An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

I know some people look down on sharing that sort of thing, so I appreciate it and know how you feel to be touched in some strange way. So, I would judge that those were special graces of God working in you, although I would like to add that it is my understanding that the comet is one of the last events of the first part of the Tribulation after WWIV. It falls to the earth in three phases. It is predicted in Scripture (Revelation and even the Psalms perhaps other places too) and in the private revelations of the saints and mystics. Conte writes a lot about this event in his book, "The Bible and the Future of the World."

Edited by kafka

infinitelord1

[quote name='kafka' date='08 March 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1268073159' post='2068915']
Here is the way I look at it. The earthquakes and all the movements in history such as the development of nuclear weapons in Iran are not the sure-tail sign that the Tribulation is about to fall on us. It is much deeper. This is a work that God has been planning for a long time now, and it seems all the elements predicted in Sacred Scripture are falling into place, such as the birth of the great Catholic monarch just to name one.

What made me realize that the Tribulation was about to fall upon us before I started to study the End Times in any detail is quite simply the truth that the Church and the world is more evil today than in any other time in history. This is something I cannot just prove to anyone. It is a deep sense based on a lot of long musings and penetration into themes and elements spanning all of salvation history. I can point certain signs such as the absurd complexity in the world. The overwhelming evil of abortion. The loss of Faith in the Eucharist. The decline of Christian civilization in Europe. The moral apathy. The disruption and disorder common in the modern family structure. But it is also a lot of little things. I remember a couple of years ago I watched this dubbed cassette tape of a show I taped in the early 90's. What struck me about it was the commercials. Even in the early 90's people in general were more innocent, simple, naive in a good way. In short there was still this trace of goodness. I dont see this today. It is about the trends. The deep things one cannot quite put one's finger on.

And then I realized that if God truly loves the Church and the world, he simply must get involved in an extra-ordinary way, since we are beyond all human help. We have turned away from all the ordinary help God has offered us. We have cut ourselves off from the reality God has created for us and have set up this pseudo-reality cut off from the past and mindless of the future. Like we are stuck in a time-warp waiting for God to stoop down and pull us out of it. I think a lot of people have a sense of this however without the fullness of Catholic teaching it is difficult to figure out. Consequently, we have all these end time fads going around.

And this I think is exactly what He will do when He initiates His End Times. Reboot history. The Tribulation is not some subtle sequence of events. It will be astonishing. Everyone will in some way be perplexed. Everyone astounded. Once it begins there is no turning back. The Church and the world will never be the same. Never. Institutions, organizations, families, etc. will continue to be however there will be a substantial change. It is God's new and special work leading to the fullness of the Kingdom of Heaven. This is how our early ancestors in the Faith viewed the End Times, like the apostle Jude in his Epistle. It is a time set apart from ordinary salvation history. It redirects the Church and the world to the supreme event of Christ's Second Coming and beyond that to the general resurrection, the general judgment and ultimately the creation of the New Heaven and the New Earth. This is why I really like Avery Dulles' little passage from his "Models of the Church"

"The final coming of the Kingdom, I believe, will be the work of God, dependent on his initiative. But it seems likely that, as Rahner suggests, the parousia will not occur until human effort,"has gone to its very limits and so is burst open by salvation from above by developing its own powers." The coming of the Kingdom will not be the destruction but the fulfillment of the Church. More than this, it will be the future of the world, insofar as God's gracious power is at work far beyond the horizons of the institutional Church. The final consummation will transcend the dichotomy between the Church and world. The glorious, triumphant Church will be indivisibly united with the renewed cosmos, "the new heavens and the new earth" foreseen by the prophets. And the triumph will not be that of a Church resting on its own laurels, but that of Christ who triumphs in his Church in spite of the weaknesses and sinfulness of men."

The study of the End Times all started for me a few years ago when I woke up one morning and had this strange premonition that the great Catholic monarch is alive and that I must study and find out for myself if this is true. And now I think it is true. At this point I am very confident that God is about to begin to accomplish some things that the prophets, the Saints, and mystics have been predicting for hundreds and thousands of years. As you can see I am very invested in this way of thinking. I may be wrong, but that is upon me. Remember this is a lot of my speculative thinking.
[/quote]

What makes you think the Great Catholic Monarch is alive? Who is he?

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='09 March 2010 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1268116260' post='2069462']
What makes you think the Great Catholic Monarch is alive? Who is he?
[/quote]
I have been sort of moving in that direction in the previous posts, though I am never going to make it explicit here in this thread. I have a few more posts planned and then that is it, people can draw their own conclusions, and read other available books.

The events and figures of the Tribulation as well as the Church's prayer, feelings and thoughts in the midst of the Tribulation are expressed throughout the Book of Psalms. The Psalms entitled 'of Asaph' are unique in that they all refer to the Tribulation in a special way. Here are some of my interpretations and understandings of miscallaneous passages of the Psalms which concern the themes I took up in this thread.

Psalm 71

A Psalm according to Solomon

My understanding is that this Psalm is a threefold expression. On the first explicit/historical level it obviously refers to King Solomon and his kingdom which reached a pinnacle during his reign. On the second implicit level this psalm refers to the great Catholic monarch and his kingdom which reaches an even higher pinnacle of holiness, wisdom and peace after the first part of the Tribulation in the period called the Era of Peace. On the full level of meaning these verses refer to the King of kings Jesus Christ and His Return when he establishes the Kingdom of God in its full degree, or full leavening. We pray for this and anticipate this everyday in the Our Father: Thy kingdom come. . . on earth as it is in Heaven.

{71:4} He will judge the poor of the people, and he will bring salvation to the sons of the poor. And he will humble the false accuser.

The false accuser is the great Arab king. He will be humbled by the great Catholic monarch and the Allies when they wage WWIV and prevail. The poor and sons of the poor are the Catholic Christians under persecution in occupied Europe, Middle East and North Africa. Millions will be martyred during the occupation and this horrific injustice will in fact bring the judgment and rescue of the great Catholic monarch and the Allies.

During the reign of antichrist Catholic will be persecuted and martyred throughout the entire earth. And so antichrist is the false accuser on this deeper level of meaning, and Jesus is the one who humbles him and saves the Catholic in the event of his Second Coming.

{71:5} And he will remain, with the sun and before the moon, from generation to generation.

This refers to the sainthood of the great Catholic monarch. To remain with the sun and before the moon is to be forever in Heaven with Jesus and Mary. Jesus is the Sun of Justice and Mary is the moon since she is the brightest and most perfect reflection of the Jesus.

{71:7} In his days, justice will rise like the sun, with abundance of peace, until the moon is taken away.

This verse refers to the Era of Peace. The moon taken away is a hyperbole meaning until the end of time, yet it is more than a hyperbole. It in fact is a description of the New Earth which the new creation and a new period of time. On the New Earth there will be an Eternal Day, since the Presence of the Lord lights up the entire New Earth in some miraculous way. Consequently there will be no more night as described by John in Revelation and the moon will no longer be visible.

{71:8} And he will rule from sea to sea and from the river to the limits of the whole world.
{71:9} In his sight, the Ethiopians will fall prostrate, and his enemies will lick the ground.
{71:10} The kings of Tarshish and the islands will offer gifts. The kings of Arabia and of Seba will bring gifts.

Solomon's kingdom did not stretch out to these boundaries, and yet these is not a mere poetic expression. In my view the Holy Spirit is in an implicit manner summarizing the limits of the great Catholic monarch's kingdom. The two seas are the Indian and Atlantic Oceans. The River is the Euphrates. Ethiopians symbolize northern Africa, Arabia and Seba represent the Middle East. In Biblical times Tarshish was used to describe different things such as a far away place or the sea. A modern scholar J.H. Hertz identified it as Tartessos, Spain. Other scholars have speculated it may have been Britian, or some kingdom in Europe. In this verse and context I believe it symbolizes the continent of Europe. After the sufferings of the first part of the Tribulation come to an end, the great Catholic monarch will be made king of all these lands by the Angelic Shepherd.

{71:11} And all the kings of the earth shall adore him. All nations will serve him.
{71:12} For he will free the poor from the powerful, and the poor one who has no helper.
{71:13} He will spare the poor and the indigent, and he will bring salvation to the souls of the poor.
{71:14} He will redeem their souls from usuries and from iniquity, and their names shall be honorable in his sight.

Kings and nations of the earth pay adoration to Christ. Again this verse emphasizes a time in the future where He will rescue His Faithful who are referred to as the poor, from the reign and influence of Antichrist, and his people. Notice how God also refers to the Faithful as indigent. This gives us a clue on how the Faithful will fair during the second part of the Tribulation. The world will be so evil that in order to live a moral life, they will not even be able to buy, sell, and take up certain professions. Thus they will tend to lack the necessities of life. There is also a state of spiritual indigence where one acknowledges he cannot accomplish any truly good works apart from the grace of God.

The great monarch will not be king of the whole earth as Christ is, yet other leaders will show deference toward him and the world will be influenced by him for a time, since with the help of allied nations he will be victorious over the Arabs in the most glorious and terrifying wars the world will ever have experienced. He will rescue the Christians from the Great Marytrdom brought on by the Arab occupation. And he will build up his new kingdom and assist with the Gospel being preached anew throughout the entire earth:

"And this Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached throughout the entire world, as a testimony to all nations. And then the consummation will occur." (Matthew 24: 14)

{71:15} And he will live, and to him will be given from the gold of Arabia, and by him they will always adore. They will bless him all day long.

The riches from the mainland of Arabia will be brought to the great Catholic monarch to assist with the building of the new basilica in Jerusalem. So by the good works of the great Catholic monarch and his people all will be able to adore God in Jerusalem in peace.

{71:16} And there will be a firmament on earth, at the summits of mountains: its fruits will be extolled above Lebanon, and those of the city will flourish like the grass of the earth.

Firmament comes from the Latin "firmamentum," meaning a support or strengthening. So this refers to the time after the first part of the Tribulation where the Church will spread throughout the world and advance as a stronghold or a wide expanse. In Isaiah is it expressed "Let the islands be silent before me, and let the nations take new strength." Firmament has also come to mean sky or vault of heaven, so perhaps it is referring to the general peace in the Church and world; sort of like what we might think of as time of Heaven on earth.

During the time this psalm was written Lebanon was prized for its forests providing some of the finest wood offered. During the reign of the great monarch works of mercy and prayer will be praised higher than anything the world has to offer. The flourishing city refers to the Church and the increase in wisdom, holiness, and strength as well as number of converts. It also refers to the city of Jerusalem. People from all over the earth who survived the first part of the Tribulation will move to the Holy Land and fill up the surrounding area of Jerusalem such as Lebanon in long cluster of suburbs.

Edited by kafka

[quote name='kafka' date='08 March 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1268079132' post='2069008']
I know some people look down on sharing that sort of thing, so I appreciate it and know how you feel to be touched in some strange way. So, I would judge that those were special graces of God working in you, although I would like to add that it is my understanding that the comet is one of the last events of the first part of the Tribulation after WWIV. It falls to the earth in three phases. It is predicted in Scripture (Revelation and even the Psalms perhaps other places too) and in the private revelations of the saints and mystics. Conte writes a lot about this event in his book, "The Bible and the Future of the World."
[/quote]
Yep, according to the amazing Conte, who remarkably predicted the current pro-life presidency of Hillary Clinton, among many other wonders, 2010 promises to be yet another thrill-packed year of excitement and wonders:

[url="http://www.catholicplanet.com/future/map1.htm"]FutureMap 1[/url]
a detailed overview of the future from 2010 to 2040 A.D.

In the year 2010 A.D.

* April 2nd, 2010 (Good Friday), the Day of Repentance = the Warning of Garabandal = the First Secret of Medjugorje
* April 4th, 2010 (Easter Sunday), the Day of Consolation = the Second Secret of Medjugorje
* May 13th, 2010 (Ascension Thursday), the Day of Healing = the Miracle of Garabandal = the Third Secret of Medjugorje
* It is a year of great success for the prolife cause
* Pope Benedict XVI suggests building three places in Jerusalem, a Temple, a Church, and a Mosque, so that the three religions, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, can worship in peace in the City of Peace. (But it does not happen soon; instead there is war.)
* The Jews decide to build the Third Temple of Jerusalem
* There is war, insurrection, and coups among the Arab/Muslim nations of the Middle East and northern Africa. Extremist leaders fight against more moderate leaders, and the extremists win. If they cannot win by coups and insurrections, then one Arab nation attacks another in outright war.
* The war and the insurrections and coups end within the same year that they began. Then the leader of Iran and the leader of Iraq will have much power and influence over the other Arab/Muslim nations, all of which will be led by extremists.
* the holy Pope Benedict XVI dies.
* the holy Pope called 'Peter the Roman' by St. Malachy is elected. I think that he will be Cardinal Arinze and that he will take the name Pope Pius XIII.

* New York City will be struck by a nuclear bomb (not a missile; not a dirty bomb) sometime between June 1, 2010 and Dec 31, 2010, inclusive
You will make them like an oven of fire, in the time of your presence.
The Lord will stir them up with his wrath, and fire will devour them.
* World War 3 begins as a result of the nuclear attack on New York City
* World War 3 is the first horseman of the apocalypse and the first of the Seven Seals.
* World War 3 is a war in which the Arab/Muslim nations of the Middle East and northern Africa invade and conquer all of Europe, parts of Eastern Europe, parts of Scandinavia, and the northern part of Africa above the equator.
* The Arab forces will be unstoppable, except that they can be held above the equator.
* To the soldiers who will fight for the Allies in World War 3, I tell you sincerely:
The Arab forces can be stopped above the equator in Africa.

(Too bad all Conte's remarkable predictions for 2007-2009 have been removed from the website.)

Conte is in no way is going to be right about everything. As a matter of fact this will most likely cause a lot of problems for him with the Faithful, lay and clergy alike, even with the leaders, since he will be alternately right and wrong about things, however I think his foundation insights are sound, since his eschatology is much more than dates, much more if you bother to study him.

I dont pay much attention to dates as you can see throughout my thread. I do not need them. Yet at the same time they may be useful. The mystic Werdin d'Otrante and Saint Bridget both predicted specific years for events to happen:

I posted this earlier in this thread, but now let me add a little:

Werdin d'Otrante (13th cent.) All I know about his is that he was a French abbot.

"The Great Monarch and the Great Pope will precede Antichrist."

There is distinction in the Tribulation namely a first part and a second part. Antichrist is not in the world today and will not come until long after the reign of the Great Monarch in the Era of Peace.

"The nations will be in wars for four years and a great part of the world will be destroyed. All the sects will vanish. The capital of the world will fall. The Pope will go over the sea carrying the sign of redemption on his forehead, and after the victory of the Pope and the Great Monarch peace will reign on earth."

WWIV will last about four years and end when the great Catholic monarch is forty years of age. A great part of the world will be destroyed because WWIV is an all out nuclear war between the Allies and the extremist Muslim nation occupying Europe. After the war the Angelic Shepherd will cross the Atlantic back into Europe. The sign of redemption on his forehead is the seal written of by Saint John the Apostle in the Book of Revelation. Fr. Zlatko Sudac is the only one I know of that is presealed. He first received the stigmata in the form of a cross upon his forehead in May of 1999 a week after the beautification of Padre Pio. Then on the feast day of Saint Francis of Assisi October 4th of 2000 he received the gift of the stigmata on his wrists, side and feet.

"The Pope will cross the sea in a year when the Feast of St. George [April 23rd] falls on Good Friday, and St. Mark's feast [April 25th] falls on Easter Sunday, and the feast of St. Anthony [June 13th] falls on Pentecost and the feast of St. John the Baptist [June 24th] falls on Corpus Christi"

The merging of these feast days occurs next in the year 2038. So that would put WWIV in the preceding four years starting in 2033 or 2034. Saint Caesar of Arles specifically predicted that the great Catholic monarch would be at war until he reaches the age of 40. So working back he would have to be born in 1997 or 98. Yet is there Scriptural support? Conte did figure this out in Daniel yet that is for people to read in his book.

Now I noticed in the Psalms:

{20:4} For you have gone ahead of him with blessings of sweetness. You have placed a crown of precious stones on his head.

It is clear to me that this refers to the crowning of the great Catholic monarch by the Angelic Shepherd (Fr. Sudacs in my opinion). In my uneducated, unqualified, and very rustic view the chapter and verse is a providential hint to the year 2040 or perhaps the early 2040s when the great Catholic monarch is crowned during the Era of Peace.

I came up with these things on my own, and I still have a lot more so it seems to me that Conte is clearly on to something, yet he will remain controversial and looked down upon by some of the Faithful for a long time. So be it.

Edited by kafka

I think that this is my last post in this thread and maybe for a while on the phorum. I am probably not going to be able to be on the internet for the next few weeks or so, something in my own little world came up.

Grace and Peace to you!

[quote name='kafka' date='09 March 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1268162440' post='2069643']
Conte is in no way is going to be right about everything.
[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but given the record of his "future history" of the past several years (now quietly removed from his site), he hasn't been right about [i]anything[/i]. I'd feel safe in assuming his predictions for 2010 and the coming years will prove equally off-target.
What's sad is that apparently some people still feel compelled to follow his foolishness.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Socrates' date='09 March 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1268171980' post='2069777']
Correct me if I'm wrong, but given the record of his "future history" of the past several years (now quietly removed from his site), he hasn't been right about [i]anything[/i]. I'd feel safe in assuming his predictions for 2010 and the coming years will prove equally off-target.
What's sad is that apparently some people still feel compelled to follow his foolishness.
[/quote]

how accurate was this Conte guy anyways? did he make a lot of false predictions?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='09 March 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1268199099' post='2070113']
how accurate was this Conte guy anyways? did he make a lot of false predictions?
[/quote]
In my personal, and admittedly not entirely informed opinion, he seems like a bit of an oddball. I'd recommend going to his website and reading some things he's written.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='10 March 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1268199099' post='2070113']
[/quote]

Another of Mr. Conte's projects is a Public Domain English Translation of the Clementine Vulgate which he completed recently. There was a thread on that some time ago. ([url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=93591"]LINK[/url])

Unfortunately Mr. Conte consciously decided to ignore the Canon Law requirement (and explicitly stated his intention to do so) that he obtain an Imprimatur before publishing it. That's why the links to that project were removed from that thread in accordance with Phatmass policy of fidelity to the Holy See.

In fact I think that it is this same translation that Kafka has been using throughout this thread. It's easy to identify since that text in that translation had all the verse numbers inside braces just as the ones in the Bible texts Kafka posts.

I wish he had taken efforts to obtain an Imprimatur. That way we would have a new Vulgate translation in the public domain that we can use without any hesitation, no matter whether we agreed with his eschatological theses or not.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='10 March 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1268199099' post='2070113']
[/quote]
Yes, to put it mildly. I'm not sure when he started his "future timeline," but he has a highly detailed year-by-year set of predictions which has been up since I first looked at it a couple years ago. He removes the predictions for the year from the site once that year is over. None of his predictions for 2008 or 2009 came true. (He predicted, among other things, that Hillary Clinton would win the 2008 election, and that she would become a great pro-life president.)

The guys either a complete loony or a complete sham, or both.

[quote name='Winchester' date='10 March 2010 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1268240002' post='2070358']
I thought real prophets were never wrong.
[/quote]
You've been seduced by the Catholic Answers/Scott Hahn phonies.
Do not question the wisdom of The Amazing Conte!

in my humble opinion, he is a genius. He is not a prophet. He bases all his eschatological opinions/dates on his understanding/study of Scripture and private revelations, hence the early errors which havent affected his foundation. He has never recieved any private revelations of his own.

It is only right that people throw dirt on him, since he is original and has come up with deeper insights in droves. He needs to be tested, however the fact that I've seen so many people label him and treat him with open disdain is a bit disconcerting to me. All the more so since I doubt most people that do this have even read and studied his works. However I know how the Church works so this period is normal, although should be tempered with charity.

He is a faithful Catholic freely devoting his whole person to the gifts he has been given for the sake of the Church. He is generous and very open. And noble. He helped me overcome all the damage and errors the radical traditionalists did to me with his Magisterium articles and other works. He is just as 'orthodox' as anyone here.

He just finished an 800 page book on moral theology which I know will be a masterpiece since he has been teaching moral theology for years.

The final verdict on him will come in time, since the Church authorities will have to come to terms with his work. This might be controversial for a time, just like Lubac and Rahner and many other theologians in their days. So be it. In my mind he is one of the greatest now working now in his prime.

Edited by kafka