Laudate_Dominum Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 As the great King Arthur of Camelot once said, you make me sad.
TeresaBenedicta Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1309392104' post='2260529'] As the great King Arthur of Camelot once said, you make me sad. [/quote] Maximus compels me to post right after you.
fides quarens intellectum Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 Aside from the obvious, I love the three-year lectionary. I love the excitement of a new year approaching as we get close to Advent. I love when baptisms are held during Mass. I love the RCIA process that builds up to the Easter Vigil. I love the entrance and communion antiphons when there's no hymn (like daily Mass). I love, "through Him, with Him, and in Him..." I love when a priest takes time for a longer elevation of the Host.
Lil Red Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1309392104' post='2260529'] As the great King Arthur of Camelot once said, you make me sad. [/quote] I often make myself sad.
Maggyie Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 I personally love the Prayer of the Faithful... I love praying for the pope, the bishops, our parish, the poor by name. Whenever someone dies in the parish their name is mentioned in that week's P.o.t.F. and it alerts us that their is a family that needs help and comforting (we're a big parish and everybody doesn't know everybody else) and that a soul needs prayer. It makes the big clunky parish seem more like a family. It's amesome.
Laudate_Dominum Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='Maria' timestamp='1309276613' post='2259698'] LD, what are some of your real favourites? The things that particularly strike you and bring you deeper into the mystery of what the Mass is? [/quote] Mainly just the thing I said early in this thread about the representation of calvary. The elevation is one of my favorite medieval accretions. I really like the [i]Suscipe Sancte Pater[/i] prayer (thank you Charles the Bald?). I also agree with your post.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now