An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

[quote name='Socrates' date='09 March 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1268171980' post='2069777']
Correct me if I'm wrong, but given the record of his "future history" of the past several years (now quietly removed from his site), he hasn't been right about [i]anything[/i]. I'd feel safe in assuming his predictions for 2010 and the coming years will prove equally off-target.
What's sad is that apparently some people still feel compelled to follow his foolishness.
[/quote]
he was right about Pope Benedict's name, but most of his stuff doesnt start until into 10's anyway. That earlier stuff wasnt substantial.

[quote name='Innocent' date='10 March 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1268204594' post='2070180']
Another of Mr. Conte's projects is a Public Domain English Translation of the Clementine Vulgate which he completed recently. There was a thread on that some time ago. ([url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=93591"]LINK[/url])

I wish he had taken efforts to obtain an Imprimatur. That way we would have a new Vulgate translation in the public domain that we can use without any hesitation, no matter whether we agreed with his eschatological theses or not.
[/quote]
I forgot why he decided to do that. I'm sure the Holy See will come to terms with it eventually. I do know that he did use the sound translation principles recommended by the Holy See and that it is more faithful to these than other modern translations. I would use the old douey but his is simply better in the least that the english is updated. So be it.

I know he has a conscience and that he is operating with all these things in mind, so I respect that. He is of course unique, no doubt about that.

Edited by kafka

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' date='10 March 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1268252988' post='2070471']
I forgot why he decided to do that. I'm sure the Holy See will come to terms with it eventually. I do know that he did use the sound translation principles recommended by the Holy See and that it is more faithful to these than other modern translations. I would use the old douey but his is simply better in the least that the english is updated. So be it.

I know he has a conscience and that he is operating with all these things in mind, so I respect that. He is of course unique, no doubt about that.
[/quote]
Wouldn't it be more important that he comes to terms with the Holy See?

And Nilly I agree with you about Rahner.

Back to the great Catholic monarch. Any questions, comments, etc.? I will be sort of on and off the phorum the next few months until I get my internet situation fixed. I think this whole conception I have been presenting of the great Catholic monarch and his kingdom is a bit different than for example Desmond Birch's from what I gather from reviews about his book, etc.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='kafka' date='14 March 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1268599800' post='2073087']
Back to the great Catholic monarch. Any questions, comments, etc.? I will be sort of on and off the phorum the next few months until I get my internet situation fixed. I think this whole conception I have been presenting of the great Catholic monarch and his kingdom is a bit different than for example Desmond Birch's from what I gather from reviews about his book, etc.
[/quote]
You should read it. :) Even if you don't agree with him, it's still an extremely well researched text and you could never go wrong by examining his evidence and conclusions.

{26:1} The psalm of David before he was anointed. The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?

My understanding is that Psalm 26 in one level refers to WWIV. Some of the Psalms are in my view prayers of the Church during the Tribulation, both the lesser and greater part or first and second part.

'before he was anointed' could also be translated 'before he was sealed.' I interpret the seal of the Faithful from the Revelation of John to be a literal seal which many (perhaps millions) of the Faithful will recieve as a special gift from God either during or right after WWIV. Zlatko Sudac who I think is the Angelic Shepherd is the only one pre-sealed. He received a cross upon his forehead in 1999 then he received the stigmata upon his hands, feets and side like Saint Francis and Padre Pio.

The seal of Revelation is a special gift to assist the Church in passing through the last and most severe phase of the first part of the Tribulation. I think Saint Francis Paola alluded to this in his private prophecy:

"The founder of these holy men shall, my lord, be one of your posterity. But when shall this take place? When crosses with the stigmas shall be seen, and the crucifix shall be carried as the standard."

The seal is a stigma upon the Faithful's forehead. It will take the form of the Cross for many however there will be other symbols perhaps 'IHS' since each soul is unique. The great Catholic monarch will be sealed, implicit in the title of Psalm 26. This is his anointing, perhaps he will bear a unique seal (such as a lion) symbolizing his vocation as king of the lands won back in WWIV. It is through the prayer of the Angelic Shepherd that everyone throughout the world will sealed. Everyone who God has chosen to receive this special gift (not of course literally all the inhabitants of the earth).

I recommend reading the seventh chapter of Revelation.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' date='14 March 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1268599800' post='2073087']
[/quote]
Desmond's book is the basis of the Endtimes series he presented on EWTN.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='14 March 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1268621421' post='2073280']
Desmond's book is the basis of the Endtimes series he presented on EWTN.
[/quote]
never seen it.

The first section of the first book of Maccabees is an implicit reference to the great Catholic monarch.

[1 Maccabees 1]
{1:1} And it happened afterwards that Alexander, the son of Philip the Macedonian, who first reigned in Greece having come from the land of Kittim, struck Darius the king of the Persians and the Medes.

Like Cyrus, Alexander the Great is in my view a pagan foreshadowing of the great Catholic monarch. Darius is a foreshadowing of the great Arab king of Iran and Iraq.

Though Alexander was not great in a religious sense, on the contrary he did some very bad things, yet there is a parallel between him and the great Catholic monarch. Alexander conquered a large portion of the world at the relatively young age of thirty or so, including parts of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Similarily the great Catholic monarch will win back an even larger portion of the world from the Arabs including all of Europe, the Middle East and North Africa to the equator by the time he reaches the age of forty.

Another parallel is that Alexander brought with him Greek culture into the Middle East and Africa. In like manner the coming of the great Catholic monarch will bring the Catholic Faith and the Gospel preached anew to Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.

It is interesting. The major battle between Alexander and Darius called the Battle of Gaugamela or of Arbela is truly a foreshadowing of World War IV. Alexander's invading Macedonian army was outnumbered in a foreign land. The odds of them defeating the Persian Army were very bad. Yet they won after some outstanding manuevors/strategies by Alexander's cavalry as well as some gritty and daring fighting on the part of his men. After this victory the Persian empire fell.

Similar with the great Catholic monarch and the Allies. They will be outnumbered, outmatched, etc. invading a vast enemy spread out over three continents. Yet they will call upon the Blessed Virgin Mary and place their trust in God. And they will win.

{1:2} He appointed many battles, and he took hold of all the fortifications, and he executed the kings of the earth.
{1:3} And he passed through even to the ends of the earth. And he received the spoils of many nations. And the earth was silenced in his sight.

everyone will be in awe of the great Catholic monarch after his great deeds of WWIV. People will know that God has favored him.

{1:4} And he gathered together power, and an exceedingly strong army. And he was exalted, and his heart was lifted up.

Alexander's heart is lifted up in arrogance. The great Catholic monarch's heart is lifted up in prayer. His army will be strong because they place their trust in God like in the Psalms:

"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will call upon the name of the Lord our God. They have been bound, and they have fallen. But we have risen up, and we have been set upright. O Lord, save the king, and hear us on the day that we will call upon you."

{1:8} And Alexander reigned twelve years, and then he died.
{1:9} And his servants obtained his kingdom, each one in his place.
{1:10} And they all put diadems on themselves after his death, and their sons after them, for many years; and evils were multiplied on the earth.

I'm not sure how long the great Catholic monarch will reign. The Era of Peace according to Our Lady of La Salette lasts about 25 years, so perhaps his reign will be about the same amount of time. After the GCM's death his kingdom is divided into four lesser kingdoms. The North kingdom will be Europe, this is the first kingdom Antichrist will take hundreds of years after the GCM. The South kingdom will be Middle East, including Israel, Syria, Egypt, and perhaps Arabia, this is the kingdom where Antichrist will be born (in Syria). The West kingdom is North Africa beyond Egypt. The East kingdom is Iran and Iraq.

And as time passes evil will begin to multiply again leading up to the reign of the ten kings over the entire earth and rise and reign of Antichrist.

Edited by kafka

cmotherofpirl

Don't you think you should start with the Catholic teachings on the Endtimes and go from there?
http://www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=7043

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='15 March 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1268677191' post='2073545']
Don't you think you should start with the Catholic teachings on the Endtimes and go from there?
http://www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=7043
[/quote]
not a big fan of EWTN.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' date='15 March 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1268677534' post='2073547']
not a big fan of EWTN.
[/quote]
So thats a reason to not listen to catholic teaching on the Endtimes?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='15 March 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1268677767' post='2073549']
So thats a reason to not listen to catholic teaching on the Endtimes?
[/quote]
I dont like your condescending attitude.

Edited by kafka

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' date='15 March 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1268677831' post='2073551']
I dont like your condescending attitude.
[/quote]
Yes its easier to say that than actually answer my question isn't it...