Hassan Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='14 June 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1276562156' post='2128931'] That is by and large quite true. [/quote] Beer isn't my favorite. I drank a half gallon during the World Cup match against England and it still took another few shots of Rum to get a really good buzz. So for low alcohol drinks I go only by taste and not for the alcohol itself. I think Cider has a better taste. Maybe some people like beer for the taste in itself. I really don't. Really dark beer and Ale are good as far as beer go. I had red ale during the World Cup and thought it was too sweet.
aalpha1989 Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='14 June 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1276562506' post='2128938'] Beer isn't my favorite. I drank a half gallon during the World Cup match against England and it still took another few shots of Rum to get a really good buzz. So for low alcohol drinks I go only by taste and not for the alcohol itself. I think Cider has a better taste. Maybe some people like beer for the taste in itself. I really don't. Really dark beer and Ale are good as far as beer go. I had red ale during the World Cup and thought it was too sweet. [/quote] Maybe you don't like it because you're not drinking it for the right reasons?
Nihil Obstat Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='14 June 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1276562506' post='2128938'] Beer isn't my favorite. I drank a half gallon during the World Cup match against England and it still took another few shots of Rum to get a really good buzz. So for low alcohol drinks I go only by taste and not for the alcohol itself. I think Cider has a better taste. Maybe some people like beer for the taste in itself. I really don't. Really dark beer and Ale are good as far as beer go. I had red ale during the World Cup and thought it was too sweet. [/quote] One drinks Guinness for the manly factor, IMO.
laetitia crucis Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='14 June 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1276563673' post='2128958'] One drinks Guinness for the manly factor, IMO. [/quote] I just like the taste of Guinness....
Nihil Obstat Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='laetitia crucis' date='14 June 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1276567539' post='2129038'] I just like the taste of Guinness.... [/quote] Thereby proving your manliness.
laetitia crucis Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='14 June 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1276567560' post='2129040'] Thereby proving your manliness. [/quote] Just as long as it doesn't promise "to make hair grown on one's chest", as my father used to say of various "manly" foods/beverages... like hard liquor. Hahaha!
Nihil Obstat Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='laetitia crucis' date='14 June 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1276568202' post='2129058'] Just as long as it doesn't promise "to make hair grown on one's chest", as my father used to say of various "manly" foods/beverages... like hard liquor. Hahaha! [/quote] Don't worry- nobody is ever going to know.
the_rev Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 Benjamin Franklin (by no means a saint) said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Tridenteen Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [indent][indent] JMJ I'm a minor Beer is cool Quotes rock Do Rexi and I count as members? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img] [/indent][/indent]
Old_Joe Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 (edited) I've always liked the quote from Friar Tuck in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER." Edited June 15, 2010 by Old_Joe
dominicansoul Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Socrates' date='14 June 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1276562364' post='2128935'] That's funny, because the whole "alcohol is evil" "temperance movement" thing was a [i]Protestant[/i] movement. There are still a lot of Protestant sects that teach that any and all alcohol is use inherently sinful (those "Jesus used grape juice" types). Oddly, I've heard the "Catholics don't drink" line before. People must confuse us with the Mormons or something. [/quote] the evangelical protestants i work with INSIST that Jesus drank an ancient form of grape juice and not what we know today as "wine."
aalpha1989 Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 I like the taste, too, laetitia. For all the gov. officials reading my posts, I drank guinness legally while in Ireland/UK.
Sojourner Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 What the heck, while we're at it, why don't we also do Phatmass bongs? All those people who are healthy or who don't live in California are just out of luck. If you are sick and live in California, you can legally enjoy marijuana in moderation. Hopefully you can afford the good stuff. We could have Genesis 1:29 inscribed on our bongs: "God also said, 'Look, to you I give all the seed-bearing plants everywhere on the surface of the earth ... ." I've heard tell that it can put you in a worshipful state, so it has to be holy, right? I myself have never inhaled, so I wouldn't know.
goldenchild17 Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Terra Firma' date='14 June 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1276577191' post='2129148'] What the heck, while we're at it, why don't we also do Phatmass bongs? All those people who are healthy or who don't live in California are just out of luck. If you are sick and live in California, you can legally enjoy marijuana in moderation. Hopefully you can afford the good stuff. We could have Genesis 1:29 inscribed on our bongs: "God also said, 'Look, to you I give all the seed-bearing plants everywhere on the surface of the earth ... ." I've heard tell that it can put you in a worshipful state, so it has to be holy, right? I myself have never inhaled, so I wouldn't know. [/quote] wait a minute, I detect sarcasm... nvm then
goldenchild17 Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z191/Saphira67_2007/lolcat.jpg[/img]
MIKolbe Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Terra Firma' date='15 June 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1276577191' post='2129148'] What the heck, while we're at it, why don't we also do Phatmass bongs? All those people who are healthy or who don't live in California are just out of luck. If you are sick and live in California, you can legally enjoy marijuana in moderation. Hopefully you can afford the good stuff. We could have Genesis 1:29 inscribed on our bongs: "God also said, 'Look, to you I give all the seed-bearing plants everywhere on the surface of the earth ... ." I've heard tell that it can put you in a worshipful state, so it has to be holy, right? I myself have never inhaled, so I wouldn't know. [/quote] we'll send the first one to you.
laetitia crucis Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' date='14 June 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1276572595' post='2129116'] the evangelical protestants i work with INSIST that Jesus drank an ancient form of grape juice and not what we know today as "wine." [/quote] I remember hearing [i]exactly[/i] that in my Pentecostal days.
Socrates Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='aalpha1989' date='14 June 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1276562129' post='2128930'] It's ok, but I don't know why one would ever drink cider when one could drink Guinness. [/quote] Why would anyone drink Guinness when they could be enjoying a [url="http://www.paulaner.de/"]Paulaner[/url]?
ardillacid Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [quote name='Terra Firma' date='15 June 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1276577191' post='2129148'] What the heck, while we're at it, why don't we also do Phatmass bongs? All those people who are healthy or who don't live in California are just out of luck. If you are sick and live in California, you can legally enjoy marijuana in moderation. Hopefully you can afford the good stuff. We could have Genesis 1:29 inscribed on our bongs: "God also said, 'Look, to you I give all the seed-bearing plants everywhere on the surface of the earth ... ." I've heard tell that it can put you in a worshipful state, so it has to be holy, right? I myself have never inhaled, so I wouldn't know. [/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now