An Old School Catholic Message Board

Killing Us Softly

rayz

That's exactly why I eat in the crew room, Erin. If I go out to the lobby and eat, stupid high school guys or creepy old men bother me <_< I don't even wear makeup to work! It's not that awesome :rolleyes:

There is nothing empowering about being immodest.

dominicansoul

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='24 January 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1264373194' post='2043727']
So-called feminists of the modern age believe that dressing and acting in a sexually suggestive manner empowers them and gives them freedom of expression. They believe women can manipulate men in this way. Unfortunately, they are really enslaving themselves to lust and allowing men to manipulate THEM; not to mention, they are damaging the natural dignity every woman possesses. This is why many men publicly lust over women, even if they are dressed modestly. I work in a mall and this past week, a grown man literally stopped next to me, looked me up and down, and said "'sup baby?" Never mind that I was wearing a long, over-sized sweater. I gave him an absolutely disgusted look and walked away. Normally I give them a snide response and they shut up, but I was seriously taken aback. What gives someone the absolute nerve to behave like that in public?? Society has been telling this man that it's okay. Oh, not just society, but the confused "feminists" who think they're doing all of us women a favor. Um, no. My shift hadn't started yet and I was on the way to our lounge with my dinner. This is honestly why I bring my food back to our lounge, because sitting by myself in a restaurant or in the mall itself? Please, I might as well wear a sign on my forehead saying "harass me, please."
[/quote]
i am so sorry you experience this so much!

i agree, as much as I believe we need to re-educate women (and men) not to dress inappropriately, our society seems to be way beyond that...men (and women) are taught to objectify the opposite sex at earlier and earlier ages...

just look at sports...why all the scantily clad women cheering on the sideline? Is that really necessary? i look at cheerleaders and think...how stupid! Their whole behavior, moves, looks...all centered in turning themselves into sexual objects...they are not really there to cheer on the team...

I go to Spurs games all the time, and am absolutely disgusted with the "Silver Dancers." They walk around the arena before the game in their bra and underwear...(passed off as some sort of outfit...) and i wonder how the children at these sporting events are soaking it all in...

our shepherds in the Church need to attack this head on...I always believed that the way the Church goes, so goes the world...and again, i want to point out, that most young women I see at the campus Chapel do not dress modestly... at.all. and the priest needs to direct this...

Immodesty is not without liturgical consequence. I attended Christmas Midnight Mass at one of the less than orthodox parishes in my diocese where my Aunt leads choir. One of the 'Extraordinary' Ministers of Communion was a 25year old girl wearing a T-shirt that looked like this:
[img]http://www.motatshirt.co.uk/Images-T-shirts/On%20Santas%20naughty%20list%20and%20proud%20of%20it.gif[/img]
Except the Word "Naughty" was centered and 4 times bigger than the other words.

Cuz when I'm walking up to Communion I need to see the word "Naughty" written across the bosom of an attractive 20-something female. :annoyed:

Edited by Veridicus

dominicansoul

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 January 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1264373568' post='2043729']
:hehe:
[/quote]
:o

..and this is why the message isn't taken seriously enuff! <_<

...although I do agree, that t-shirt is completely inappropriate for Mass! :saint:

...and there is a whole skatin' culture out there that does seem to be quite diabolical...

Edited by dominicansoul

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='24 January 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1264374258' post='2043741']

...although I do agree, that t-shirt is completely inappropriate for Mass! :saint:

...and there is a whole skatin' culture out there that does seem to be quite diabolical...
[/quote]

Not just AT Mass...but as an Active Lay Minister at Mass.

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='24 January 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1264374258' post='2043741']

[/quote]
The funny thing is....... that article was written by an FSSP priest. Apparently this guy was wearing his SkATe'N t shirt to an EF mass. :lol:

dominicansoul

[quote name='Veridicus' date='24 January 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1264374417' post='2043744']
Not just AT Mass...but as an Active Lay Minister at Mass.
[/quote]
well...i honestly don't believe the young lady should even be giving out Holy Communion at Mass...

too much abuse of these so-called lay "ministers" of the Eucharist! And as for their inappropriate dress at Mass...I've seen more than what I've wanted to from many women approaching the Altar at Mass...

but that's a whole other debate...