An Old School Catholic Message Board

Home Altar

KeenanParkerII

MargaretTeresa

I'm resetting mine up tonight. It gets messed up a bit every time my fam visits. Pictures later.

Credo in Deum

I need to clean my room and set mine back up.  I did a whole spring rearrange and now I need to find a new place and material. 

BarbTherese

I don't know how to post pics onto the computer and then online.  My little oratory is now in my bedroom which is very large and I have a single bed providing plenty of room elsewhere.  The crucifix on the oratory is central with small statues of The Sacred Heart of Mary and St Joseph The Worker a 2door cupboard immediately underneath and either side of the crucifix on the wall.  Surrounding the crucifix are pics of St Therese of Lisieux, St Frances de Sales and St Rita of Cascia (feastday today).  It is a quite simple oratory in appearance always with flowers.

My son and his partner gave me a 3ft silver crucifix which is really huge for a home residence and the corpus is movingly beautiful.  I have a small shelf underneath with flowers always present. When one walks in the front door, the crucifix is immediately visible at the other end of the hall.

I shifted the oratory into my bedroom to avoid having to re-arrange if I had house guests.

MargaretTeresa

Here's a pic of my home altar! It's in a little cubby desk I have, hence why the pic is so dark.

photo.jpg?w=285&h=213

Statues: St. Francis, small San Damiano crucifix, Our Lady of Grace.

Candle, vial of h2oly, St. Paul icon, all in front.

Images in the back, from right to left: St. Clare, St. Paul, Archangel Gabriel, Bl. James Alberione, Jesus the Divine Master, Mother Thecla, St. Isidore.

Edited by MargaretTeresa

Fidei Defensor

Here's a pic of my home altar! It's in a little cubby desk I have, hence why the pic is so dark.

photo.jpg?w=285&h=213

Statues: St. Francis, small San Damiano crucifix, Our Lady of Grace.

Candle, vial of h2oly, St. Paul icon, all in front.

Images in the back, from right to left: St. Clare, St. Paul, Archangel Gabriel, Bl. James Alberione, Jesus the Divine Master, Mother Thecla, St. Isidore.

How quaint :)