An Old School Catholic Message Board

A More Humane "don't Ask Don't Tell"?

Saint Therese

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='02 April 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1270244021' post='2085684']
apparently, the Generals care...and the fact that this is so overblown and made into drama...means it must be important to somebody...
[/quote]
I'd say some drama comes about because some people het po'd at the idea that someone who signs up to fight and die for their country has to be concerned about their career going up in smoke because if an issue that isn't anyones buisness. If a gay soldier or marine to unprofessional to not make unwanted sexual advances towards a member if his unit than he can be diciplined or discharged.

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='02 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1270269963' post='2085889']
that's a poor choice of words in a thread with this topic...
[/quote]

You're really crass.

[quote name='Hassan' date='03 April 2010 - 03:53 AM' timestamp='1270281197' post='2085950']
I'd say some drama comes about because some people het po'd at the idea that someone who signs up to fight and die for their country has to be concerned about their career going up in smoke because if an issue that isn't anyones buisness. If a gay soldier or marine to unprofessional to not make unwanted sexual advances towards a member if his unit than he can be diciplined or discharged.
[/quote]
Some officers will have no problem with homosexuals in the military. Do you know why? Because officers get their own quarters and do not have to bunk together like enlisted do. There is more to the military than fighting. There is more to allowing homosexuals in the military than just handing a gun to someone. Do not get caught in oversimplification.

Why do men and woman sleep in separate barracks? Why do men and women shower in separate showers? Those questions become more pertinent if homosexuality is allowed.

Someone's sexuality is the military's business. The military does discriminate and rightfully so. See my previous message on discrimination.

Semper Catholic

[quote name='kamiller42' date='04 April 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1270397681' post='2086602']
Some officers will have no problem with homosexuals in the military. Do you know why? Because officers get their own quarters and do not have to bunk together like enlisted do. There is more to the military than fighting. There is more to allowing homosexuals in the military than just handing a gun to someone. Do not get caught in oversimplification.

Why do men and woman sleep in separate barracks? Why do men and women shower in separate showers? Those questions become more pertinent if homosexuality is allowed.

Someone's sexuality is the military's business. The military does discriminate and rightfully so. See my previous message on discrimination.
[/quote]

LOL officer's get their own "quarters"? (what is this Star Trek?). Maybe in the Navy or Air Force, not in the Marine Corps.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='04 April 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1270421467' post='2086717']
LOL officer's get their own "quarters"? (what is this Star Trek?). Maybe in the Navy or Air Force, not in the Marine Corps.
[/quote]
[url="http://www.onelook.com/?w=quarters&ls=a"]Quarters[/url], not the coin.

Are you telling me this man shared his "living space" with another officer?

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/thumb/d/d4/ColNathanJessup.jpg/180px-ColNathanJessup.jpg[/img]

Semper Catholic

[quote name='kamiller42' date='04 April 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1270421883' post='2086719']
[url="http://www.onelook.com/?w=quarters&ls=a"]Quarters[/url], not the coin.

Are you telling me this man shared his "living space" with another officer?

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/thumb/d/d4/ColNathanJessup.jpg/180px-ColNathanJessup.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Jack Nicholson is an actor.

But yes. TBS you room with 5 other Lieutenants. MOS School is usually 2-3. Out in the field you're sharing a two man tent/humvee/COC/piece of ground. Yes officers can have their own apartments/homes when they're not at work, but so can any other Marine.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='04 April 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1270422555' post='2086721']
Jack Nicholson is an actor.[/quote]
Yes, I was making a funny, but the rank of his character is no joke. He would not be bunking with someone.

[quote]But yes. TBS you room with 5 other Lieutenants. MOS School is usually 2-3. Out in the field you're sharing a two man tent/humvee/COC/piece of ground. Yes officers can have their own apartments/homes when they're not at work, but so can any other Marine.
[/quote]
Maybe I should stipulate. When not on a mission or training in school, officers, especially senior ranking, are far more likely to have their own living quarters than enlisted. I guess I should further stipulate that I am not talking about married Marines.

Are male and female Marines bunking together yet? Why not? Are male and female Marines showering in the same showers yet? Why not?