An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Ladie's Rest Area

princessgianna

JMJ
You are welcome to the Ladies rest area, regardless of whether or not you are homeschooled. Unlike those irritating people who "aren't here" und they know who they are, jah?

Who said anything about being a lady? This is the Laddies' Rest Area!
[img]http://eknives.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/fishing.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.footballs4familyinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/american-football-5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.prbullet.com/guns07.jpg[/img]

Fishin, football, and firearms. :idiot:

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

JMJ
Go away, Laddie.This is the Lady Rest Area. Why can't you chain yourself up in the Boys Bathroom? And take your pals with you, as well.

princessgianna

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='05 February 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1265393712' post='2051630']
JMJ
Princess Gianna, how are going to get a diploma? I am curious, since we chose Seton for high school so I can get a diploma. It doesn't make sense, please explain. My mom is going to kind of pick and choose next year, several families in the community do it, and finish school a month early with no effort, so we might try that approach! I never was a fan of schools. I attended them till 4th grade, and by then we had enough of school systems to pull out. I am having the time of my life homeschooling, since I can work on my own schedule. Princess Gianna, it sounds like we should go to the patio and have party drinks so we can talk about homeschooling some more! Thanks for everyones prayers for Brianna. I am calling her family in a few minutes to check up on her. I really hope she is doing well...And if Arpy "isn't here" still, what curriculum did you use?
[/quote] My parents will get some fancy paper and print one up. :P

I live in Missouri and they are pretty homeschooler friendly.

I am not sure of the particulars...

princessgianna

[quote name='Hilde' date='05 February 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1265347599' post='2051530']
I didn't really like elementary school, since I was teased there and I didn't feel like they did anything about it.

Socially my favorite was junior hight, where we were a close knit class where I got friends that I still have to this day.

I also liked High school academically. I got into a good school that had teachers that knew their stuff, so it was great knowledge-wise. I felt a lot of pressure though, there were a lot of tests and homework which really drained me, and the milieu was not bad which makes up for the stress because that would just be the worst. One of my friends chose private school instead of going to one of those schools. But the thing is it's different here than in America - what matters the most is your grade point average not which school, interests, extra curricular activities and so on. So even though it's not supposed to be like that, the better grades were harder to acheive in my school because the students are measured against each other too and people who got in had to have good grades from junior high. Well I'm babbling. Socially high school wasn't all that fun though, it was nothing like junior high and I found it harder to connect to my class mates. Too much talk about drinking and sex.

Homeschooling isn't illegal here because that would be infringing on human rights, neither is private school but the government is making it beaver dam hard. When you want to move on in life and you don't have a mainstream degree it's difficult. And the government gives less money to private school, it isn't a per head deal. There's a Catholic school in Oslo that's having monetary problems just because of that, they have state imposed rules that say they have to fix the building up in several ways and they don't have the money to do that. I really hope the school stays.
[/quote]
So basically they aren't against (they could argue) but they make it near impossible to home school in peace.

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='07 February 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1265590577' post='2052899']
JMJ
Go away, Laddie.This is the Laddy Rest Area.
[/quote]
I know it is, Lass.
Bu', we'll let ye stay, just acause we're sae nice.

[quote name='princessgianna' date='08 February 2010 - 03:57 AM' timestamp='1265594230' post='2052951']
So basically they aren't against (they could argue) but they make it near impossible to home school in peace.
[/quote]
Yup.
I think there are several international instances protecting the right, like the UN, and the European council. I don't remember which.

ETA: I found statistics saying 400 children were home schooled in 2007.

Edited by Hilde

JMJ
PrincessGianna, I'm praying for your mom! Well, your high school diploma sounds easier to get to than mine! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img] Oh well, I will get to it. I'm am coming up to where I can at least imagine myself getting through high school <sigh>. So, Hilde, it seems that your country (I think you aren't American, am I correct?) isn't as bad as Germany when it comes to homeschooling? HSLDA sent me an email about that German family, wh o the parents were sent to jail over homeschooling. They finally got out after 100 days or something, and moved the family to Czechoslavkia, or Slovenia. Pathetic that I can't remember <laughs>.
I meant to say lassies rest area, for the laddies who are reading this.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smokey.gif[/img]

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='07 February 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1265594516' post='2052954']
I know it is, Lass.
Bu', we'll let ye stay, just acause we're sae nice.
[/quote]

JMJ
Changing what people said is not cool, laddie. arg

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='08 February 2010 - 04:38 AM' timestamp='1265596691' post='2052995']
JMJ
PrincessGianna, I'm praying for your mom! Well, your high school diploma sounds easier to get to than mine! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img] Oh well, I will get to it. I'm am coming up to where I can at least imagine myself getting through high school <sigh>. So, Hilde, it seems that your country (I think you aren't American, am I correct?) isn't as bad as Germany when it comes to homeschooling? HSLDA sent me an email about that German family, wh o the parents were sent to jail over homeschooling. They finally got out after 100 days or something, and moved the family to Czechoslavkia, or Slovenia. Pathetic that I can't remember <laughs>.
I meant to say lassies rest area, for the laddies who are reading this.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smokey.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Yes, I'm in Norway. No, I've never heard of people going to jail for it.