Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teen Sells Virginity


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a hard time believing that anyone willing to sell her virginity is actually a virgin.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='02 February 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1265148944' post='2049957']
I have a hard time believing that anyone willing to sell her virginity is actually a virgin.
[/quote]

Tis strange. But stranger things have happened. It's hard for us to even comprehend from our point of view how one could so callously toss aside such a gift. It happens all the time tho...and almost always with less fanfare. Short of rape, anyone giving away their virginity is 'selling' it for one reason or another. Not necessarily monetary gain, but perhaps for the 'feeling' of love, security, the need to demonstrate machismo, etc.

Edited by Veridicus
Posted

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='02 February 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1265148944' post='2049957']
I have a hard time believing that anyone willing to sell her virginity is actually a virgin.
[/quote]

I thought the same thing... unfortunately there is a lot of confusion amongst teenage girls about what constitutes virginity and what constitutes sex. It's unbelievable how technical some will make it to justify their behavior to themselves.

Ora et Labora
Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1265148891' post='2049954']
That it's disgusting to sell your virginity or to take it from someone else?
[/quote]

Um, both I hope. :unsure:

Posted

[quote name='Veridicus' date='02 February 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1265149114' post='2049960']
Short of rape, anyone giving away their virginity is 'selling' it for one reason or another. [/quote]

What do you mean by this? If you mean that if someone is raped that they are no longer a virgin, that isn't true. According to Church teaching, if you are raped you are still regarded as a virgin since it was done against your will.

Posted

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='02 February 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1265149352' post='2049962']
Um, both I hope. :unsure:
[/quote]


Haha. I meant both of course!

Posted (edited)

[quote name='tinytherese' date='02 February 2010 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1265149425' post='2049964']
What do you mean by this? If you mean that if someone is raped that they are no longer a virgin, that isn't true. According to Church teaching, if you are raped you are still regarded as a virgin since it was done against your will.
[/quote]

Do you have a cited quote backing up this assertion? :)

Edited by Resurrexi
Posted

[quote name='tinytherese' date='02 February 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1265149425' post='2049964']
What do you mean by this? If you mean that if someone is raped that they are no longer a virgin, that isn't true. According to Church teaching, if you are raped you are still regarded as a virgin since it was done against your will.
[/quote]

I didn't mean any of that at all. In fact I was juxtaposing the victimhood of rape against the choice to give away virginity which occurs more frequently for one reason or another.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...