An Old School Catholic Message Board

So I Read The Dominican Soul

vee

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1283476389' post='2167289']
TRAITOR! You will be sent to the Inquisition for such heresy - leaving the Carmelites for the Dominicans?? :nono: :hardhead:

Oh, I know what it is, you have a fever, right? You are sick or insane and need help. :wacko:

Srsly, I love the Dominicans, but a Carmelite can never run away from 'her' saints. Holy Mother Saint Teresa and Holy Father St John will send all the others after you until you recant your heresy and return to Mt Carmel.

Do you think I haven't tried to leave? Do you think I want to live a life of tears :cry4: and self-abnegation when I could be in a library reading good books :bible: and debating spiritual topics with my sisters? :scholar:

But noooooo, God calls some of us into the desert :alone: and like Jeremiah, we can't fight it even if we want to! When your heart starts burning again every time you read a quote from a Carmelite saint, or see a picture of a Carmelite nun, then what are you going to do? :hehe:

So, prithee, get thee to a (Carmelite) nunnery and enough of this delusion about Dominicans (nice as they are). If you are called to get on that empty Cross with the Beloved.... where will you run that He can't find you?:owned:

Srsly :nun3:
[/quote]

laughing hard here...go get her nunsense I'' just watch! :dance6::dance2:rotfl

TRAITOR! You will be sent to the Inquisition for such heresy - leaving the Carmelites for the Dominicans?? :nono: :hardhead:

Oh, I know what it is, you have a fever, right? You are sick or insane and need help. :wacko:

Srsly, I love the Dominicans, but a Carmelite can never run away from 'her' saints. Holy Mother Saint Teresa and Holy Father St John will send all the others after you until you recant your heresy and return to Mt Carmel.

Do you think I haven't tried to leave? Do you think I want to live a life of tears :cry4: and self-abnegation when I could be in a library reading good books :bible: and debating spiritual topics with my sisters? :scholar:

But noooooo, God calls some of us into the desert :alone: and like Jeremiah, we can't fight it even if we want to! When your heart starts burning again every time you read a quote from a Carmelite saint, or see a picture of a Carmelite nun, then what are you going to do? :hehe:

So, prithee, get thee to a (Carmelite) nunnery and enough of this delusion about Dominicans (nice as they are). If you are called to get on that empty Cross with the Beloved.... where will you run that He can't find you?:owned:

[/quote]

LOL, this is too funny! The Carmelites are awesome and for a very short time, I thought I might be called to them, but it was only a period of a few months and then I looked into the Franciscans which I REALLY thought were where I was called but...nope, God had different ideas. Dominican spirituality is where my heart is at. I love reading about the great Dominican saints such as St. Catherine and St. Rose (I refer to them often!). I will, God-willing, become a Dominican Tertiary in the near future, but I have some sorting out of my discernment to do before then. My personal life is still at the beginning after some walls were torn down by God Himself. I'm learning and I'm seeing what marvelous things He has in store for me. St. Catherine and St. Rose are my guardians and I look up to them as big sisters. :)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1283479507' post='2167315']
LOL, this is too funny! The Carmelites are awesome and for a very short time, I thought I might be called to them, but it was only a period of a few months and then I looked into the Franciscans which I REALLY thought were where I was called but...nope, God had different ideas. Dominican spirituality is where my heart is at. I love reading about the great Dominican saints such as St. Catherine and St. Rose (I refer to them often!). I will, God-willing, become a Dominican Tertiary in the near future, but I have some sorting out of my discernment to do before then. My personal life is still at the beginning after some walls were torn down by God Himself. I'm learning and I'm seeing what marvelous things He has in store for me. St. Catherine and St. Rose are my guardians and I look up to them as big sisters. :)
[/quote]

God has a very wicked sense of humor (if one can say such a thing about the all holy and all powerful God!). He overturns all our ideas and preferences and does what He wills. The good thing is that He always wills what is for our good. Gotta love Him :love:

[/quote]

:lol4:

These dominicans aren't cloistered but they have provinces in Canada, I link to their about us page that says where they are:

http://www.sistersop.com/about.html

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1283475028' post='2167277']
::hehe: :cheers:

Ah right her screen name was saint Therese, anyone know how she is doing? A quick look at their site I didnt really see anything on vocations though.

Thanks Iggy! I looked at the site for the ones in BC and maybe Im missing something again but they also dont seem to have anything about vocations. Also, and its kind of nitpicky, but I dont like how they use the word "space" when referring to the church ie they write "liturgical space." In my little world (population one) I start to get a little extra suspicious when I see that word on a religious community's site.
[/quote]

The Dominican nuns in BC are sponsored by Blessed Sacrament monastery in Farmington, MI. The BC's have one sister in formation; she's living at the Farmington monastery until final vows (I guess).

Domine ut Videam

Vee, Have you thought about the Community of St. John? They are a beautiful mix of Carmelite and Dominican. Currently there USA website is down, but here is the link to their main site: http://www.stjean.com/EN/Jeu_accueil.php

They have both active and contemplative sisters, in the USA the contemplatives are in IL and TX and the active are in NJ. But internationally they are all over!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1283475028' post='2167277']
::hehe: :cheers:
[/quote]

On that note:[url="http://lunden.katolsk.no/lunden_en.htm"]Here is their site(yes it's in English[/url])

[url="http://curia.op.org/en/"]International webpage.[/url]

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' timestamp='1283486130' post='2167342']
Vee, Have you thought about the Community of St. John? They are a beautiful mix of Carmelite and Dominican. Currently there USA website is down, but here is the link to their main site: http://www.stjean.com/EN/Jeu_accueil.php

They have both active and contemplative sisters, in the USA the contemplatives are in IL and TX and the active are in NJ. But internationally they are all over!
[/quote]

I second this. I know quite a few people who have joined the Community of St. John and this is true. I like to go on a retreat once a year down in Princeville.

The main language of the order is French, but you can learn it once you get there ;)

Yay! More links to look at, which I dont have time for right now :( Also I unfortunately dont have time to respond to that epic post nunsense! It was hilarious yet spot on.

dominicansoul

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1283521218' post='2167405']
Yay! More links to look at, which I dont have time for right now :( Also I unfortunately dont have time to respond to that epic post nunsense! It was hilarious yet spot on.
[/quote]

:shock:

sistersintigo

Monday 5 September is the election for a new Master General of the Order of Preachers aka Dominican Order,
by the Dominican General Chapter in Rome. Keep them in your prayers.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='sistersintigo' timestamp='1283527083' post='2167422']
Monday 5 September is the election for a new Master General of the Order of Preachers aka Dominican Order,
by the Dominican General Chapter in Rome. Keep them in your prayers.
[/quote]

:amen:

Oh, I know what it is, you have a fever, right? You are sick or insane and need help. :wacko:[/quote]

:lol3: rotfl Ya I could use the Divine phyisician and the Divine shrink! I do wonder if Im indeed a bit :crazy:
[quote]
Srsly, I love the Dominicans, but a Carmelite can never run away from 'her' saints. Holy Mother Saint Teresa and Holy Father St John will send all the others after you until you recant your heresy and return to Mt Carmel.[/quote] Hahahaha St Teresa already stalks me along with that pesky Therese so Im not sure how things could get any worse. Theyve overthrown my life like they have my books.

[quote]Do you think I haven't tried to leave? Do you think I want to live a life of tears [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cry4.gif[/img] and self-abnegation when I could be in a library reading good books [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/bible.gif[/img] and debating spiritual topics with my sisters? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/scholar.gif[/img]

But noooooo, God calls some of us into the desert [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/alone.gif[/img] and [b]like Jeremiah, we can't fight it even if we want to! When your heart starts burning again every time you read a quote from a Carmelite sait, nor see a picture of a Carmelite nun, then what are you going to do?[/b] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/hehe.gif[/img][/quote]

It makes more sense to me in a way that He would be calling me to read and debate. Carmel seems like too much too.... holy for me. I dont deserve religious life let alone an Order that has has so many saints that are like beyond mega holy :notworthy: The part in bold is an excellent point.I thought it might go away, I have been kind of hoping it would go away. Then I start to think Im really nuts when I dont want it to go away.
[quote]
So, prithee, get thee to a (Carmelite) nunnery and enough of this delusion about Dominicans (nice as they are). If you are called to get on that empty Cross with the Beloved.... where will you run that He can't find you?[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/owned.gif[/img] [/quote]

I know I cant run, Ive tried already in life. My priest told me to consider other Orders though so I htought I would look around again. I did before but I will do it again. I could write more but I dnt have time to once again.

Edited by vee8