An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just When You Think Things Couldn't Get Worse In Haiti

Jaime

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded[/url][/media]

They remake a horrible song. AND THEY MAKE IT WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL!!

[quote name='hot stuff' date='13 February 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1266089147' post='2056516']
[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded[/url][/media]

They remake a horrible song. AND THEY MAKE IT WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL!!
[/quote]
Maybe people will give money to keep the song from playing on MTV, VH1, and the radio.

The reality of how to fix the problems in Haiti and in Africa is killing. You kill the bad guys. Sacks of grain just keep the victims alive, they do nothing to remove the cause of their victimhood. The aid we give Haiti will merely keep the victims alive and do nothing to alleviate the problems in that country. "Give peace a chance" works if you're willing to be killed. The bad guys are more than happy to let dirty-footed hippies give peace a chance. Makes slaughtering them easier.

[quote name='Winchester' date='13 February 2010 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1266090838' post='2056531']
The reality of how to fix the problems in Haiti and in Africa is killing. You kill the bad guys. Sacks of grain just keep the victims alive, they do nothing to remove the cause of their victimhood. The aid we give Haiti will merely keep the victims alive and do nothing to alleviate the problems in that country. "Give peace a chance" works if you're willing to be killed. The bad guys are more than happy to let dirty-footed hippies give peace a chance. Makes slaughtering them easier.
[/quote]

What size gun would you recommend for shooting earthquakes and the Evil Geologic plates that cause them?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='13 February 2010 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1266091227' post='2056533']
What size gun would you recommend for shooting earthquakes and the Evil Geologic plates that cause them?
[/quote]
Let's be frank: Haiti was a disaster before the earthquake, and not just after it.

I never liked the song "We are the World," but I did like the song that got the "Band Aid" movement going:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jEnTSQStGE[/media]

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='13 February 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1266091469' post='2056537']
Let's be frank: Haiti was a disaster before the earthquake, and not just after it.
[/quote]

true enough.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='13 February 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1266091227' post='2056533']
[/quote]
Do you understand why Haiti needs this aid after an earthquake?

Haiti was hell before this earthquake.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='13 February 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1266091709' post='2056540']
I never liked the song "We are the World," but I did like the song that got the "Band Aid" movement going:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jEnTSQStGE[/media]
[/quote]
Yes, yes, yes.

As a former idealistic teenager (back in 1985), I really did like We Are the World in principle. It sorta gave me goosebumps to see the video. Of course watching in a thousand times lessens the feeling. And looking at the lyrics, it's pretty silly ("We're saving our own lives"? Really? How? "God changing stone to bread? No... that's SATAN!) But in the 80s, it all seemed good. Band-Aid was much cooler, though, as Apo points out. "Do They Know It's Christmas?" kinda makes me tear up a little even now-- Those lyrics are a little silly, too, though (No rain ANYWHERE in Africa?) .... but I digress....

eta: I saw a clip of Quincy Jones talking about this remake... he wanted to do a remake, but there wasn't a big cause (oh, really? no hunger in the world anywhere...?) and then the earthquake hit Haiti... and he said, "Coincidence is God working anonymously." Oh really? God provided this earthquake so you could remake your video? And who the heck are these people? Tony Bennet and Barbra Streisand and... who? Youtube celebrities?

[quote name='Winchester' date='13 February 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1266090838' post='2056531']
[/quote]
Merely killing people will not fix broken socioeconomic structures. It's like saying that the way to end prositution is to kill the customers and the prostitutes. That doesn't really solve the underlying causes of prostitution.

homeschoolmom

Okay... just finished watching the whole thing... oh my. That rap part was horrible... why keep saying "Haiti... Haiti" at the end? Why make it so specific? and Katrina? What the heck.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Winchester' date='13 February 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1266090838' post='2056531']
[/quote]

To do a wrong and make a right. Perfect logic......not.