Bennn Posted April 5, 2010 Posted April 5, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' date='31 March 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1270068105' post='2084247'] JMJ I try not to spend it, but I told my mom that I would buy her Sonic from now on if she wanted. On top of that we now have a nearly starved priest who like cookies, candy, and POP TARTS.....so, we go 50/50. I need more money. [/quote] Hey, look on the bright side of things. You might go to Heaven for feeding that Priest. +Pax Ben
JTheresa Posted May 1, 2010 Posted May 1, 2010 Hahaha this thread is funny. I'm kinda new to PM, but not to homeschooling. Been homeschooled purty much my whole life. So... Hi!!
Tridenteen Posted May 1, 2010 Author Posted May 1, 2010 JMJ Ahhhh....you bumped the thread for us. Welcome to phatmass. What curriculum do/did you use?
JTheresa Posted May 1, 2010 Posted May 1, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' date='01 May 2010 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1272750670' post='2103287'] JMJ Ahhhh....you bumped the thread for us. Welcome to phatmass. What curriculum do/did you use? [/quote] we did mother of divine grace for a while and then mom read designing your own classical curriculum and so now we do a whole lot of crazy stuff. Like Saxon.
Tridenteen Posted May 1, 2010 Author Posted May 1, 2010 [quote name='JTheresa' date='01 May 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1272750982' post='2103291'] we did mother of divine grace for a while and then mom read designing your own classical curriculum and so now we do a whole lot of crazy stuff. Like Saxon. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/P.gif[/img] [/quote] JMJ Ah, I see. My mother never felt up to designing our curriculum..so we let Seton do it for us [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img]
JTheresa Posted May 1, 2010 Posted May 1, 2010 We tried Seton for a couple of subjects when we were younger. But my mom didn't really feel like they were challenging enough. She followed what all of the "veteran" homeschoolers did.
Tridenteen Posted May 2, 2010 Author Posted May 2, 2010 JMJ I find nothing more challenging than trying to write a morality assesmant for Seton that is not deemed "controversial and uncharitable". Is there any point to diagramming sentences?
JTheresa Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 No. I absolutely loathed diagramming. ug. but it was helpful when i was learning how to diagram Latin. it made it so much easier. Unfortunately, though I'm not the first to admit it, the least fun subjects turn out to be the most helpful. Except, of course, for Theology. Extremely fun, extremely helpful.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' date='01 May 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1272766881' post='2103424'] JMJ Is there any point to diagramming sentences? [/quote] Like JTheresa said, I'm sure it helps with learning another similar language. It's also crucial if you ever take syntactic linguistics, unfortunately.
JTheresa Posted May 3, 2010 Posted May 3, 2010 oh wait, this thread doesn't need bumped. I'm waaayy to bored.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 3, 2010 Posted May 3, 2010 [quote name='JTheresa' date='03 May 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1272907859' post='2104217'] oh wait, this thread doesn't need bumped. I'm waaayy to bored. [/quote] I recommend . . . MOAR PHATMASS.
Tridenteen Posted May 3, 2010 Author Posted May 3, 2010 JMJ Nihil, you misspelled more...do I really need to call in Rexi and his Papal Conclave of Spelling and Grammer Rules Relating to the Catholic Church to excommunicate you forever from phatmass? JTherese, maybe now you will believe me when I say that deleting Nihil from my friends list (accidently) was the best thing I have ever did with my non babysitting time?
Tridenteen Posted May 3, 2010 Author Posted May 3, 2010 JMJ By the way, JTherese, what is your avatar? It makes m ethink of hair strands oin peach yogurt.
JTheresa Posted May 4, 2010 Posted May 4, 2010 omgoh I just ate peach yogurt today!!! No wait, that was peach jello. Nevermind. It's one of those preset ones that PM let's you use of youre to computer illiterate to figure out how to upload your own URL. It's either that, or my MacBook just won't let me. now to turn the subject away from my stupidity ( therefore exposing it even more) is anyone else graduating this year?
Arpy Posted May 4, 2010 Posted May 4, 2010 Yes, though I technically stopped being homeschooled at 16, I'm still "graduating" after a fashion with some others, then it's work-work-work and finally off to Benedictine College.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 4, 2010 Posted May 4, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' date='03 May 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1272930965' post='2104529'] JMJ Nihil, you misspelled more...do I really need to call in Rexi and his Papal Conclave of Spelling and Grammer Rules Relating to the Catholic Church to excommunicate you forever from phatmass? JTherese, maybe now you will believe me when I say that deleting Nihil from my friends list (accidently) was the best thing I have ever did with my non babysitting time? [/quote] MOAR is a legitimate spelling when referencing internet subculture. You could call it an internet regionalism.
JTheresa Posted May 4, 2010 Posted May 4, 2010 Is moar even a word? If you were going to misspell to make a point ( or just to be funny) i would have thought You would have spelled it MOORE (this being a Catholic phorum and all)
Nihil Obstat Posted May 4, 2010 Posted May 4, 2010 [quote name='JTheresa' date='04 May 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1273005437' post='2104968'] Is moar even a word? If you were going to misspell to make a point ( or just to be funny) i would have thought You would have spelled it MOORE (this being a Catholic phorum and all) [/quote] [img]http://knowyourmeme.com/i/27200/original/moar.jpg[/img]
JTheresa Posted May 5, 2010 Posted May 5, 2010 Geez, I was just curious. You don't have to go an get all cranky on me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now