Hassan Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='23 July 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1279911928' post='2146935'] HCF-- I am really delighted that this matter is resolved. Since there is really nothing more to discuss in this thread, I'm going to close it before it desolves into bickering. [/quote] Dissolves
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='23 July 2010 - 04:24 PM' timestamp='1279913065' post='2146943'] Dissolves [/quote] Actually I think that's a typo and she meant "devolves."
Resurrexi Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='23 July 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1279913093' post='2146944'] My thread got closed. [/quote] And the Host didn't end up being consumed.
Hassan Posted July 23, 2010 Author Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='HisChildForever' date='23 July 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1279913093' post='2146944'] My thread got closed. [/quote] [quote name='Resurrexi' date='23 July 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1279913210' post='2146947'] And the Host didn't end up being consumed. [/quote] Really? We are going to let my thread dissolve into this? I've never had a thread closed, and I'd like to keep it that way thank you very much [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='23 July 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1279913203' post='2146946'] Actually I think that's a typo and she meant "devolves." [/quote] It's a typo either way
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='23 July 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1279913335' post='2146949'] It's a typo either way [/quote] Yeah, but "devolve" makes way more sense in her post than "dissolve."
Hassan Posted July 23, 2010 Author Posted July 23, 2010 (edited) [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='23 July 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1279913596' post='2146951'] Yeah, but "devolve" makes way more sense in her post than "dissolve." [/quote] Her original spelling was much closer to dissolve than to devolve. Sometimes elderly people get words mixed up in their head so I thought that I'd just roll with what she originally intended, wrong as it was. Edited July 23, 2010 by Hassan
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='23 July 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1279913678' post='2146953'] Her original spelling was much closer to dissolve than to devolve. Sometimes elderly people get words mixed up in their head so I thought that I'd just roll with what she originally intended, wrong as it was. [/quote] "Devolve" is only one letter off, "dissolve" is 2.
Hassan Posted July 23, 2010 Author Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='23 July 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1279913831' post='2146956'] "Devolve" is only one letter off, "dissolve" is 2. [/quote] Elitist
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I'm just waiting for HSMom to come in and say which word she meant.
Hassan Posted July 23, 2010 Author Posted July 23, 2010 I would like to point out that a substitution of an "i" for an "e" is not uncommon, since they both are in analagous positions on the keyboard. The brain mistakenly has the right hand do what the left was supposed to, or vice versa. There is no logical reason that HSMom would mistake an "s" for a "v"
Lil Red Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='23 July 2010 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1279913335' post='2146949'] I've never had a thread closed, [/quote] never?
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='23 July 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1279914011' post='2146960'] There is no logical reason that HSMom would mistake an "s" for a "v" [/quote] I do stuff like that all the time. Especially when I am typing fast and have kids hanging around.
Hassan Posted July 23, 2010 Author Posted July 23, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Lil Red' date='23 July 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1279914041' post='2146961'] never? [/quote] When you have quality posts like I do, people cannot get enough. Closing one of my threads would be like putting the Mona Lisa behind some hum-drum drapes. [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='23 July 2010 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1279914186' post='2146962'] I do stuff like that all the time. Especially when I am typing fast and have kids hanging around. [/quote] How dare you drag hsmom down to your level? [quote name='hot stuff' date='23 July 2010 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1279914201' post='2146963'] she's not big on spelling [/quote] Edited July 23, 2010 by Hassan
Lil Red Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='23 July 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1279914332' post='2146964'] When you have quality posts like I do, [/quote]
Jaime Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='23 July 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1279913210' post='2146947'] And the Host didn't end up being consumed. [/quote] nor was it disposed of.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='23 July 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1279914332' post='2146964'] How dare you drag hsmom down to your level? [/quote] We're both homeschooling moms?
HisChildForever Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='23 July 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1279915028' post='2146976'] nor was it disposed of. [/quote] What? The nun left to go do it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now