An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2011

Lil Red

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1289480613' post='2186425']
Will you post the saint pairings on this thread or will you PM us?
[/quote]
I will pm.

And it is still not too late. :)

Red,

Can't wait to see all the saints you've drawn... i would also like picture of a saint. I hope you can handle all these sketches.

Thanks [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/like.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/tomato.gif[/img]

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1290001059' post='2187614']
Oooh, I would like one too! I'm currently a Franciscan pre-postulant, so seriously discerning religious life. :)
[/quote]

Moros!

How goes pre-postulancy?

Would love a patron. Am seeking a husband as well as a new agent and deals for my work. I really need an income! (and more discernment of His will) Thanks so much

IgnatiusofLoyola

I'd never done this before, and I wondered a little bit going into this whether the Holy Sprit really works through this process or if it was just a "random coincidental drawing"--interesting, but not meaningful.

Still, I decided to have Lil Red draw a name for me, because she posted that she takes the process very seriously. She went to confession before drawing, and prayed for the person for whom she was drawing, and for their specific needs, before randomly drawing the patron saint for each person for 2011.

I should have known better than to doubt the Holy Spirit--it works in so many ways, even when you aren't expecting it.

Lil Red picked the PERFECT saint for me--I can't imagine a better choice. This was a saint I had already felt it was very important for me to get to know and to become close to, but I was hitting a "block" and having trouble understanding and getting to know this saint. Lil Red's drawing only confirmed for me that, although I have sometimes felt recently that God has deserted me, he has not done so, and through the Holy Spirit is still working. Next year at this time I hope to be able to say that I feel much closer to this saint, because of the time and prayer I spent during 2011.

So, for this "doubter"---Holy Spirit 1, Coincidence 0.

Me too, if possible. I have several things coming up that I don't want to face....the burial of my Father's ashes and a memorial for him.....also possibly surgery.
One good thing is I found out I am going to be a grandmother!! My daughter is feeling Very sick, so I am praying for her all the time.

Thank you...I understand if I am too late for this. Thanks Lil Red.