Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

University Student Protests "our Lord" On Diplomas


Recommended Posts

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='30 March 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1269986451' post='2083625']
having a great hair cut is no indication that you are great at cutting hair.[/quote]

I will say it again. It is not about having a great hair cut but about having healthy hair and being able to show the client that, as a professional, the stylist knows how to take care of hair.

Stylists know...
What shampoo and conditioner to use, and what to avoid
What hair styling product(s) to use, and what to avoid
What type of brush or comb is best for the client
The proper way to style hair (blow drying, straightening, curling, crimping)
The best products to use for straightening, curling, etc.
Knowing what hair color looks best against the skin
The proper application of hair dye
Special hair treatments (i.e. hot oil)
Hair styling products you can make at home

And yes, what cuts are the most healthy, and what cuts suit different face shapes

All of the above is reinforced by what their hair looks like.

Would you go to a manicurist who has dirty nails?

Lilllabettt
Posted

Am I Walt Whitman?

Or just somebody who likes to skip lines?

So that I can read?

Nihil if you practice, you will be able to read my work with ease.

And after that, all the masters will be open to you.

1. Nowadays women choose their breast size
2. Many Muslim women don't feel they have any "control" over how they wear their hair, anymore than you or I feel we have "control" over whether we go to Mass on Sunday

When I go to a hairdresser, I am not interested in her taste.

I am interested in her ability to give me something according to MY taste.

I don't care what she likes. I care about what I like. And whether or not she can deliver that to me.

God Conquers
Posted

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='30 March 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1269986910' post='2083636']

1. Nowadays women choose their breast size

[/quote]

Pregnancy. Way cheaper than plastic surgery.

Posted

[quote name='cmariadiaz' date='30 March 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1269985392' post='2083599']
Well, I went to a private secular school and my diploma is 100% IN LATIN (well, except my name which is in correct type -- including accent marks!).

:P
[/quote]

I want my diploma to be completely in Latin.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='God Conquers' date='30 March 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1269986677' post='2083634']
Bottom line:

This is a Service Industry.
[/quote]

Exactly. I work retail in a high-end department store. I have to dress, look, and act a certain way.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='30 March 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1269986910' post='2083636']

1. Nowadays women choose their breast size

[/quote]
So breasts = hair style, and haircuts = breast augmentation?


Are you really self-conscious of a bad haircut or something? This is just weird. :mellow:

HisChildForever
Posted

Your new posting style is a bit weird.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='30 March 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1269986910' post='2083636']
Am I Walt Whitman?

Or just somebody who likes to skip lines?

So that I can read?

Nihil if you practice, you will be able to read my work with ease.

And after that, all the masters will be open to you.

1. Nowadays women choose their breast size
2. Many Muslim women don't feel they have any "control" over how they wear their hair, anymore than you or I feel we have "control" over whether we go to Mass on Sunday

When I go to a hairdresser, I am not interested in her taste.

I am interested in her ability to give me something according to MY taste.

I don't care what she likes. I care about what I like. And whether or not she can deliver that to me.
[/quote]

So you would go to a stylist who has dirty hair, full of split-ends? That would not bother you?

Lilllabettt
Posted (edited)

I have apparently broken through the 4th dimension, as I observe that virtual reality now reflects physical reality's considered judgment that I am weird.

PM for club membership details.

Edited by Lilllabettt
Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='30 March 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1269987242' post='2083643']
My hair is awesome, thank you.

It was cut by someone at bestcuts.

Who had a shaved head.

Yes. A shaved head.

She did a great job.
[/quote]
I'm glad you addressed my central point and ignored the tangential stuff. :yes: Mark of a focussed mind.

God Conquers
Posted

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='30 March 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1269987242' post='2083643']
My hair is awesome, thank you.

It was cut by someone at bestcuts.

Who had a shaved head.

Yes. A shaved head.

She did a great job.
[/quote]


But did she have big breasts?


Wait.... am I mixing analogies?

Lilllabettt
Posted

[quote name='God Conquers' date='30 March 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1269987390' post='2083645']
But did she have big breasts?
[/quote]


rotfl

Lilllabettt
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='30 March 2010 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1269987307' post='2083644']
I'm glad you addressed my central point and ignored the tangential stuff. :yes: Mark of a focussed mind.
[/quote]


is it just me or did the post you quoted get sucked into a black hole and just disappear?

( i did not edit it away)

Edited by Lilllabettt
Posted

In the end an employer has a right to establish a dress code, a code of behavior in the work place, and what can and cannot be displayed in the work area. If a person does not agree with the employers rules . . . he is free to quit and look for a job elsewhere.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='30 March 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1269987242' post='2083643']
I have apparently broken through the 4th dimension, as I observe that virtual reality now reflects physical reality's considered judgment that I am weird.

PM for club membership details.
[/quote]

Um, I said your new posting style was weird. I never said you were weird.

HisChildForever
Posted

But please, feel free to misinterpret my side comment and ignore the point of my post:

So you would go to a stylist who has dirty hair, full of split-ends? That would not bother you?

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='30 March 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1269987500' post='2083647']
is it just me or did the post you quoted get sucked into a black hole and just disappear?
[/quote]
:lol: I'm not planning on editing my quote to match yours, if that's what you're thinking.

No idea why you got rid of it though.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='30 March 2010 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1269987506' post='2083648']
In the end an employer has a right to establish a dress code, a code of behavior in the work place, and what can and cannot be displayed in the work area. If a person does not agree with the employers rules . . . he is free to quit and look for a job elsewhere.
[/quote]

Or not apply in the first place.

Apparently, an employer's right to establish a dress code is not politically correct.

Lilllabettt
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='30 March 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1269987513' post='2083649']
Um, I said your new posting style was weird. I never said you were weird.
[/quote]

ok, cool

[quote]
So you would go to a stylist who has dirty hair, full of split-ends? That would not bother you?[/quote]

i would not hire someone whose hair looked "dirty". Dirtiness is unprofessional.

but i would not assume that someone who has their hair covered beneath a beautiful hijab has dirty hair, either.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Officially at my job at Staples I'm not allowed to have an "extreme hairstyle" which specifically includes mohawks and bright colours. I think this is discriminatory against the punk subculture. :annoyed:

Lilllabettt
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='30 March 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1269987565' post='2083651']
:lol: I'm not planning on editing my quote to match yours, if that's what you're thinking.

No idea why you got rid of it though.
[/quote]


but i didn't get rid of it. unless i just blacked out and forgot. which is why it seems so weird ...

wait.

is this my flash-forward?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...