An Old School Catholic Message Board

Satanic Video Games

dominicansoul

[quote name='Veridicus' date='07 February 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1265605013' post='2053127']
Have you tried running it in Win7's downloadable Virtual Machine/XP Mode feature? I couldn't get Star-Wars: Shadows of the Empire to run on the Virtual WinXP because it didn't recognize the 'virtual graphics'. Might be worth a try tho. Or right-click the .exe file for Baldur's Gate and select "run in compatibility mode" for winXP.

Hopefully that works for you!
[/quote]
I just found out about the virtual machine today. I couldn't find a link on Microsoft to get it. I want to see if Starcraft runs better under that because so far it's a bit sketch. And I tried some Age of Mythology the other day and there were quite a few layers not working. I have tried Baldur's gate in compatibility mode, but it doesn't change it. I'll have to go for the virtual XP.

I actually installed the BG series on my Win7 Ultimate 64bit OS....I only played it for about 15minutes but it seemed to run fine. I loaded up some random old savepoints and it seems supersmooth. Make sure your graphics card is up to date with the latest drivers for Win7.

I haven't loaded it up in about a month...I tried to follow the 'stock' storyline as much as possible with the cavalier character. I'm pretty sure for BG2 I had Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, Aerie, and the last slot I rotated around quite a bit as I needed diff characters for diff quests (usually a thief of some sort). In the original Baldur's Gate I had Jaheira, Minsc, Khalid, Dynaheir (as the beginning of BG2 suggested) with a rotating 6th party member.

I am installing company of heroes right now

I love this game so i went to the store and bought the gold edition or what ever

[quote name='Veridicus' date='08 February 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1265609360' post='2053178']
I haven't loaded it up in about a month...I tried to follow the 'stock' storyline as much as possible with the cavalier character. I'm pretty sure for BG2 I had Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, Aerie, and the last slot I rotated around quite a bit as I needed diff characters for diff quests (usually a thief of some sort). In the original Baldur's Gate I had Jaheira, Minsc, Khalid, Dynaheir (as the beginning of BG2 suggested) with a rotating 6th party member.
[/quote]
Excellent. I'm doing the stock good guy list: Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira, Khalid. Anywho, I'm running RC of Windows 7 (currently looking to buy the OS for real) and I can't get the second file to install (probably because I've got RC). Therefore, I can't virtual XP. Dangit.

That smells of elderberries. If you're a college student, check out your bookstore...sometimes they have Win7 full installs for like $20 as a student deal.

[quote name='pvtmiller' date='08 February 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1265610501' post='2053193']
I am installing company of heroes right now

I love this game so i went to the store and bought the gold edition or what ever
[/quote]

I love Company of Heroes, have you played the expansion, they rock!

It will be interesting to see what kind of games the Interactive Media students at JP Catholic start coming up with once they graduate.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='08 February 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1265672607' post='2053717']
It's 99 bucks apparently. THAT smells of elderberries (and I totally didn't use the fi[u][/u]lter for that!)
[/quote]

Haha. that's still a TON cheaper than retail...

Ephrem Augustine

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='07 February 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1265578157' post='2052664']
Btw, I think Mortal Combat is Japanese.
[/quote]
Mortal Kombat is thoroughly American.

[quote name='Era Might' date='07 February 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1265578570' post='2052667']
The last video game console I owned was Nintendo 64.

"It's a-me, a-Mario." :mario:
[/quote]
Playstation. I still play it with my brother, when I visit in town.

I suggested the possibility of getting a Nintendo Wii at the Friary. The provincial loves the idea. Unfortunately none of the brothers were interested, except for one who was due to graduate and leave after a couple months. Didn't happen, not because anybody was opposed, but nobody was quite open to play it. I think I am the only person in my community that grew up with Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, and Playstation.

Laudate_Dominum

Dante's Inferno is the worst imo.

[quote]Now, any game with levels based around the sins found in the Divine Comedy is likely to have its mature moments. [b]Dante's Inferno literally pushes the Mature rating to its most extreme point[/b], as you'll pass scenes of souls being tortured, loads of violence, and plenty of male and female nudity from level to level. Obviously, this is not a game for kids, but much of what you see is appropriate for a game that tries to explore the extreme nature of Hell and its punishments. At times, you do feel sorry for the people and creatures trapped there. On the other hand, there are times when the game seems to include things just for shock value – like monsters that project human genitalia as a ranged attack.[/quote]

:blink: