An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kinda Freaking Out Right Now...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Piccoli Fiori JMJ' timestamp='1302821892' post='2228775']
Yup! That's how it works :) I actually got back from a visit to the Monastery today. I was measured for the postulant jumper (although I was the one doing the measurements, lol) and I got to try some old jumpers on. There was one that fit almost perfectly... Sister joked that I could come tomorrow as I'd have something to wear! Oh... it felt so good to be there. Walking into the chapel for midday prayer was almost overwhelming, imagining that soon I would be there with them... He is so good to us.
[/quote]

Ohhh... :swoon: Please keep me close in your prayers. I really don't know what way orders will go with my health issues. And I soooo want to enter somewhere... :smile2:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1302820109' post='2228769']
I remember over-hearing a rather funny story during my stay at the convent having to do with this exact scenario. I guess the way they did it with the SSVMs is that the sister whose shift was over would go and wake the next sister up. Well, the sleeping sister did not react kindly and, in her sleep, slapped the other sister who was trying to wake her up!!
[/quote]

LOL, that sounds like something I would do! I've actually slapped my mom without realizing it. :blink:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Piccoli Fiori JMJ' timestamp='1302821892' post='2228775']
Yup! That's how it works :) I actually got back from a visit to the Monastery today. I was measured for the postulant jumper (although I was the one doing the measurements, lol) and I got to try some old jumpers on. There was one that fit almost perfectly... Sister joked that I could come tomorrow as I'd have something to wear! Oh... it felt so good to be there. Walking into the chapel for midday prayer was almost overwhelming, imagining that soon I would be there with them... He is so good to us.
[/quote]

amesome! I hope you set an entrance date soon so you can be with your Sisters. :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='Piccoli Fiori JMJ' timestamp='1302785444' post='2228618']
+JMJ

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/buddies2.gif[/img] You're a pretty cool cucumber...
[/quote]
Right back at ya. :like:

carmelite15

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302802598' post='2228667']
I'm not sure how it works in the PCC communities, but in Carmelite communities, they use a device called a clapper or clacker that a nun sounds as she goes past each cell. The nuns arise to the words, “Praised be Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary, His Mother. Come to prayer, Sisters, come to praise the Lord!” This is what the clapper looks like:

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-HaGezRyV2HM/TXEmvrN4HXI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/nxW_guQ-NEk/s320/images+%25281%2529.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I asked the Carmelite's of Cristo Rey if they still use the clapper and they said YES! gosh I was so happy when they said that.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='carmelite15' timestamp='1302844858' post='2228860']
I asked the Carmelite's of Cristo Rey if they still use the clapper and they said YES! gosh I was so happy when they said that.
[/quote]

Many communities that use the 1990 Constitutions still use them as well as the old school 1991 Carmels. I remember hearing what they sounded like in the movie, "Therese" right after she entered Carmel. :)

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1302914261' post='2229127']
Oh, I hope EWTN plays that movie again and sooooon.
[/quote]

I wish I got EWTN

dominicansoul

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302802598' post='2228667']
I'm not sure how it works in the PCC communities, but in Carmelite communities, they use a device called a clapper or clacker that a nun sounds as she goes past each cell. The nuns arise to the words, “Praised be Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary, His Mother. Come to prayer, Sisters, come to praise the Lord!” This is what the clapper looks like:

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-HaGezRyV2HM/TXEmvrN4HXI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/nxW_guQ-NEk/s320/images+%25281%2529.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

if i were in a carmelite community with VEE8, I'd wake her up knocking her wooden head with the wooden clapper.....

OnlySunshine

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303020192' post='2229440']
if i were in a carmelite community with VEE8, I'd wake her up knocking her wooden head with the wooden clapper.....
[/quote]

:clapping:

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303020192' post='2229440']
[/quote]

What about a wooden chair? :bash:

I can only imagine you two in a cloistered community together. Surely the Lord would not allow that. There would be too much

:bash:

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/brickwall.gif[/img]

:getaclue: