An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kids Say The Darndest Things...

Brother Adam

cmotherofpirl

Jellybean was standing at the bottom if the steps while her mum was up in the bathroom, so she started yelling for her.
Mummy. No answer.
MUMMY!!. No answer.
HEY ASHWHEY I talking to YOU!!!

Groo the Wanderer

When my kiddo was 2, she ran up to her grandma right after church ended and softly said "know what?" Her grandma leaned over and said "what?". With the biggest grin and at the top of her lungs, my kiddo proudly yelled "CHICKEN BUTT!"

Glad we were at my wife's church...more fun to see mortified Prots than Catholics. LOL :clapping:

from the 'aww cute' files....

I am putting our 2.5 year old to bed. She likes to be held and rocked a little on the rocking chair and sung to. So I oblige. I start to sing, and she puts her hand over my mouth and says 'shhhhhhhh'. :|

Taking the cue, I just rock her. Then she says, 'Pay, Daddy, pay'. I say, 'Sweetie, it's time for bed, we are not playing now'. She rolls her eyes, sighs, and says "PAY! daddy.. PAY! PAY!".

Then she makes the sign of the cross.

:love:

tnavarro61

A kid noticed that I have a twin brother. He asked, "Why are you twins?"

"I don't know. God created us as twins."

He replied, "[i]Why were you born?[/i]"

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1305002539' post='2239524']
When my kiddo was 2, she ran up to her grandma right after church ended and softly said "know what?" Her grandma leaned over and said "what?". With the biggest grin and at the top of her lungs, my kiddo proudly yelled "CHICKEN BUTT!"

Glad we were at my wife's church...more fun to see mortified Prots than Catholics. LOL :clapping:
[/quote]

rotfl

Lil'Monster

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1305032057' post='2239609']
A kid noticed that I have a twin brother. He asked, "Why are you twins?"

"I don't know. God created us as twins."

He replied, "[i]Why were you born?[/i]"
[/quote]

:like:

Brother Adam

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1304960128' post='2239140']
This little girl I babysit is 3 years old and has two older siblings (5 and 7) who love to play hide go seek. One day I was carrying her as we look for her brother. All of a sudden she jerks at my tee shirt, pats me twice over my heart, and then says to me with the most serious voice...

"Yours have no milk like Mommy's did."

rotfl rotfl rotfl

(This is probably the smartest little kid I know. Her favorite channels alternate between Discovery Health and Animal Planet. Also, she prefers to go by Princess Leia most of the time. :jedi: )
[/quote]

****DISCLAIMER*****

Wife (Mrs. Bro. Adam) posting since she is too tired to log into her own account...

This post reminded me of one night when I was babysitting a three year old beautiful girl. It was late and she was tired, and we were watching a movie right before their bed time. She crawls up into my lap, starts to snuggle and starts trying to make herself comfortable by lying her head on my chest.

Girl: You're really comfy! Why are yours so much bigger than my mommy's?
Me: I think that's a question best asked to your mom.
Girl: Okay..but at least you're comfy!

Archaeology cat

Yesterday I made pizza & breadsticks. I was getting everything on the table and Kieran was sitting in his seat. I hear him pray the Hail Mary, and he then starts eating. I explained that it was good for him to pray, but it's polite to wait to eat until we all sit down and pray together. He then repeated the Hail Mary and went back to eating.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1304960128' post='2239140']
This little girl I babysit is 3 years old and has two older siblings (5 and 7) who love to play hide go seek. One day I was carrying her as we look for her brother. All of a sudden she jerks at my tee shirt, pats me twice over my heart, and then says to me with the most serious voice...

"Yours have no milk like Mommy's did."

rotfl rotfl rotfl

(This is probably the smartest little kid I know. Her favorite channels alternate between Discovery Health and Animal Planet. Also, she prefers to go by Princess Leia most of the time. :jedi: )
[/quote]
:lol:

How to tell my son watches Sesame Street and still breastfeeds? he goes around saying "you have 2 [eyes, etc], 1, 2", then adds "you have two milk: 1, 2".