Lil Red Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' timestamp='1281983803' post='2158329'] Rexi, I really have no interest in convincing you of anything. I will say this, I am reconsidering my decision not to post in the Dormition thread, because I know how my rejection of the Western theory of the Immaculate Conception would annoy you. God grant you many joyful years, Todd [/quote]
Apotheoun Posted August 16, 2010 Author Posted August 16, 2010 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1281983637' post='2158324'] so, about that tag? [/quote] Yes, which color is best?
Lil Red Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' timestamp='1281983849' post='2158331'] Yes, which color is best? [/quote] blue, but of course.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 I think either a really dark blue, or a deep red.
Jaime Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 I thought you were all about ignoring the tags? Why are you giving yourself one? [quote name='Apotheoun' timestamp='1279838053' post='2146443'] Yes, that is why it is best to ignore the tags. [/quote]
Apotheoun Posted August 16, 2010 Author Posted August 16, 2010 (edited) [quote name='j[color="#000000"]a[/color]ime' timestamp='1281986360' post='2158355'] I thought you were all about ignoring the tags? [/quote] I am opposed to tags that signify something unverifiable, e.g., whether or not a person is theologically orthodox. [quote name='j[color="#000000"]a[/color]ime' timestamp='1281986360' post='2158355'] Why are you giving yourself one?[/quote] My tag stands for something objective, i.e., the fact that I am a canonical member of an Eastern Catholic Church. Moreover, since I am an Eastern Christian some of my posts may be hard for a Western Christian, especially those who are unfamiliar with the theological differences between the East and the West, to understand (see [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=107534&view=findpost&p=2158154"]Dormition Post #2[/url] and [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=107534&view=findpost&p=2158159"]Post #4[/url]). The Eastern Christian group tag would visually assist the reader by letting him know that I - and anyone else who had the tag - represent a distinct doctrinal, spiritual, and liturgical patrimony. P.S. - I did suggest that the tags be done away with, and I still think that is best, but I am not the owner of this phorum. Edited August 16, 2010 by Apotheoun
hope&memory Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1281981227' post='2158259'] "Red is used in icons to represent humanity and the saving nature of the resurrection. It is the color of blood and thereby signifies life on earth. Blue signifies the heavens and the kingdom of God not on this earth. Byzantine icons of the Theotokos show her with red outer garments and blue ones on the inside. This signifies her original human nature by the red and her heavenly nature by the blue. Icons of Christ will show him with Blue outer clothing and red inner clothing. Signifying his Heavenly origins and earthly existence as being secondary." [url="http://www.troparia.com/icons.htm"]http://www.troparia.com/icons.htm[/url] [/quote] So red for the tag, right? We aren't divine yet.
let_go_let_God Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 I voted Red. Aside from some of the above mentioned reasons, it would match dUSt's new color pallet that he gave us. God bless- LGLG
Slappo Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 Green. It is the color of Mother Earth from which all good things flow
Tridenteen Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1281989193' post='2158376'] Green. It is the color of Mother Earth from which all good things flow [/quote] JMJ you stick with that thought:blink:
MIKolbe Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 the eastern tag looks small. is the tag going to be sized as the others? if not, you may want to consider a more legible font....
Apotheoun Posted August 16, 2010 Author Posted August 16, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1281990987' post='2158398'] the eastern tag looks small. is the tag going to be sized as the others? if not, you may want to consider a more legible font.... [/quote] It is small because I added it to my avatar. Dust is of course free to alter the font. Here is a full size image of the Eastern Christian tag: [img]http://sites.google.com/site/thetaboriclight/metamorphosis/ec_cross.png[/img]
Tridenteen Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 JMJ Ooh. Apo, can you make a Tridentine Rite one? I'z gonna add it to my avatar
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 17, 2010 Posted August 17, 2010 I propose: 1. A tag for serious trekkies 2. A tag for fans of Dr. Who 3. A tag for serious trekkies who are also fans of Dr. Who 4. A tag for serious fans of Godzilla movies 5. A tag for serious trekkies who are also serious fans of Godzilla movies 6. A tag for fans of Dr. Who who are also serious fans of Godzilla movies 7. A tag for serious trekkies who are also fans of Dr. Who and serious fans of Godzilla movies 8. A tag for lovers of authentic Mexican food 9. A tag for serious trekkies who are also . . . et cetera. Yah?
MIKolbe Posted August 17, 2010 Posted August 17, 2010 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1281982384' post='2158286'] maybe he took an off day and his wife filled in for him. (get it? filled in! hahaha) [/quote]
Hilde Posted August 17, 2010 Posted August 17, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' timestamp='1281993878' post='2158449'] JMJ Ooh. Apo, can you make a Tridentine Rite one? I'z gonna add it to my avatar [/quote] That would be super. A TLM fan one. I just want a tag. Really.
Jaime Posted August 17, 2010 Posted August 17, 2010 [quote name='Tridenteen' timestamp='1281993878' post='2158449'] JMJ Ooh. Apo, can you make a Tridentine Rite one? I'z gonna add it to my avatar [/quote] [quote name='Hilde' timestamp='1282048392' post='2158826'] That would be super. A TLM fan one. I just want a tag. Really. [/quote] You guys are fans of the Tridentine rite? I did not know that. Why haven't you ever mentioned it? Wow we could use some more tags.
MIKolbe Posted August 18, 2010 Posted August 18, 2010 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1282030718' post='2158778'] I propose: 1. A tag for serious trekkies 2. A tag for fans of Dr. Who 3. A tag for serious trekkies who are also fans of Dr. Who 4. A tag for serious fans of Godzilla movies 5. A tag for serious trekkies who are also serious fans of Godzilla movies 6. A tag for fans of Dr. Who who are also serious fans of Godzilla movies 7. A tag for serious trekkies who are also fans of Dr. Who and serious fans of Godzilla movies 8. A tag for lovers of authentic Mexican food 9. A tag for serious trekkies who are also . . . et cetera. Yah? [/quote] there is an odd, nerdy wisdom in the above post. i like it
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 18, 2010 Posted August 18, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1282135619' post='2159467'] there is an odd, nerdy wisdom in the above post. i like it [/quote] [IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/dazzle.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/variosity/rainbow.gif[/IMG]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now