Cam42 Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1309274390' post='2259680'] The words of consecration and then hearing the bells ring 3 times. Love all the bells and smells!!! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/pope2.gif[/img] [/quote] Traddy....
Cam42 Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='Maria' timestamp='1309275875' post='2259688'] Yes! recognizing that the Mass is bigger than any of us, that we're not so much doing something (on our own) as entering into the worship of heaven... [/quote] And that is the difference between participatio activa and participatio actuosa.
Laudate_Dominum Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 Nothing like gathering together with the faith community and being church. Some faves: 1. Holding hands during the Our Father. 2. Prayers of the faithful. 3. The [i]Breaking Bread[/i] missalette. 4. Bringing up the gifts. 5. The handshake of peace.
Laudate_Dominum Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 From a theological pov I like the social justice meaning of the liturgy.
Papist Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1309275983' post='2259690'] Traddy.... [/quote] Could it be? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/idontknow.gif[/img]
Maria Posted June 28, 2011 Author Posted June 28, 2011 LD, what are some of your real favourites? The things that particularly strike you and bring you deeper into the mystery of what the Mass is?
Cam42 Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1309276529' post='2259697'] Could it be? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/idontknow.gif[/img] [/quote] [spoiler][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgaa_kdX-E[/media][/spoiler]
Papist Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1309278214' post='2259706'] [spoiler][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgaa_kdX-E[/media][/spoiler] [/quote] That's it!!!!! [color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="2"]I am an atheist now![/size][/font][/color] [color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"] [/font][/color] [color="#595959"][font="arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="2"][color=#000000][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][spoiler] JUST KIDDING [/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif[/img][/spoiler] Edited June 28, 2011 by Papist
Clare~Therese Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1309226855' post='2259334'] I think my favorite part of the Mass is the singing of Agnus Dei (Lamb of God). I love those three verses: [i]Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.[/i] I also love the recitation of this verse: [i]Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but only say the word, and I shall be healed.[/i] It's full of such humility and love for the Eucharist. With one word from Jesus, we shall be healed. Beautiful. I don't think there is a part of the Mass that I don't like. I love it all. I wish I could attend more often .... [/quote] ^ This.
FutureSister2009 Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 Receiving Our Dear Lord in the Eucharist is number one obviously! I'm also a fan of the music, especially since I am extremely active in the music ministry. I just love EVERYTHING about the Mass!
Cam42 Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1309282515' post='2259725'] That's it!!!!! I am an atheist now! [spoiler]JUST KIDDING [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif[/img] [/spoiler] [/quote] [spoiler][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k[/media][/spoiler] Edited June 28, 2011 by Cam42
Debra Little Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 (edited) "Through Him, In Him, With Him, In the Unity of the Holy Spirit, All Glory and Honor are Yours, Almighty Father. Forever and Ever. Amen" One of my favorite parts. My most favorite is the Consecration. And my favorite favorite is receiving Holy Communion. Edited June 28, 2011 by Debra Little
Debra Little Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1309232412' post='2259361'] I Love the Agnus Dei ... and the "This is the Lamb of God; this is He who takes away the sins of the world...." part side note:: what are you folks thinking.... this thread seems too positive for phatmass.... [/quote] And all the other stuff was making my head swim. This is a very nice change.
Debra Little Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1309228183' post='2259338'] I also think that it's quite interesting how many times that particular line is repeated. It's most certainly something to dwell on. There are a few lines like that, I've noticed. Some are repeated only in one particular section, but others are repeated throughout the entire Mass. It's a lot of fun to see how those things fit, and what they mean. [/quote] I would like it if our priest just said the Mass right without using His own words. And without skipping things.
Debra Little Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1309237544' post='2259442'] Without the consecration and communion, none of the rest of it would matter at all. sure, some of it would still be beautiful but rubrics and chants and all the rest of it only make sense when placed in the contect of God sharing Himself with us through the Eucharist. [/quote] Amen!
Debra Little Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1309238736' post='2259468'] Indeed. [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-orWSVC-Q-WM/TZ0kJzTjyjI/AAAAAAAACHc/x_8JjyvpJVQ/s1600/most-holy-sacrifice-of-the-mass.jpg[/img] [/quote] Wow love this and saved it for myself. Thanks.
Debra Little Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1309239289' post='2259489'] I love the Confiteor... and I can't wait for the new translation to come... it's beautiful: [i]I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.[/i] [/quote] I love this but at my parish and a lot of parishes here they no longer say it.
Cam42 Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='Debra Little' timestamp='1309284296' post='2259748'] I would like it if our priest just said the Mass right without using His own words. And without skipping things. [/quote] Tell him.
Debra Little Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1309239922' post='2259509'] i love it when the bells are rung, signaling the start of Mass... [/quote] We don't do bells. Oh dear so many parts of Mass are missing!
Debra Little Posted June 28, 2011 Posted June 28, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1309240125' post='2259521'] I love when people acknowledge the posts that took me twenty minutes to write. Had to. Had to. [/quote] Lol pride brother pride. We all do like to be acknowledged. It's hard to not want tobenoticed sometimes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now