Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Official Support Thread For Homeschoolers


Recommended Posts

Tridenteen
Posted

JMJ
Nope. I just kind of sat there, babysitting, and raking in moolah

Posted

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='04 July 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1278274370' post='2137715']
JMJ
I started in November, and am still striving to complete school in 3-3 1/2 years[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/quote]
That's what my sister is trying to do.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I use Seton! Fully enrolled. There's a lot of work, but everything is explained very well and you definitely learn what they teach you. I like that their Religion and English courses are so thorough. The French is tough; but I don't know if that's because it's Seton, or because it's just [i]French!! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]

[/i]I'd wanted to double up and finish highschool early, but Mater likes her summers and didn't want me doing schoolwork year-round. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sadder.gif[/img] I'd be graduated already. Alas, it wasn't to be!

Pax!

Posted

JMJ
Yay More homeschoolers! I do Seton also...and am trying to tie up allllllll of the loose ends! Which convents are you looking into?

Posted

Tridenteen:

When will you be graduating?
I really like the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. What about you? What convents are you interested in?

Pax!

Posted

[quote name='Tally Marx' date='04 August 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1280962152' post='2152286']
Tridenteen:

When will you be graduating?
I really like the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. What about you? What convents are you interested in?

Pax!
[/quote]


JMJ
That would be giving away age[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img] Anyways, i have two years till I can enter a convent.
I have a freind who entered the CFR sisters...
I am looking into a TLM community that teaches and nurses. This that I am discerning is way out from what the VS's are discerning. It is completely in Communion with Rome, no fears. They wear the full habit...iand although it is beyond my imagination for what a I ever thought I would be doing...it makes me happy[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/saint.gif[/img]

Posted

Oh, age. Right. Sorry I asked! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]
That's wonderful! I love children (who doesn't? But I [i]really[/i] love children!). I like teens, and youth groups and conferences, [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/D.gif[/img] .
I've never actually met the Franciscan Sisters (though I have met the Friars!) because they are so far away, but I hope to, soon. There are other communities I've been looking at, too, (like the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word) but the CFRs are the ones I feel closest to so far. I guess I'll see.
I haven't met a single person who saw themselves where, twenty years before, they imagined themselves to be. But, usually, they [i]are[/i] happy! If we follow what God wants of us, how can we [i]not[/i] be?

Who is your favorite saint?

Posted

JMJ
I havr never been able to have one favorite saint, sadly. Too many ones to choose from, and I don't want to hurt any feelings[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img] The CFRs are awesome, but the one thing is you have to be 21 to go in, I think. I love babies. Little kids can sometims get on my nerves (when they scream verly loud for a long time, and jump off the walls) but babies, well, they are so innocent. I love watching them.

Posted

I thought I'd never have a favorite saint (and I still don't have merely [i]one [/i]that I am close to!) but now, I just really like Francis of Assisi, Gianna Molla, Padre Pio, and Anthony of Padua :) They are the one's I go to all the time!
21 years [i]is[/i] a bit old, and leaves me a while to wait, but... if that's where I belong then I can wait. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_grin.gif[/img]
When little ones are pitching fits, they can get on [i]anyone's[/i] nerves (the girl with siblings that are only toddlers speaks with the voice of experience)! But you learn how to handle them. They're precious, all of them. You have a lot of experience with them? (I mean, do you have little siblings, cousins, etc.... if that's not too personal a question?)

Pax!

Posted

[quote name='Tally Marx' date='05 August 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1281040619' post='2152847']
I thought I'd never have a favorite saint (and I still don't have merely [i]one [/i]that I am close to!) but now, I just really like Francis of Assisi, Gianna Molla, Padre Pio, and Anthony of Padua [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] They are the one's I go to all the time!
21 years [i]is[/i] a bit old, and leaves me a while to wait, but... if that's where I belong then I can wait. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_grin.gif[/img]
When little ones are pitching fits, they can get on [i]anyone's[/i] nerves (the girl with siblings that are only toddlers speaks with the voice of experience)! But you learn how to handle them. They're precious, all of them. You have a lot of experience with them? (I mean, do you have little siblings, cousins, etc.... if that's not too personal a question?)

Pax!
[/quote]


JMJ
Several brothers and sisters! I am also the "resident" babysitter...meaning I make the majority, no...ALL of my money watching kids :-) It's a fairly good way to make mollah, although crummyy when 50% of your jobs don't pay (if you are out there and read this, and you know who you are[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img] ). Saint Anthony is awesome. I have a few relics of him, and a first class of SAint John Nuemann, and a few others of various saints. They're my friends[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/saint.gif[/img]

Posted

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='05 August 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1281061362' post='2152996']
JMJ
Several brothers and sisters! I am also the "resident" babysitter...meaning I make the majority, no...ALL of my money watching kids :-) It's a fairly good way to make mollah, although crummyy when 50% of your jobs don't pay (if you are out there and read this, and you know who you are[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img] ). Saint Anthony is awesome. I have a few relics of him, and a first class of SAint John Nuemann, and a few others of various saints. They're my friends[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/saint.gif[/img]
[/quote]


If I got paid for every one of my babysitting "jobs" I'd be rich!
I make most of money off my music. It doesn't make much, but at least it's something. And I have fun doing it, so... Do you play any instruments?

I have about a million Saint Anthony medals, but no relics. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohno.gif[/img] Actually, I don't have many relics, period. Just a second-class relic of Pope JPII (I'm not sure; is it even considered a relic in the proper sense if he isn't beatified or canonized?), and a couple third-class relics of St. Padre Pio. That's all.

Pax!

Posted

JMJ
I'm taking my flute to church and am putting up a sign for tips. I figure I will play after Mass out in the parking lot and see what happens. I'm pretty good, here is one peice I'm going to play [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSPK7Ayuw3s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSPK7Ayuw3s[/url]

Posted

JTheresa:

Hye! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/D.gif[/img]

-----------------------------------------------

Tridenteen:

The flute is a lovely instrument; I've always harbored a secret desire to learn it. Playing outside of church is a very good idea! I've never thought about doing that... ah, well, I guess I'd look silly with a piano in the middle of the parkinglot, anyway.

How long have you been playing?

Pax!

Posted (edited)

JMJ
Four years. However, a bit of pride (albeit honest) on my part...I'm really good!

Edited by Tridenteen
Posted

I'm sure. Playing any instrument (well, almost.... the recorder and the gazoo don't exactly qualify!) is quite an accomplishment... and I have to admit, the flute always looked fairly hard. I wish I could hear you play! Are you self-taught?

Pax!

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Two years ago I was quite good for my experience level at clarinet. I should practice up, and we can form a woodwind mini-ensemble. ^_^

Posted

JMJ
I ahve a musial instructor who used to be in the Army band. Really amazing guy.

Nihil, you should play your clarinet anyways. That way you can earn money for Seminary.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='09 August 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1281392145' post='2154867']
JMJ
I ahve a musial instructor who used to be in the Army band. Really amazing guy.

Nihil, you should play your clarinet anyways. That way you can earn money for Seminary.
[/quote]
Well first off that would be about the worst way in the word to earn any decent money...... and second, I'm not planning on going to the seminary. :mellow:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...