Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why You Want Me As Your Mentor.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yup, this is the place to list them!

I guess if they get too plentiful the Mods will start a new thread to contain them.

ed

Posted

nothing to see here

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1301397889' post='2224165']
nothing to see here
[/quote]

Mikolbe, do not diss yourself so ! I know you being an unattractive male must feel less than at par with most the males that post here, myself excluded, but God must have had some reason for blessing you with such a jocular countenance. I accept your invitation, however subliminal, to become your mentor and I offer you the vast knowledge that I have acquired through years of practical experience as a father, a catholic and an entrepreneur, no question is to shallow or unworthy of my knowledge, all I ask is that you personal message me any queries that you have need of edification on so as not to hijack this thread. Thank you !

ed

Posted

i should have left this thread closed...but noooooooooooooo...i had to have a conscience and reopen it.

This is my reward..a middle aged irish chump with delusions of grandeur....

thank you for your purgative effects.

:|

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1301422873' post='2224253']
i should have left this thread closed...but noooooooooooooo...i had to have a conscience and reopen it.

This is my reward..a middle aged irish chump with delusions of grandeur....

thank you for your purgative effects.

:|
[/quote]

Again thank you for your kind words ! I have answered the first four of your questions by PM, look at your inbox, but the one about sheep and the near occasion of sin has baffled me, I will attempt to find something online that deals with this problem of yours either at Catholicanswers.org or maybe the FFA , Future Farmers of America will have something dealing with this, uh, aversion?

ed

Posted

put the guiness down.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1301423355' post='2224261']
Again thank you for your kind words ! I have answered the first four of your questions by PM, look at your inbox, but the one about sheep and the near occasion of sin has baffled me, I will attempt to find something online that deals with this problem of yours either at Catholicanswers.org or maybe the FFA , Future Farmers of America will have something dealing with this, uh, aversion?

ed
[/quote]
Sheep are near occasions of sin for Jason? :twitch:

Posted

yes, gluttony.

:(

i haz a fat.

Posted

actually reminds me of a story...

i was doing some traveling a long time ago, and had not had a company card. So I would put stuff on my card, and the company would pay me back. We (me and some customers, about 10 in total) went to dinner. It was a greek resturant. I think it was in Livonia...but I'm not sure.. ANYways... they had the best lamb ever... EVER...it was sooooooooooooooo good. Needless to say, the bill was about $600 after drinks and dinner... So I put it on my card. No worries. Well... Shea pays the bills, I am too, shall we say, spotty in my payment applications.. So she opens up the credit card bill...and flips. not at the amount, but by the place... the name of the place was 'Big Daddy's" something something, and their tagline or something showed up on the bill, "a place to have a great time". She kinda flipped, i died laughing...she got mad at me for laughing...She was SURE it was a place of ill-repute (but it couldn't be as i have NEVER frequented those types of places)...it all worked out fine in the end, and to this day, we still laugh about it...and then she hits me. Next to the 'Dave' thing, it was the funniest thing ever.

other than ed's face.

:|

Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1301423523' post='2224263']
Sheep are near occasions of sin for Jason? :twitch:
[/quote]

Nihil I can not comment on the failings of those who have sought my guidance.

I also accept your solicitation to mentor you through lifes difficulties. Do not be ashamed to be a Canadian, without ones such as the Canadians, God bless their cold numbed minds, we would be without staples of American culture such as Dan Aykroyd, Micheal J. Fox and Dudley Dooright! Hold your head high and be proud to be a Canadian, eh !

ed

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1301424060' post='2224268']
actually reminds me of a story...

i was doing some traveling a long time ago, and had not had a company card. So I would put stuff on my card, and the company would pay me back. We (me and some customers, about 10 in total) went to dinner. It was a greek resturant. I think it was in Livonia...but I'm not sure.. ANYways... [b]they had the best lamb ever...[/b] EVER...it was sooooooooooooooo good. Needless to say, the bill was about $600 after drinks and dinner... So I put it on my card. No worries. Well... Shea pays the bills, I am too, shall we say, spotty in my payment applications.. So she opens up the credit card bill...and flips. not at the amount, but by the place... the name of the place was 'Big Daddy's" something something, and their tagline or something showed up on the bill, "a place to have a great time". She kinda flipped, i died laughing...she got mad at me for laughing...She was SURE it was a place of ill-repute (but it couldn't be as i have NEVER frequented those types of places)...it all worked out fine in the end, and to this day, we still laugh about it...and then she hits me. Next to the 'Dave' thing, it was the funniest thing ever.

other than ed's face.

:|
[/quote]

"The had the best lamb ever ..." Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more, follow me?

ed

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1301424363' post='2224271']
Nihil I can not comment on the failings of those who have sought my guidance.

I also accept your solicitation to mentor you through lifes difficulties. Do not be ashamed to be a Canadian, without ones such as the Canadians, God bless their cold numbed minds, we would be without staples of American culture such as Dan Aykroyd, Micheal J. Fox and Dudley Dooright! Hold your head high and be proud to be a Canadian, eh !

ed
[/quote]
[img]http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/099/383/original/1297536933725.jpg[/img]

Posted

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1301424684' post='2224274']
"The had the best lamb ever ..." Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more, follow me?

ed
[/quote]
idgi

the lamb was very tender and juicy, though...and went great with mint jelly.

Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1301425190' post='2224280']
[img]http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/099/383/original/1297536933725.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Nihil,I have to admit this baffles me too ! I guess my knowledge is not as vast as I enunciated here! Do not fear, I will try to find a solution to your attraction to pink furry ponies online too, my work is cut out for me. Perhaps I should have stated that I only will address normal problems, but whatever, I guess this is now my cross to bear!

ed

Not A Mallard
Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1301425278' post='2224281']
idgi

the lamb was very tender and juicy, though...and went great with mint jelly.
[/quote]
[img]http://www.free-online-flash-games.com/thumbs/2291.jpg[/img]

Posted

and then they had parmesan crusted lamb, with a merlot reduction. WOW, good!

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1301425549' post='2224284']
and then they had parmesan crusted lamb, with a merlot reduction. WOW, good!
[/quote]

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more, follow me?

ed

Not A Mallard
Posted

it's true, ed. All your posts are epic. please, teach me the ways of the Force.....and how to wrestle a bear.

Posted

[quote name='Not A Mallard' timestamp='1301425821' post='2224289']
it's true, ed. All your posts are epic. please, teach me the ways of the Force.....and how to wrestle a bear.
[/quote]

Ready you are not, methinks! If ready truly were you, the question would have been posed, " How do I use the Force to avoid wrestling the bear "

ed

Not A Mallard
Posted

How do I use the Force to avoid wrestling the bear?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...