An Old School Catholic Message Board

Satanic Video Games

dominicansoul

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='07 February 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1265579026' post='2052673']
Last console I owned was an NES.

[img]http://www.becks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nes-console.jpg[/img]

Wow... I remember when that actually looked futuristic and cool.

Best game ever:

[img]http://levelselect.co.uk/images/download-nes-02.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Yeah NES was the greatest. I have fond memories of blowing into the game cartridge every time the game froze. And sometimes you had to take out the cartridge cleaning kit and do a full cleaning inside the cartridge.

The best game was super dodgeball.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='06 February 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1265509391' post='2052258']
I like Guitar Hero. Only a few songs and Guitar hero that are "Satanic". I just beat them by playing them with the volume turned off (so that I don't have to listen to the song) and then I don't play them again after that.
[/quote]

No idea why you got a -1 for that. Fixing it.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='06 February 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1265512300' post='2052269']
Dragon Age Origins is a good game!

You play a guardian of the free peoples against dark spawn and honestly I saw some Christian elements in it.

Ok yes, there is a "sex" part of the game, but there is a thing called self control and you don't need to go into such things. And plus its an rpg, so depending on your character as a person will decide exactly what you do to begin with.

I bought this game for my brother for Christmas and I have played it as well, and needless to say its fun.

And the supposed "god" in the realm deal with dragons gone bad hardly the same as our God.
[/quote]

Yeah I have Dragon Age Origins...not that I have any time to play it. This list seems to take a rather biased and shallow view of some of these games. Part of what's great about the RPG genre of games is the ability to choose good or evil. While there should perhaps be greater restraint in the level of decadence/sexuality they allow some T-rated games 'evil' options to go to, I don't think having free choices between good an evil in a game is an intrinsically bad thing.

And I'm surprised that the Baldur's Gate series for pc didn't make the list. I love that series...Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn is one of my favorite games of all time (after the Zelda games of course). In Baldur's Gate you play the illegitimate spawn of the god of murder (one amongst a fictitious pantheon of gods) and its within you character's developmental power to be a force of good or to embrace the dark heritage. I think some people's willingness to summarily dismiss a book or game simply because it contains magic or fantastical cosmology/pantheons should remember that even the beloved C.S. Lewis's & J.R.R. Tolkien's works were not just reiterations of Genesis...but were in fact their own worlds with their own demons and forces of good...and the characters made real choices between good and evil which had real outcomes on the course of the story.

Edited by Veridicus

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='07 February 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1265594997' post='2052961']
I love Baldur's gate! Minsc is my favourite party member. lawl.
[/quote]

I actually took a Cavalier all the way from Baldur's Gate 1 through Tales of the Sword Coast through Shadows of Amn through Throne of Baal. Gaming satisfaction.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='07 February 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1265578157' post='2052664']
That sir, sounds like a challenge.
[/quote]
Yeah. It is.

PURE EVIL ECSTASY: A young forest-demon's ascent from anonymity to national prominence through killing and stealing and being guided by a satanic Will-o-Wisp. Throughout the story line you control nature with evil earth-magic powers, kill confused wild animals, force a horse into servitude, glorify necromancy, and in the end the demon protagonist falls in love with a crossdressing queen. Rated: "E" for Everyone

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/zelda/images/3/3b/GoldOoTn64Cart.jpg[/img]

Edited by Veridicus

[quote name='Veridicus' date='07 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1265602636' post='2053098']
PURE EVIL ECSTASY: A young forest-demon's ascent from anonymity to national prominence through killing and stealing and being guided by a satanic Will-o-Wisp. Throughout the story line you control nature with evil earth-magic powers, kill confused wild animals, force a horse into servitude, glorify necromancy, and in the end the demon protagonist falls in love with a crossdressing queen. Rated: "E" for Everyone

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/zelda/images/3/3b/GoldOoTn64Cart.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
:woot:
Best Satanic game evah! ;)

To be fair, you mercilessly slaughter a pair of witches.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Veridicus' date='07 February 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1265595917' post='2052978']
I actually took a Cavalier all the way from Baldur's Gate 1 through Tales of the Sword Coast through Shadows of Amn through Throne of Baal. Gaming satisfaction.
[/quote]
Nice. It keeps crashing on 7 on me, so it's a hard game to crawl through. Plus I have to reload when all hell breaks loose (literally) and evil fiendish things take everyone out. :topsy: Some moments are fail for me, others are pretty awesome.

[quote name='notardillacid' date='07 February 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1265600972' post='2053082']
Yeah. It is.
[/quote]
Okay.
:mellow:
What are the terms?

[quote name='Veridicus' date='07 February 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1265602636' post='2053098']

[/quote]
"H-h-hey!!! LISTEN!!"

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='07 February 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1265604697' post='2053123']
Nice. It keeps crashing on 7 on me, so it's a hard game to crawl through. Plus I have to reload when all hell breaks loose (literally) and evil fiendish things take everyone out. :topsy: Some moments are fail for me, others are pretty awesome.
[/quote]

Have you tried running it in Win7's downloadable Virtual Machine/XP Mode feature? I couldn't get Star-Wars: Shadows of the Empire to run on the Virtual WinXP because it didn't recognize the 'virtual graphics'. Might be worth a try tho. Or right-click the .exe file for Baldur's Gate and select "run in compatibility mode" for winXP.

Hopefully that works for you!