An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Names

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1297803886' post='2212647']
what about you FranciscanHeart?
[/quote]
I don't have any in mind. :blush: I've always thought I would let the Community Servant choose for me.

homeschoolmom

I think the hardest part for me about my daughter possibly having a religious vocation is her changing her name. :cry2: If she were to marry and change her surname, that would not bother me, but her given name was a gift that we gave her....

I'm going to be silent about the names in my heart, but I will say it's not a matter of the names "sounding/looking nice" but of them being after Catholics that have had a big impact in my life, and that are a huge witness to the Faith. Sort of "Saints-to-be" in my opinion. I connect more to them than Saints I've read about, so there ya go. :smile2:

franciscanheart

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1297810026' post='2212707']
I think the hardest part for me about my daughter possibly having a religious vocation is her changing her name. :cry2: If she were to marry and change her surname, that would not bother me, but her given name was a gift that we gave her....
[/quote]
But her new name would be a gift from GOD. :like:

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1297810138' post='2212709']
I'm going to be silent about the names in my heart, but I will say it's not a matter of the names "sounding/looking nice" but of them being after Catholics that have had a big impact in my life, and that are a huge witness to the Faith. Sort of "Saints-to-be" in my opinion. I connect more to them than Saints I've read about, so there ya go. :smile2:
[/quote]
Shucks, are you SURE you want to be named "Hughey"? :blush:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1297810026' post='2212707']
[/quote]

I think this will be one of the most difficult aspects for my parents as well. And I'm unsure of how to help with it. I completely understand. It's one of those tough things that... well, just is.

I had a few different nicknames as a child and a few that my parents still call me. In fact, they don't often call me by my first name, but by these nick names. I'd feel comfortable if they continued to do that after, God-willing, I receive my new religious name. If they could use my religious name in public and around the community... I'd hope they could do that.

[quote name='carmelite15' timestamp='1297812768' post='2212742']
I know a Carmelite Sister told me that they pick for you but they go by what the sister devotion is.
[/quote]

By devotion huh? So I could be Sr. Beer :o or better yet Sr. Vino!!!! :woot:

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297810785' post='2212720']
Shucks, are you SURE you want to be named "Hughey"? :blush:
[/quote]

:P

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1297813229' post='2212747']
By devotion huh? So I could be Sr. Beer :o or better yet Sr. Vino!!!! :woot:
[/quote]

Nah that's DS :)

Sr. Pio Mariana (Padre Pio & Mary)
Sr. Gianna Therese (Gianna Molla & Therese of the Child Jesus)
Sr. Gianna Francesca (Gianna Molla & Francis of Assisi)
Sr. Mary Anthony (Mary & Antonio of Padua)

I have no idea, as for titles. I've never thought about it.
Maybe "of Our Lady of the Most Precious Blood"?
I don't even know if that can [i]be[/i] used. But... I like it.