An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2011

Lil Red

[quote name='let_go_let_God' timestamp='1288972732' post='2185159']
Red When will you be drawing?

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]
to be honest, I will probably draw next week. I would like to go to Confession and receive the Eucharist before I start drawing. So many amazing things happened with this last year, so I want to make sure I've got some 'armor' on, if you know what i mean.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Will you draw for me, too? I have some ideas about possible patron saints for me for the next year, but your drawing could open my mind to a new idea. (I doubt that the two most likely patron saints on my list are on yours--they are pretty obscure.)

I'm single, but currently "vowed" to two chronically ill cats, who allow me to live with them and take care of all their needs. The odds don't look good for me remarrying, but I'm very open to that "miracle."

I'm chronically ill, and mostly homebound, and would LOVE for my health to measurably improve over the next year. I also would love the "miracle" of being cured. Since that looks unlikely, I have lots of decisions and changes to make in the next year to help me better cope with my physical condition, especially emotionally. I very much need friends and other support nearby to help me.

Spiritually I am very confused, and am trying to be patient in terms of knowing what God wants from me.

I wondered why this mattered, but I am the middle of three children. (No children of my own.) All of my family are atheists, with the exception of my mother, whom I'm not sure about (and I think she'd say the same). My family lives 2,000 miles away which is both good and bad, but, on the whole, except for my mother, my relations with the individual members of my family mostly range from "not very good" to "poisonous" to "have no contact at all."

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1288983423' post='2185223']
Will you draw for me, too? I have some ideas about possible patron saints for me for the next year, but your drawing could open my mind to a new idea. (I doubt that the two most likely patron saints on my list are on yours--they are pretty obscure.)

I'm single, but currently "vowed" to two chronically ill cats, who allow me to live with them and take care of all their needs. The odds don't look good for me remarrying, but I'm very open to that "miracle."

I'm chronically ill, and mostly homebound, and would LOVE for my health to measurably improve over the next year. I also would love the "miracle" of being cured. Since that looks unlikely, I have lots of decisions and changes to make in the next year to help me better cope with my physical condition, especially emotionally. I very much need friends and other support nearby to help me.

Spiritually I am very confused, and am trying to be patient in terms of knowing what God wants from me.

I wondered why this mattered, but I am the middle of three children. (No children of my own.) All of my family are atheists, with the exception of my mother, whom I'm not sure about (and I think she'd say the same). My family lives 2,000 miles away which is both good and bad, but, on the whole, except for my mother, my relations with the individual members of my family mostly range from "not very good" to "poisonous" to "have no contact at all."
[/quote]
a reason that i ask for backgrounds (if a person is open to share) is that I pray for each person before I pray for the Holy Spirit would guide my hand in drawing a saint's name. ... something along the lines of (remembering from last year):

"Father, I thank you for this person I am drawing for. Lord, this person is really struggling right now with their family, and they are concerned for what the future holds. I ask that the Holy Spirit would pick a saint for them to look up to in these regards, someone that would pray with them and for them, someone that would help them grow closer to your Son, Jesus Christ, and ultimately union with you in heaven. Amen"

Archaeology cat

Oh, to share my one from this past year, you picked the Sacred Heart of Jesus for me, which was so fitting since I'd been feeling more drawn to a devotion to the Sacred Heart.

she_who_is_not

Lil Red,
I'd love for you to pick a saint for me again. Last year, I received St. Gianna Beretta Molla. She really helped me learn how to balance my professional life with my spiritual life and to remember to put God first in all things.

This coming year will be filled with changes. I'm finishing my graduate degree, moving, and (hopefully) starting a new career. It will be exciting, but nerve wracking for me to experience so much change.

Thanks!

[color=#595959][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=4]I would love for you/Holy Spirit to pick a patron saint for me![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#595959][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=4]I'm new to Phatmass, I'm a high school student, discerning, but pretty broadly. I'm the second to youngest out of 10 kids. :)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#595959][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=4]I'm trying to live my life for the Lord, but being a teenager in today's world is so challenging sometimes! [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#595959][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=4]Thanks. :)[/size][/font][/color]

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1289339796' post='2186028']
i will be drawing tomorrow, so i'm bumping this to remind myself.
[/quote]

yay!

If it's not too late to draw for me too I would like one! I am in my mid-20s, starting a new job and I'm scared, nervous and excited at the same time. My boyfriend and I are hoping to get married next summer but a lot has to fall into place before we can officially get engaged. I'm really struggling in my relationship with my mom. This year I need to work on being patient with the Lord's plan for me!

Edited by Maggie

SoonerCatholic

Darn. I hope it's not too late to ask for a saint. This 20-some graduate student would like a saint to help her in vocational discernment and getting through library school. Either way, I have a great confirmation saint, but I could always use some more help.

Edited by SoonerCatholic

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[/quote]

Did you draw the Saints yet? Just curious... I'm quite excited, though!

[/quote]

Will you post the saint pairings on this thread or will you PM us?

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1288988406' post='2185247']
[color=#595959][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=4]I would love for you/Holy Spirit to pick a patron saint for me![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#595959][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=4]I'm new to Phatmass, I'm a high school student, discerning, but pretty broadly. I'm the second to youngest out of 10 kids. :)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#595959][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=4]I'm trying to live my life for the Lord, but being a teenager in today's world is so challenging sometimes! [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#595959][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=4]Thanks. :)[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]
I don't think I can pm you yet, so,

The Holy Spirit chose for you: Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.

God bless, Lil Red