An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2011

Lil Red

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1289948341' post='2187478']Could you pick a saint for me, too??

Sorry I'm so late on this.

Merci!
Dieu vous benisse![/quote]
St. Bede the Venerable

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1290001059' post='2187614']Oooh, I would like one too! I'm currently a Franciscan pre-postulant, so seriously discerning religious life. :)[/quote]
St. Felicity

[quote name='pen1' timestamp='1290220333' post='2188118']Would love a patron. Am seeking a husband as well as a new agent and deals for my work. I really need an income! (and more discernment of His will) Thanks so much[/quote]
St. Gerard Majella

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1290227406' post='2188150']Ooh yeah I'd like a saint. What a cool thing to do![/quote]
St. Dominic

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1290231726' post='2188171']We aren't getting a saint name we are going to be Corpus Christi, so can you pick me one?[/quote]
St. Martin de Porres

[quote name='Christie_M' timestamp='1290389850' post='2188471']Oy, I need to listen more often. Red, is it still possible to pick one for me?[/quote]
St. Augustine of Hippo

[quote name='Rebecca2009' timestamp='1290431948' post='2188563']Me too, if possible. I have several things coming up that I don't want to face....the burial of my Father's ashes and a memorial for him.....also possibly surgery.
One good thing is I found out I am going to be a grandmother!! My daughter is feeling Very sick, so I am praying for her all the time.

Thank you...I understand if I am too late for this. Thanks Lil Red.[/quote]
St. Catherine of Genoa

thanks Red. :) Get well soon!!

edit: oh, I'm very suprised with this saint. I've actually been putting off reading his confessions for a bit now. I'll definitaly pick it up now. thank you very much. :)

Edited by Christie_M

Id like one as well Red whenever you have time. Im discerning religious life and already have a couple of saints after me but the more the merrier. :)

[quote name='js1975' timestamp='1291039148' post='2189835']
Hello Lil Red,

Can you assign a Patron Saint for me and my family?

Thank you!!!!

Jay
Kelly
Emily
Kyla
[/quote]
you want one for each person, or one saint for the whole family? :unsure:

If it is not too much trouble, one for each member?

Thank you!!
-jay

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1291145247' post='2190049']
you want one for each person, or one saint for the whole family? :unsure:
[/quote]

[quote name='js1975' timestamp='1291039148' post='2189835']Hello Lil Red,Jay
Kelly
Emily
Kyla[/quote]
Jay: St. Nicholas of Myra
Kelly: St. Margaret
Emily: St. Matthias
Kyla: St. Ignatius of Loyola

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291042564' post='2189844']Id like one as well Red whenever you have time. Im discerning religious life and already have a couple of saints after me but the more the merrier. :)[/quote]
St. James the Great

[quote name='jmj' timestamp='1291071875' post='2189895']Could you provide a Saint for me, please? :>[/quote]
St. John Vianney

God bless!

My trip through RCIA is wrapping up next week, and I'm undergoing the whole lot (Baptism/Confirmation/First Eucharist) next Sunday. (December 12th). Early on, I was asked to pick out a saint for Confirmation. i've spent a considerable amount of time thinking and praying on the matter, but I can't pick one and stick with it. Can I enlist your help with this and have you provide one for me? I'd appreciate it. :)

-Seth

LaPetiteSoeur

Thank you so much Lil Red!

He's a great saint, especially for me: he was a writer about practically everything and is the patron saint of lectors. And he said this: "He alone loves the Creator perfectly who manifests a pure love for his neighbour." [i]- Bede the Venerable

[/i]Merci again!

Hi, I've just found this post. I'd like a patron saint for the year [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img], please?
Thank you [size="2"] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/saint2.gif[/img][/size]

[size="2"]Orans[/size]

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1291314121' post='2190399']
Jay: St. Nicholas of Myra
Kelly: St. Margaret
Emily: St. Matthias
Kyla: St. Ignatius of Loyola
[/quote]

Thanks Lil Red!!!!!!!