Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 This is hard to watch, but it does reveal the true state of the Church in many places. Sadly, there are even some Eastern Catholic bishops participating in this "liturgy." [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ5it20gKqw[/media] Part 01 of 12 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD8d-K5HVVE[/media] Part 02 of 12
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYyGL9dAyU[/media] Part 03 of 12 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Y3I-lsTNQ[/media] Part 04 of 12
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-WBzYV3Org[/media] Part 05 of 12 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5my6c2EzLAo[/media] Part 06 of 12
Vincent Vega Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 I will not be sad when +Mahoney no longer holds his current position.
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv_SoGcL65A[/media] Part 07 of 12 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_aAoJAgvs4[/media] Part 08 of 12
Resurrexi Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='27 March 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1269720763' post='2081479'] I will not be sad when +Mahoney no longer holds his current position. [/quote] I would bet that most people on Phatmass share your sentiment.
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tamoQoeYA[/media] Part 09 of 12 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fWdV_Hk6s0[/media] Part 10 of 12
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPB_1qCGfqM[/media] Part 11 of 12 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1iLNdQHaY[/media] Part 12 of 12
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='27 March 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1269720826' post='2081481'] I would bet that most people on Phatmass share your sentiment. [/quote] All I can say is that this is perhaps one of the worst "liturgies" I have been able to watch in its entirety.
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 (edited) Why are "incense dancers" so popular in these types of Brady Bunch liturgies? P.S. - Check out part 07 in particular where the ladies come forward to prepare the table for dinner. Edited March 27, 2010 by Apotheoun
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 (edited) The "incense ministers" look like they just escaped from a Rajneeshee ashram in Oregon. Edited March 27, 2010 by Apotheoun
Vincent Vega Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 (edited) There's a mariachi band presenting the gifts! Edited March 28, 2010 by Lil Red
Slappo Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 Oh good! At least the [s]sacred vessels[/s] baskets that were brought up had some cloth in them [s]to prevent Jesus from falling all over the floor[/s] that won't do croutons to prevent Eucharistic particles from falling everywhere....
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='27 March 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1269721946' post='2081501'] Oh good! At least the [s]sacred vessels[/s] baskets that were brought up had some cloth in them [s]to prevent Jesus from falling all over the floor[/s] that won't do croutons to prevent Eucharistic particles from falling everywhere.... [/quote] Yes. Part 07 was interesting to watch. It seems as if the organizers went out of their way to have as many women as possible approach and touch the altar (table?). I did like how the commentator spoke about "God's grace poured out with ridiculous abundance for us," and of course that is not the only thing that was ridiculous at that liturgy.
jiyoung Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 I don't want to see... I really hope we get a good bishop when Mahoney retires. Same for Orange. PS: I haven't watched the videos--I don't think I can stomach it--but from what I've heard, it's actually gotten better than it's been in previous years. So that makes you wonder what it was like in the past...
Slappo Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 March 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1269722192' post='2081504'] Yes. Part 07 was interesting to watch. It seems as if the organizers went out of their way to have as many women as possible approach and touch the altar (table?). I did like how the commentator spoke about "God's grace poured out with ridiculous abundance for us," and of course that is not the only thing that was ridiculous at that liturgy. [/quote] The sombrero wearing man and the woman who had nothing on her head was.... interesting. I'd think it'd be reversed... or at least they would both wear nothing
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 Why do liturgists think that they must reinvent the wheel at every liturgical celebration?
Apotheoun Posted March 27, 2010 Author Posted March 27, 2010 More videos are available at the [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/RECongress"]RE Congress Youtube Channel[/url], and on their [url="http://recongress.org/live/home.htm"]RECongress.org[/url] website.
cmotherofpirl Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 I could watch the first 20 seconds then barfed. I think I'll lie down now.
Lil Red Posted March 27, 2010 Posted March 27, 2010 +JMJ+ [quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 March 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1269721045' post='2081486'] Why are "incense dancers" so popular in these types of Brady Bunch liturgies? P.S. - Check out part 07 in particular where the ladies come forward to prepare the table for dinner. [/quote] btw, i couldn't help but notice, someone videotaping the liturgy? i thought that wasn't allowed? oh and i love the choice of flip flops for footwear on one of those ladies. [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='27 March 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1269721734' post='2081498'] [mod][/mod] There's a mariachi band presenting the gifts! [/quote] you wanna edit that? before i do?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now