An Old School Catholic Message Board

Closing Liturgy Of The Los Angeles Religious Education Congress 2010

Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 March 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1269722192' post='2081504']
Yes. Part 07 was interesting to watch. It seems as if the organizers went out of their way to have as many women as possible approach and touch the altar (table?). I did like how the commentator spoke about "God's grace poured out with ridiculous abundance for us," and of course that is not the only thing that was ridiculous at that liturgy.
[/quote]

The sombrero wearing man and the woman who had nothing on her head was.... interesting.

I'd think it'd be reversed... or at least they would both wear nothing

Why do liturgists think that they must reinvent the wheel at every liturgical celebration?

More videos are available at the [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/RECongress"]RE Congress Youtube Channel[/url], and on their [url="http://recongress.org/live/home.htm"]RECongress.org[/url] website.

+JMJ+
[quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 March 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1269721045' post='2081486']
Why are "incense dancers" so popular in these types of Brady Bunch liturgies?

P.S. - Check out part 07 in particular where the ladies come forward to prepare the table for dinner.
[/quote]
btw, i couldn't help but notice, someone videotaping the liturgy? i thought that wasn't allowed? oh and i love the choice of flip flops for footwear on one of those ladies.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='27 March 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1269721734' post='2081498']
[mod][/mod] There's a mariachi band presenting the gifts!
[/quote]
you wanna edit that? before i do?

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 March 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1269722292' post='2081509']
Why do liturgists think that they must reinvent the wheel at every liturgical celebration?
[/quote]

That's LA for you. Always have to come up with new "entertainment." LOL

Even if no one had told me that this liturgy took place in LA, I would have guessed it. I am a personal fan of "smells and bells" but this mass looked irreverent to me--and that is from an "outsider's" viewpoint.

Back when I was married in the Catholic church in the LA diocese (many moons ago with a different bishop), the diocese was very conservative--I think reflecting the large Hispanic population.

My knowlege of the LA diocese is very limited, but hasn't LA had had problems with their bishops/archbishops/Cardinals in the past, as well?

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Slappo' date='27 March 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1269722285' post='2081508']
The sombrero wearing man and the woman who had nothing on her head was.... interesting.

I'd think it'd be reversed... or at least they would both wear nothing
[/quote]

A nekkid Mass? LOL And, I thought you were a traditionalist.

You need to get married--tomorrow if possible.

[quote name='Slappo' date='27 March 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1269723868' post='2081531']
dunno why apo got all the -1's but i reversed 3
[/quote]
I guess I got them as the bearer of bad news. :(

Thank you for the reversals on several of them.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 March 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1269722292' post='2081509']
[/quote]

pride.

pure and simple.

and it's sad.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Slappo' date='27 March 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1269723868' post='2081531']
dunno why apo got all the -1's but i reversed 3
[/quote]

I tried to reverse the other -1's, but I had used up all my +1's for the day. Sorry apo--I tried. You were just passing along information, it wasn't as if you were supporting it.

Yeah... I guess they couldn't take it. hah. Wow. Scary. It's like a big concert... a sappy concert... with a good saxophonist... lawl.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='27 March 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1269724309' post='2081538']
I tried to reverse the other -1's, but I had used up all my +1's for the day. Sorry apo--I tried. You were just passing along information, it wasn't as if you were supporting it.
[/quote]
I appreciate your efforts. :D

Perhaps someone saw this as an attack on the Latin Church by me, but as I made clear in my original post, there were Eastern Catholic bishops participating also, which filled me with great sorrow.