Nihil Obstat Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='08 August 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1281280352' post='2154134'] You're getting warmer. [/quote] Um......... iced tea?
Moosey Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 (edited) *double post* Edited August 8, 2010 by Moosey
Nihil Obstat Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='08 August 2010 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1281280795' post='2154137'] You derailed. [/quote] I ran out of tasty lunch foods. There's homemade lasagna.
Moosey Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 If you knew ANYTHING than you have known that 95% of the female population would do many things for a 75% dark chocolate bar.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='08 August 2010 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1281281234' post='2154139'] If you knew ANYTHING than you have known that 95% of the female population would do many things for a 75% dark chocolate bar. [/quote] Egads woman! I don't like you [i]that[/i] much.
Moosey Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 August 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1281281336' post='2154140'] Egads woman! I don't like you [i]that[/i] much. [/quote] Oh I know, you've told me before. It was worth a try anyway.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 8, 2010 Author Posted August 8, 2010 When I started this thread, I never meant for it to turn into a flirting session between Nihil and Moosey, but I think it's kind of, well, sweet. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/tomato.gif[/img] Moosey--I don't know you very well, but you seem intelligent, witty, and nice. And, Nihil needs a woman--bad. If I lived in a Polish or Russian village, I'd be the yenta. On the other hand, as one of my friends once said, "The mating rituals of all species are often inexplicable and strange."
MIKolbe Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 wow.. you're right... you dont know moosey very well....
Moosey Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 Lol, you'd be surprised how against the arrangement Nihil is. I wish we lived in a Russian village. That'd be boss (minus the arranged marriage thing).
Moosey Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 August 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1281292090' post='2154177'] wow.. you're right... you dont know moosey very well.... [/quote]
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 8, 2010 Author Posted August 8, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Moosey' date='08 August 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1281292109' post='2154178'] Lol, you'd be surprised how against the arrangement Nihil is. I wish we lived in a Russian village. That'd be boss (minus the arranged marriage thing). [/quote] Methinks Nihil doth protest too much. Yeah arranged marriages would be a negative--particularly if you never got to meet the person beforehand. On the other hand, sometimes dating smells of elderberries and an arranged marriage (to which you would have the full power to object) doesn't sound ALL bad. If my parents had had the power to arrange marriages, although they have never said this, I know exactly who they would have had me marry (the son of my father's best friend). He grew up to be intelligent, nice, successful, and VERY good looking--even heterosexual. So, maybe I would have done better with him, than the husband I picked on my own (huge mistake). On the other hand, the guy my parents would have wanted me to marry might have objected to ME as not being good enough for him. (His wife is VERY attractive.) So, nothing is perfect. Edited August 8, 2010 by IgnatiusofLoyola
Moosey Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='08 August 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1281292702' post='2154182'] Methinks Nihil doth protest too much. [/quote] You may be right. He has legitimate concerns so I can't say that I blame him. [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='08 August 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1281292702' post='2154182'] Yeah arranged marriages would be a negative--particularly if you never got to meet the person beforehand. On the other hand, sometimes dating smells of elderberries and an arranged marriage (to which you would have the full power to object) doesn't sound ALL bad. If my parents had had the power to arrange marriages, although they have never said this, I know exactly who they would have had me marry (the son of my father's best friend). He grew up to be intelligent, nice, successful, and VERY good looking--even heterosexual. So, maybe I would have done better with him, than the husband I picked on my own (huge mistake). On the other hand, the guy my parents would have wanted me to marry might have objected to ME as not being good enough for him. (His wife is VERY attractive.) So, nothing is perfect. [/quote] Wow, that stinks
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 8, 2010 Author Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 August 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1281292090' post='2154177'] wow.. you're right... you dont know moosey very well.... [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img] [/quote] MIKolbe, although you are wise in many things, and I adore you (in a totally platonic way that would only amuse (not offend) your wife), you would make a crummy yenta. Thank goodness for Moosey that you are already spoken for.
Moosey Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='08 August 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1281292982' post='2154185'] MIKolbe, although you are wise in many things, and I adore you (in a totally platonic way that would only amuse (not offend) your wife), you would make a crummy yenta. [b]Thank goodness for Moosey that you are already spoken for. [/b][/quote] Don't talk like that.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 8, 2010 Author Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='08 August 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1281292973' post='2154184'] He has legitimate concerns so I can't say that I blame him. [/quote] Many of Nihil's "legitimate" concerns are all in his imagination or he has made them more important than they are. I will hit him upside the head the next time we talk. Trust me--Nihil wants (and needs) a woman--bad. But, he is scared, so he only goes for women he has adored from afar, or who live so far away that they are not a threat. Like most men his age, he is very scared. Also, unfortunately women grow up faster than men, so he may be too young. However, Nihil shows wisdom far beyond his years, so the "too young" ideally would apply less to him. Unfortunately, it's the very intelligent, but really nice guys who are the biggest noobs with women. Guys with the IQ of a mailbox can't see why women wouldn't be falling all over them. Intelligent guys see their faults and weaknesses and magnify them out of proportion.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 8, 2010 Author Posted August 8, 2010 [quote name='Moosey' date='08 August 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1281293071' post='2154186'] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif[/img] Don't talk like that. [/quote] Sorry, what did I say? You lost me. I wish MIKolbe wasn't spoken for, but, hey, that's life. Plus, I'm old enough to be his babysistter. So, platonic is cool, I can live with that.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 8, 2010 Author Posted August 8, 2010 (edited) Duplicate post. Why is the system doing this? Edited August 8, 2010 by IgnatiusofLoyola
Moosey Posted August 8, 2010 Posted August 8, 2010 Welp, I'm not going to wait around for the epiphany. I don't have that many good years left in me
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 8, 2010 Author Posted August 8, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Moosey' date='08 August 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1281293824' post='2154191'] Welp, I'm not going to wait around for the epiphany. I don't have that many good years left in me [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img] [/quote] Nihil's epiphany? Yeah, I think that's wise. Sometimes the smartest, nicest guys are the slowest, and the most clueless. He'll get there, but he's going to wander around like an idiot for a few years. Might keep him humble. But, frustrating for the women around him. I still don't understand your comment after I said MIKolbe was spoken for, but that's cool. You know I wasn't trying to be offensive or mean. Wait until you get a little older. ALL the good ones seem to be taken. I've decided I'd rather be single than be married to a guy who drives a snowplow and scratches his beer belly. Silly, I know, because I'm in no position to be fussy, but I still have my limits. One positive note--All my workmates that it seemed like would never get married actually did, but some had to wait until their 30's. Some great guys are REALLY slow. But, suddenly the slow guys got hit with the urge to get married, and my co-workers were in the right place at the right time. Edited August 8, 2010 by IgnatiusofLoyola
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now