brandelynmarie Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 April 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1271656782' post='2096013'] [url=""]This video[/url] should explain everything to your satisfaction, Ignatius. [/quote] ummm...where on EARTH did you find that? (I sat & watched the whole thing meanwhile thinking I can't believe I'm watching this!) It was mesmerizing
brandelynmarie Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 [quote name='aalpha1989' date='19 April 2010 - 03:03 AM' timestamp='1271657026' post='2096015'] I like [url=""]cheesy explosions[/url] [/quote] And after all the technical stuff & pyrotechnics, he ends it with, "and the earth will be toast"?!?
zunshynn Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 (edited) [quote name='brandelynmarie' date='19 April 2010 - 07:01 AM' timestamp='1271682112' post='2096168'] ummm...where on EARTH did you find that? (I sat & watched the whole thing meanwhile thinking I can't believe I'm watching this!) It was mesmerizing [/quote] He's always posting stuff like that. He does it in a ridiculously short amount of time. Like you'll post something, and then two minutes later he'll have responded with ten different lolcats. It's like he knows exactly where every lolcat and NO U! picture, among other memes, is on the internet. I have a theory that he's actually a bot. Edited April 19, 2010 by zunshynn
Nihil Obstat Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 [quote name='brandelynmarie' date='19 April 2010 - 08:01 AM' timestamp='1271682112' post='2096168'] ummm...where on EARTH did you find that? (I sat & watched the whole thing meanwhile thinking I can't believe I'm watching this!) It was mesmerizing [/quote] He was "The People's Entertainer" in Soviet Russia. That was his big hit. It was called "Indeed I Am Very Glad To Be Returning Home" or something like that.
Bennn Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 April 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1271656782' post='2096013'] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g"]This video[/url] should explain everything to your satisfaction, Ignatius. [/quote] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_roll.gif[/img]
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 April 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1271656782' post='2096013'] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g"]This video[/url] should explain everything to your satisfaction, Ignatius. [/quote] Okay, after sleeping on it, I decided to trust you Nihil, and watch the video linked above. It was amusing, but also obnoxious. I could only play about a minute of it before I turned it off. However, while amusing, what does this video EXPLAIN (except that I'm glad I don't live in Russia and have to listen to stuff like this)? I'm SO confused....... [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/twitch.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/help.gif[/img] Thanks for trying. (I think.)
Nihil Obstat Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='19 April 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1271712554' post='2096368'] Okay, after sleeping on it, I decided to trust you Nihil, and watch the video linked above. It was amusing, but also obnoxious. I could only play about a minute of it before I turned it off. However, while amusing, what does this video EXPLAIN (except that I'm glad I don't live in Russia and have to listen to stuff like this)? I'm SO confused....... [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/twitch.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/help.gif[/img] Thanks for trying. (I think.) [/quote] You're welcome.
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 [i]They are actual litigants with a case pending in a California municipal court![/i]
Bennn Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 Ignatius, sometimes one simply needs to let lose of logic and laugh at a trololo vid.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted April 20, 2010 Posted April 20, 2010 [quote name='Bennn' date='19 April 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1271713912' post='2096396'] Ignatius, sometimes one simply needs to let lose of logic and laugh at a trololo vid.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img] [/quote] Oh, I can be absurd--too much so sometimes. One reason I keep coming back to Phatmass is because there is a coterie of people who have not lost the ability to be absurd. You have no idea how rare you are. (And, you balance out another group on Phatmass, whom I swear are pure Vulcan, but have had their ears fixed.) Do we have a book here?--"The Use of the Absurd to Attract Believers in the Anglican Heresy to Catholic Web Sites" Unfortunately, I also have this strong strain in me that sometimes just "doesn't get it." It's very frustrating, because I think of myself as a person with both intelligence and a sense of humor, but sometimes my brain goes on "Fail," and I am totally clueless. Keeps me humble. However, I do have limits, especially when it comes to music, and now I know that bad Russian singers are beyond my level of tolerance. Maybe that bit of knowledge about myself will be useful someday, but I doubt it.
Nihil Obstat Posted April 20, 2010 Posted April 20, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='19 April 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1271723948' post='2096491'] However, I do have limits, especially when it comes to music, and now I know that bad Russian singers are beyond my level of tolerance. Maybe that bit of knowledge about myself will be useful someday, but I doubt it. [/quote] Soon I shall expose you to saccharine sweet J-pop. Then after that some early industrial noise/avant garde/performance art.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted April 20, 2010 Posted April 20, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 April 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1271736710' post='2096565'] Soon I shall expose you to saccharine sweet J-pop. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/evil.gif[/img] Then after that some early industrial noise/avant garde/performance art. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/evil.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/evil.gif[/img] [/quote] I'd settle for being serenaded on the clarinet. I'm into soothing music at the moment.
brandelynmarie Posted April 20, 2010 Posted April 20, 2010 [quote name='zunshynn' date='19 April 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1271690694' post='2096214'] I have a theory that he's actually a bot. [/quote] I think you are right!
brandelynmarie Posted April 20, 2010 Posted April 20, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 April 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1271692088' post='2096224'] He was "The People's Entertainer" in Soviet Russia. That was his big hit. It was called "Indeed I Am Very Glad To Be Returning Home" or something like that. [/quote] oh wow...there is sooo much on youtube I have not seen...
Bennn Posted April 20, 2010 Posted April 20, 2010 [quote name='brandelynmarie' date='20 April 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1271768249' post='2096729'] I think you are right! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif[/img] [/quote] I support this theory as well.
aalpha1989 Posted April 20, 2010 Author Posted April 20, 2010 [IMG]http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac278/jshoulta/070222_supernova_vmedwidec.jpg[/IMG]
Nihil Obstat Posted April 20, 2010 Posted April 20, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='19 April 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1271736836' post='2096569'] I'd settle for being serenaded on the clarinet. I'm into soothing music at the moment. [/quote] Hm..... been a long time since I played. Give me a month to practice, and some decent music to play. In the meantime: [url="http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Sakura+Saku/5RqCm"]Sakura Saku[/url]
brandelynmarie Posted April 22, 2010 Posted April 22, 2010 [quote name='zunshynn' date='19 April 2010 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1271656676' post='2096012'] Maybe he meant [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ"]this?[/url] [/quote] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw I prefer this one
brandelynmarie Posted April 22, 2010 Posted April 22, 2010 ...and...to come full circle...we have penguins... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2MZN7ludRs
aalpha1989 Posted April 23, 2010 Author Posted April 23, 2010 [IMG]http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac278/jshoulta/carina06_hst.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac278/jshoulta/hubble4_HA_Wissensc_174360b.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac278/jshoulta/330px-Carinanebel_Spitzer.jpg[/IMG] How beautiful is our God's creation? Just sayin'. Also, [IMG]http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac278/jshoulta/Ireland_flag.gif[/IMG]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now