An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ketchup Chips

jeffpugh

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haven't tried that yet. I have tried the pickles flavored one. It's like a salty chip on steroids. I'm just not much of a chip eater. The one real Canadian thing I haven't eaten is Poutine. I'm saving that for the day I get sworn in as a citizen.

[quote name='Arpy' date='09 February 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1265755111' post='2054373']
Why not just spread ketchup on "original" flavor potato chips?
[/quote]
Simulated flavour isn't supposed to taste like the real thing. :rolleyes:

[quote name='CatherineM' date='09 February 2010 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1265732663' post='2054095']
Haven't tried that yet. I have tried the pickles flavored one. It's like a salty chip on steroids. I'm just not much of a chip eater. The one real Canadian thing I haven't eaten is Poutine. I'm saving that for the day I get sworn in as a citizen.
[/quote]

:covereyes: There will be no turning back though. Poutine could totally change your mind about the whole thing. :ohno:

No, Cat, you don't want to know.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='missionseeker' date='09 February 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1265749052' post='2054282']
Poutine? DO I *want* to know?

:unsure:
[/quote]

I just looked up poutine on wikipedia. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine"]Here[/url].

Call me crazy, but I think it sounds pretty good. :idontknow:

I like french fries. I like gravy. And I really like che[i][/i]ese curds. :eat:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Poutine123.jpg[/img]

[quote name='missionseeker' date='09 February 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1265749052' post='2054282']
Poutine? DO I *want* to know?

:unsure:
[/quote]
Yes. You do. Take curds, put them on fries. Add gravy. MMmm. Good ol' French.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 February 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1265755210' post='2054375']
Simulated flavour isn't supposed to taste like the real thing. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
THAT is what I try and tell people. For instance, BBQ doesn't [i]really [/i]taste like BBQ (BBQ what, anyways?).

[quote name='Arpy' date='09 February 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1265762304' post='2054433']
Heck yes! I want to try this.
[/quote]
You should. Go. Do it. Now.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='09 February 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1265763131' post='2054438']
You Canadians should be punished severely for promoting poutine. The trauma you are afflicting on unsuspecting Americans... :ohno: Shame.
[/quote]
What is your problem, woman? French Canadian traditions are awesome. Besides, southerners deep fry everything from Mars Bars to Ice cream, and you don't see us cringing (instead, you see us lining up for some).

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='09 February 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1265763456' post='2054442']
What is your problem, woman? French Canadian traditions are awesome. Besides, southerners deep fry everything from Mars Bars to Ice cream, and you don't see us cringing (instead, you see us lining up for some).
[/quote]

How DARE you compare poutine to fried ice cream! The nerve.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Arpy' date='09 February 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1265762304' post='2054433']
Heck yes! I want to try this.
[/quote]

:woot:

If I ever see this on a menu, I'm totally ordering it!

I mean, I found out about Tim Horton's "Iced Capps" while in Canada. :drool: (Those were just amazing - way better than Frappuccinos!) I trust that. So, I'm definitely willing to try poutine. :lol: