cmotherofpirl Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 She had emergency surgery this morning for a serious infection. Please pray.
Cherie Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 Praying!! Thank you for telling us, and please keep us updated if you can!!
Brother Adam Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 Terrible news! Dislike! Fail! I pray everything will be okay.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 Oh, that's awful. I am glad she went in, though. I know she was dreading a trip to the doctor. I will be praying for her speedy recovery.
CatherineM Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 I am alive. I had an anointing, and survived the surgery with my right leg still in one piece. The infection was all over my body, but came to the surface on the back of my leg. It could have easily become flesh eating. They have taken cultures from every orifice, and now we wait to see which bug(s) are involved. It could have been cooking inside of me for weeks. I'm on 4 different oral anti-biotics, and two IV ones. I am now terrorist proof because one of them takes care of anthrax. I'll be in the hospital 5 days for sure. I can't move, everything is being done for me by remote control. I wish I had the street value for the drugs they given me so far. The removing the drenched packing, and replacing with fresh packing, has got to be a true high point in life. I'll bet I wind up with a wicked scar.
MissScripture Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 Glad to hear you're doing moderately okay, so far. Continued prayers!
kafka Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 well you still have your epic wit Cath M. Grace and peace. Prayers.
BG45 Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 Glad you're doing okay after that. Better to be in the hospital than the alternative. :sign:
OnlySunshine Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 [quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1302579284' post='2227705'] I am alive. I had an anointing, and survived the surgery with my right leg still in one piece. The infection was all over my body, but came to the surface on the back of my leg. It could have easily become flesh eating. They have taken cultures from every orifice, and now we wait to see which bug(s) are involved. It could have been cooking inside of me for weeks. I'm on 4 different oral anti-biotics, and two IV ones. I am now terrorist proof because one of them takes care of anthrax. I'll be in the hospital 5 days for sure. I can't move, everything is being done for me by remote control. I wish I had the street value for the drugs they given me so far. The removing the drenched packing, and replacing with fresh packing, has got to be a true high point in life. I'll bet I wind up with a wicked scar. [/quote] Oh, my! Is that what was causing the pressure sore? I will be praying for your very speedy recovery!
Luigi Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 [quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1302579284' post='2227705'] I am alive. I had an anointing, and survived the surgery with my right leg still in one piece. The infection was all over my body, but came to the surface on the back of my leg. It could have easily become flesh eating. They have taken cultures from every orifice, and now we wait to see which bug(s) are involved. It could have been cooking inside of me for weeks. I'm on 4 different oral anti-biotics, and two IV ones. I am now terrorist proof because one of them takes care of anthrax. I'll be in the hospital 5 days for sure. I can't move, everything is being done for me by remote control. I wish I had the street value for the drugs they given me so far. The removing the drenched packing, and replacing with fresh packing, has got to be a true high point in life. I'll bet I wind up with a wicked scar. [/quote] It's Lent, so we can't say "the A-word," but that would be my inclination. I know this can't be any fun for you, but I love your reports - first alien eggs planted within you, now terrorist proof! Your sense of humor will heal you faster than all their drugs put together! Will you be able to keep up with your class work through all this? The drugs aren't affecting your brain, I hope?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now