Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

+JMJ+
give me negatives.

i'm tired of people's baloney.

and by baloney, i mean the other word i can't say.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

No.

IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='25 April 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1272216515' post='2099755']
+JMJ+
give me negatives.

i'm tired of people's baloney.

and by baloney, i mean the other word i can't say.
[/quote]

I don't know exactly which specific "baloney" you are referring to, but, in any case, I strongly suspect you are not alone in your feelings, even if others don't say it out loud. This is what I often feel like doing: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/getaclue.gif[/img]

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='25 April 2010 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1272216515' post='2099755']
+JMJ+
give me negatives.

i'm tired of people's baloney.

and by baloney, i mean the other word i can't say.
[/quote]


[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='25 April 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1272218666' post='2099768']
I don't know exactly which specific "baloney" you are referring to, but, in any case, I strongly suspect you are not alone in your feelings, even if others don't say it out loud. This is what I often feel like doing: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/getaclue.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Sounds like you two could use a good punching bag. :yes: Most local gyms have one hidden somewhere, but even if they don't, it's still not hard to find one. ;)
[img]http://www.ilovegkr.com/graphics/essays/history/kanazawa.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.pskovinfo.ru/karate-pskov/blast/Past19.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.kickemintheghoulies.com/Kanazawa%20alone.jpg[/img]


I always find it to be a great way to get rid of frustrations. ^_^

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='25 April 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1272220644' post='2099787']
I always find it to be a great way to get rid of frustrations. ^_^
[/quote]
Your FB friend might suggest Zen meditation.

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/zen.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/med.jpg[/IMG]

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='25 April 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1272221031' post='2099790']
Your FB friend might suggest Zen meditation.

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/zen.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/med.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
They'd probably suggest tree hugging, but you're close. :P

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='25 April 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1272221197' post='2099794']
They'd probably suggest tree hugging, but you're close. :P
[/quote]
Now I have to post the classic video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUDEmMjC-c[/media]

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='25 April 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1272221434' post='2099797']
Now I have to post the classic video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUDEmMjC-c[/media]
[/quote]
:yes: Good call. That deserves to be reposted now and again.

Posted

I would totally pwn you all in a karate match.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Era Might' date='25 April 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1272221670' post='2099801']
I would totally pwn you all in a karate match.
[/quote]
Tsuruoka sensei disagrees with your assessment.
[img]http://www.greenstone.ca/Portals/0/Residential_Life/Recreation_Leisure/Longlac-Geraldton%20Karate/scan0204.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.shitoryu.org/bios/tsumara/images/masami1.jpg[/img]

IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='25 April 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1272221434' post='2099797']
Now I have to post the classic video.

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUDEmMjC-c"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tFUDEmMjC-c[/url][/media]
[/quote]

Ah, I see you've met my family. LOL

Actually, my family is not this bad (as far as I know, since I AM 2,000 miles away). Even my close relatives made fun of the people in Berkeley who were living in trees to prevent the trees from being cut down to make way for new construction. It wasn't as if the planners were intending to "clear cut" every tree in Berkeley. Berkeley, despite being urban, still has some lovely and large forested (and protected) areas.

I think that's one reason I like Chicago. For a good part of the year, it's too cold and/or wet to even consider living in a tree.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola
Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='25 April 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1272222310' post='2099815']
Ah, I see you've met my family. LOL

Actually, my family is not this bad (as far as I know, since I AM 2,000 miles away). Even my close relatives made fun of the people in Berkeley who were living in trees to prevent them being cut down to make way for new construction. It wasn't as if the planners were intending to "clear cut" every tree in Berkeley. Berkeley, despite being urban, still has some lovely and large forested (and protected) areas.

I think that's one reason I like Chicago. For a good part of the year, it's too cold and/or wet to even consider living in a tree.
[/quote]
Living in a tree would rock. They should get one of these sphere houses.

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/t17.jpg[/IMG]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Better yet, we should all move into tree spheres in order to minimize our ecological footprint. If Obama was a real liberal he'd outlaw cars and implement the tree sphere program along with tearing down our cities and planting trees.


Home Sweet Home*

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/product_wood_sphere.jpg[/IMG]

* [i]Government property, mandatory, and heavily taxed.[/i]

IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='25 April 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1272222552' post='2099817']
Living in a tree would rock. They should get one of these sphere houses.

[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/t17.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I've never seen "sphere houses" like these. These look VERY cool.

Don't get me wrong. My fantasy would be to have a small house in a forested area where the trees were so thick you couldn't see (or, more importantly, hear) your neighbors.

And, I'd love to live in a "tree house," as long as it had a roof and walls, and some basic amenities.

But, camping out on a platform in a tree for months, with little shelter from the elements, doesn't appeal to me. Of course, the Berkeley "tree people" were on West Coast of California, where it normally doesn't rain from roughly April to October, and the weather (at least near the coast) is quite temperate.

Or maybe what bothers me more is that the "tree people" were actively looking for attention and press. I'd want to live in a tree or in a thick forest for the privacy and the quiet, and all the animals living nearby. The last thing I'd want to do is draw attention to myself.

That may be the only problem with the "sphere houses." They are TOO cool. People would always be driving or walking by, or trying to look inside.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola
Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='25 April 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1272223543' post='2099823']
Don't get me wrong. My fantasy would be to have a small house in a forested area where the trees were so thick you couldn't see (or, more importantly, hear) your neighbors.

And, I'd love to live in a "tree house" with a roof and walls, and some basic amenities.
[/quote]
Same here. :woot:

Posted

epic thread :mellow:

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Christie_M' date='25 April 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1272224241' post='2099827']
epic thread :mellow:
[/quote]
Kanazawa Hirokazu sensei and Nishiyama Hidetaka sensei agree with you. :yes:
[img]http://www.fightingmaster.com/legends/kanazawa/kanazawakumite.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.karatebrno.cz/img/Nishiyama.jpg[/img]

Marie-Therese
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Lil Red' date='25 April 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1272216515' post='2099755']
+JMJ+
give me negatives.

i'm tired of people's baloney.

and by baloney, i mean the other word i can't say.
[/quote]

I'm not giving you negatives. There is so much mind boggling cr[i][/i]ap on PM right now it's beginning to make me think that the seals have started breaking. :blink:

Is there any particular baloney you're tired of? If so, I can unleash my fierce rubber hose style of debate on the target of your choice. :yes:

Edited by Marie-Therese
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='25 April 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1272216515' post='2099755']
+JMJ+
give me negatives.

i'm tired of people's baloney.

and by baloney, i mean the other word i can't say.
[/quote]
explain yourself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...