An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Think You Will Love About Religious Life

Hilde

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284838601' post='2174307']
Ooo.. I'm guessing the [url="http://www.icrsp.org/Adoratrices/Adoratrices.htm"]Adoratrices[/url]!!

:nun2:
[/quote]

I think thats a good guess. But do they have a big kitchen for 70 people?

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1284859711' post='2174432']
I think thats a good guess. But do they have a big kitchen for 70 people?
[/quote]

Ooooh... good question.

This requires further pondering... :think:

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284859839' post='2174436']
Ooooh... good question.

This requires further pondering... :think:
[/quote]

sounds beautiful... benedictine maybe?

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1284834360' post='2174292']
What do I think I would like about religious life IF I ever became a religious? Well it would be a miracle, or almost one anyway if I ever made it but here is what I would like.

To be able to give Him my heart, my all and to let Him make something that pleases Him out of the pile of excrement that I am.
To take the spikes out of His hands and feet which He did not deserve and have them in my own, which deserve them faaar more. To take the thorns, the beatings, the hatred and by doing so give Him some relief, some comfort, something other than to add to His agony which is what I used to do. He is innocent I am guilty I deserve His sentence, so in religious life I could do my time in a more consecrated way than now.
[/quote]

How beautiful and profound my sister... I too ditto what you say. Come to Carmel....:buddies:

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1284832771' post='2174287']
Wow ... can you say what community it is or is it a secret ? ;-)
[/quote]

oh so much guessing ;) Actually I would like to keep it a secret, at least "in the public". But I will write you a private message :)

And for everybody, no it are neither the Adoratrices nor Benedictines. But pretty monastic, although not with a strict enclosure (they eat with the guests in the common refectory and I as an aspirant can walk in the enclosure)

[quote name='juchu' timestamp='1284928167' post='2174670']
oh so much guessing ;) Actually I would like to keep it a secret, at least "in the public". But I will write you a private message :)

And for everybody, no it are neither the Adoratrices nor Benedictines. But pretty monastic, although not with a strict enclosure (they eat with the guests in the common refectory and I as an aspirant can walk in the enclosure)
[/quote]

So I am guessing they are in France... Can we know the geographical location? (or a city/town close by?)

Ok what I think I will love about Religious Life
[list=1][*]Being able to go sit with Jesus anytime (day or night)[*]Saying the Liturgy of the hours in choir[*]Living with others who understand what I mean when I talk about being completely in love with our Lord[*]Saying the Rosay in Latin[*]Wearing my bridal gown everyday[*]Not having to worry about what to wear cause it's the same habit (well youu know what I mean)[*]Evangelizing others and not feeling weird about it.[*]Praying the rosay in the middle of the day without having to hide what I am doing with non-religious around.[*]Not stressing about checking facebook or emails.[/list]

:w00t: :love: Wow!

Being in a Catholic environment with Jesus in the Tabernacle, all day! The constant attention and prayer to Jesus.

Praying and singing together.

Mass and Adoration everyday.

The freedom and joy of poverty, obediance and chastity.

Having a structured day (this will be difficult at times).

Community and fellowship.

Putting hearts desires and talents to use in apostolate.

Knowing I'm always DOING THE WILL OF GOD at every moment. :)

All the help I need to grow as a person, being more who I truly am, and growing in Holiness.

The joy and laughter!

I'll probably be adding more later. :)

I love making lists. Lists are so helpful. :)

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1284945703' post='2174763']
:w00t: :love: Wow!

Being in a Catholic environment with Jesus in the Tabernacle, all day! The constant attention and prayer to Jesus.

Praying and singing together.

Mass and Adoration everyday.

The freedom and joy of poverty, obediance and chastity.

Having a structured day (this will be difficult at times).

Community and fellowship.

Putting hearts desires and talents to use in apostolate.

Knowing I'm always DOING THE WILL OF GOD at every moment. :)

All the help I need to grow as a person, being more who I truly am, and growing in Holiness.

The joy and laughter!

I'll probably be adding more later. :)

I love making lists. Lists are so helpful. :)
[/quote]

aah the Joy and Laughter

Edited by HopefulBride

The deep sense of satisfaction and completeness.

Although I have many doubts and torture myself a lot, the memory of that experience is what has kept me from giving up on discernment.

AccountDeleted

I'm looking forward to getting back there. I miss my sisters. When I told them I would be arriving at 10am on Our Holy Mother's feast day, they said that was good because I would be in time for the party! We always have a party for the midday meal on a Solemnity, and eat in the kitchen at a big table and have Recreation at the same time. I am so looking forward to that. :nun2:

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284985636' post='2174825']
I'm looking forward to getting back there. I miss my sisters. When I told them I would be arriving at 10am on Our Holy Mother's feast day, they said that was good because I would be in time for the party! We always have a party for the midday meal on a Solemnity, and eat in the kitchen at a big table and have Recreation at the same time. I am so looking forward to that. :nun2:
[/quote]

Nunsense, you have less than 30 days! wooooooooooooooooooooow

• 11 months later...
FutureSister2009

I think I will love just being united completely with Christ and living in a community of Sisters who have the same desires and actually having a structured schedule of prayer. I'm hoping to set a good example for young girls