eustace scrubb Posted August 19, 2010 Posted August 19, 2010 Is he constantly on the radio or something? I wouldn't know. I only listen to the radio if I'm riding in someone's car. And I don't watch TV, except during football season or when I'm over someone's house. To hear a band like Muse, I have to watch them on youtube (until I buy their CD, of course...).
eustace scrubb Posted August 19, 2010 Author Posted August 19, 2010 Btw this is not prompted by posts on here. It's because on every video that I watch on youtube, at least one person is complaining about the guy.
Hilde Posted August 19, 2010 Posted August 19, 2010 I think some people think they're cool if they're hating, I dunno. I guess if one is a listener of the radio or whatever the kids call it these days, one is subjected to his music. But I think people should just let it go anyways. If you don't like the dude, why click his youtube videos or whatever. Makes no sense to me. I don't really care much about what's going on with him, but I don't hate.
eustace scrubb Posted August 19, 2010 Author Posted August 19, 2010 [quote name='Hilde' timestamp='1282243758' post='2160158'] I think some people think they're cool if they're hating, I dunno. I guess if one is a listener of the radio or whatever the kids call it these days, one is subjected to his music. But I think people should just let it go anyways. If you don't like the dude, why click his youtube videos or whatever. Makes no sense to me. I don't really care much about what's going on with him, but I don't hate. [/quote] Well yeah, that's obviously part of it, but I don't know what's prompting all the h8e...
Nihil Obstat Posted August 19, 2010 Posted August 19, 2010 The music is lame. Besides that he's really no worse than any other lame artist with too much airtime.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 19, 2010 Posted August 19, 2010 I listen to slow bieber... the rest is just trite falsetto quips about 'love' and some such. Not worth the time or the hype.
LaPetiteSoeur Posted August 19, 2010 Posted August 19, 2010 It's the constant falscetto. I thought Justin Beiber was a girl, and that his last name was Beaver for weeks (of course my little sister corrected me!)
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 19, 2010 Posted August 19, 2010 I only have the vaguest idea who Justin Bieber is--I know he is some kind of entertainer and that he is very young. That's enough. Somehow, I doubt my life will be incomplete if I never learn anything more about him.
Apotheoun Posted August 19, 2010 Posted August 19, 2010 I don't hate him, but then I don't know anyone named Justin Bieber.
goldenchild17 Posted August 19, 2010 Posted August 19, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1282245865' post='2160201'] The music is lame [/quote] NO!!!! [img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l08fsiOQbI1qz7xrqo1_400.gif[/img] Edited August 19, 2010 by goldenchild17
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 20, 2010 Posted August 20, 2010 is that a picture of him? i'm so out of tune with preteen music crazes these days...
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 20, 2010 Posted August 20, 2010 Geez, if that is Jason Bieber, he looks about 12. How old is he? If I were a fan, I'd feel like a pedophile.
goldenchild17 Posted August 20, 2010 Posted August 20, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1282264152' post='2160370'] Geez, if that is Jason Bieber, he looks about 12. How old is he? If I were a fan, I'd feel like a pedophile. [/quote] 16, apparently
Ora et Labora Posted August 20, 2010 Posted August 20, 2010 Hahaha this thread made me laugh. Justin is juust as pathetic as all the others out there...I think people hate on him specifically because it's just WHAT to do right now. He's no worse then others I don't think. Just a bunch of relativistic lyrics that made pre-teens go crazy, lol.
StMichael Posted August 28, 2010 Posted August 28, 2010 He is a Canadian. He is heavily backed by Usher and a music exec named L.A. Ried (he took over for Clive Davis at Arista, didn't do a real good job). The backlash has a lot to do with the heavy promotion and the street creditability his backers are trying to associate with him. It is a stretch. It also doesn't hurt that he has 2 albums out that both went platinum.
Jesus_lol Posted August 28, 2010 Posted August 28, 2010 [quote name='StMichael' timestamp='1282971606' post='2164402'] He is a Canadian. He is heavily backed by Usher and a music exec named L.A. Ried (he took over for Clive Davis at Arista, didn't do a real good job). The backlash has a lot to do with the heavy promotion and the street creditability his backers are trying to associate with him. It is a stretch. It also doesn't hurt that he has 2 albums out that both went platinum. [/quote] or that he is so lame he named both albums "My World"
Tridenteen Posted August 28, 2010 Posted August 28, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1282976010' post='2164421'] he looks like he can pass for a female? [/quote] JMJ yeah no kidding:blink:
homeschoolmom Posted August 28, 2010 Posted August 28, 2010 Oh, I think all this hatin' on Justin Bieber is silly, honestly. I mean, if he's not your cup of tea, fine and dandy-- his demographic is people who listen to RADIO DISNEY. So, yeah. I can really understand people not being into his music-- I get that. I don't get the HATE. I think it's sorta like when kids outgrow Barney or Sesame Street and then they feel threatened by the fact that they used to like it-- so they constantly talk about how lame those shows are. So, um yeah... we are among the Radio Disney demographic around here... so, I've heard more than my fair share of vaious and sundry JB songs-- and a variety of others. It's the same kind of stuff I annoyed my parents with when I was a preteen. It's a fad. I don't even think I hear him all that much anymore.... I'm not threatened by it. I don't hate it. Would I listen to it when I'm alone in the car-- no. But please, hate? That's silly. (I wouldn't mind if he got a haircut though.)
Semper Catholic Posted August 29, 2010 Posted August 29, 2010 [quote name='StMichael' timestamp='1282971606' post='2164402'] He is a Canadian. He is heavily backed by Usher and a music exec named L.A. Ried (he took over for Clive Davis at Arista, didn't do a real good job). The backlash has a lot to do with the heavy promotion and the street creditability his backers are trying to associate with him. It is a stretch. It also doesn't hurt that he has 2 albums out that both went platinum. [/quote] That and the ridiculous haircut, and singing about "True Love" when he's a little kid.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now