind on the "great monarch" prophecies, though at this point in time they do seem far fetched. Though there does seem to be a hint of the same in the authentic La Salette secrets that Rene Laurentin and Michel DeCorteville published in their book "Decouverte du secret de la Salette" in 2002. From Melanie Mathieu's secret:

"A great king will go up on the throne, and will reign a few years. Religion will re-flourish and spread all over the world, and there will be a great abundance, the world, glad not to be lacking nothing, will fall again in its disorders, will give up God, and will be prone to its criminal passions."

S.
[/quote]

I won't lie, I would like them to be true in some sense, but I still hold that the prophecies are a bit silly (or far fetched if you would prefer : p). As an easterner though, I think I will stick with the original formulation though, as a glorious restoration of a Christian Empire based in Constantinople :D (see when you say it that way it sounds silly right?).

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Formosus' date='28 March 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1269818397' post='2082250']
I won't lie, I would like them to be true in some sense, but I still hold that the prophecies are a bit silly (or far fetched if you would prefer : p). As an easterner though, I think I will stick with the original formulation though, as a glorious restoration of a Christian Empire based in Constantinople :D (see when you say it that way it sounds silly right?).
[/quote]
:idontknow:
If it's Tradition, then I'm behind you 110%.