Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teen Sells Virginity


Recommended Posts

HisChildForever
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1265147164' post='2049914']
And I suppose it wasn't uncharitably when another poster used the term "foul-minded ape of a man". I used the negative adjective precisely to draw attention to the double standard your post reveals. When a female poster calls men 'pigs' it goes unchallenged in many cases.
[/quote]

Read her post again, because she definitely did NOT call "men" pigs. She was referring to a certain class of men.

Edited by HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='02 February 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1265147212' post='2049915']
But when they arrive and see what kind of a party it is, why not leave? More importantly, why go to a private place with a man or woman who has every intention of seducing you?
[/quote]

Not all sexual immorality takes place behind closed doors. Some college parties can sour in horrible ways rather quickly.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='02 February 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1265147312' post='2049917']
Read her post again, because she definitely did NOT call "men" pigs. She was referring to a certain class of men.
[/quote]

Yes I know she was referring to only a certain class of men. I can read English. My point was that I was criticized for lack of charity for using the word 'slutty' to describe a specific class of women while no one on here other than me was willing to criticize a female poster for using derogatory terms about men. It's a double standard.

Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1265146108' post='2049891']
Anonymous posting really releases putrescence that would never reach the surface if the poster had to look someone in the eye or sign their name to it when they said it.


There are lots of good boys who think there is something wrong with porn. For some men, porn is like cigarettes.
[/quote]
Yes, and it saddens me to see what people really think.

I know, and I'm so happy with that. Those are the kind I like spending time with.

Ora et Labora
Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1265147164' post='2049914']
And I suppose it wasn't uncharitably when another poster used the term "foul-minded ape of a man". I used the negative adjective precisely to draw attention to the double standard your post reveals. When a female poster calls men 'pigs' it goes unchallenged in many cases.
[/quote]

And you assumed automatically that I saw that? Well, I didn't. :mellow: Chill. No one is against men. It goes both ways and that doesn't even need to be debated.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1265147365' post='2049918']
Not all sexual immorality takes place behind closed doors. Some college parties can sour in horrible ways rather quickly.
[/quote]

Which would be yet another reason why a decent man or woman would not linger at an immoral party.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1265147479' post='2049919']
Yes I know she was referring to only a certain class of men. I can read English. My point was that I was criticized for lack of charity for using the word 'slutty' to describe a specific class of women while no one on here other than me was willing to criticize a female poster for using derogatory terms about men. It's a double standard.
[/quote]

One person criticized you.
You criticized those of us who used derogatory terms about men.
I see no double standard here. There have been criticisms on both sides.

Posted

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='02 February 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1265147606' post='2049923']
And you assumed automatically that I saw that? Well, I didn't. :mellow: Chill. No one is against men. It goes both ways and that doesn't even need to be debated.
[/quote]

Yes I assumed you had read the preceding posts. I'm glad it doesn't need to be debated because HCF was attempting to debate it with me.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='02 February 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1265147730' post='2049926']
One person criticized you.
You criticized those of us who used derogatory terms about men.
I see no double standard here. There have been criticisms on both sides.
[/quote]

In my opinion, there are no 'sides.' The double standards exist only with posters who applaud/defend derogation of one sex and argue against the converse.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='02 February 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1265147212' post='2049915']
But when they arrive and see what kind of a party it is, why not leave? More importantly, why go to a private place with a man or woman who has every intention of seducing you?
[/quote]

A decent man may not always have the will power... a man of great virtue however might.

Also... say they get there before it is bad, he has a couple of drinks, now he can't drive, no money for a cab and he lives 20 miles away.

Another scenario: He is on spring break visiting a good friend at another college.. he is stuck at a party in a city which he does not know nor does he have other friends who can come pick him up.


Obviously there are ways out of both of the situations above (and the same situations can pertain to both men and women), but it becomes a lot more challenging to build up the courage to LEAVE a party that is hard to leave due to circumstances than the challenge of just declining to go to the party in the first place. Kind of like it is a lot easier to decline to drink alcohol when it is not directly present then it is to be at a party where alcohol is being served and someone hands you a beer.

A similar situation: A man is 20 minutes away from the closest possible internet access. It is much easier to not look at pornography then if he is on the internet at night by himself and all the sudden gets raided with pornographic pop up advertisements. Of course the man raided with pornographic pop up ads is not forced to look at them or continue to look at them, but a decent man may still fail to turn away.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1265147880' post='2049931']
In my opinion, there are no 'sides.' The double standards exist only with posters who applaud/defend derogation of one sex and argue against the converse.
[/quote]
I used Data's voice in my mind as I read this post.

Posted (edited)

Even great men struggle with vice.













In my opinion, the dude in this video isn't anywhere near the 'decent' category. :tomato:

Edited by Veridicus
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='02 February 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1265148003' post='2049935']
I used Data's voice in my mind as I read this post.
[/quote]

Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.


I always looked up to Data as a child.

Ora et Labora
Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1265147751' post='2049927']
Yes I assumed you had read the preceding posts. I'm glad it doesn't need to be debated because HCF was attempting to debate it with me.
[/quote]

You seem to be doing well on your own without hcf. ;)This is getting stupid. Peace out!

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1265147880' post='2049931']
In my opinion, there are no 'sides.' The double standards exist only with posters who applaud/defend derogation of one sex and argue against the converse.
[/quote]

Who here applauded or defended the derogation of the male sex? Absolutely no one. The men who have been looked down upon are those who insult a woman's dignity by treating her like a sexual object. This does NOT mean that women who insult a man's dignity by treating him like a sexual object are ignored. Furthermore, I guess you missed what I said in one of my earlier posts, because I blatantly attacked the young woman selling her virginity. There ARE many men who see a virgin woman as a prize, and this woman should be helping all of us (men and women) fight that. Just as many women should be helping all of us (men and women) promote modesty for the sake of men, who are more visually stimulated than women are.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1265148044' post='2049938']
Even great men struggle with vice.
[/quote]

Even many saints had this problem too, check out St Benidict the moor.

ed

Edited by Ed Normile
HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1265147751' post='2049927']
Yes I assumed you had read the preceding posts. I'm glad it doesn't need to be debated because HCF was attempting to debate it with me.
[/quote]

No debate would have been started had you left the word "misandric" out of your earlier post.

goldenchild17
Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1265148044' post='2049938']
Even great men struggle with vice.
[/quote]

St. Augustine of Hippo :smokey:

eagle_eye222001
Posted

So we all agree?

Posted

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='02 February 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1265148496' post='2049952']
So we all agree?
[/quote]

That it's disgusting to sell your virginity or to take it from someone else?

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='02 February 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1265148496' post='2049952']
So we all agree?
[/quote]

Yeah I don't even see what the issue is. Says the person who apparently started the debate. :rolleyes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...