dominicansoul Posted June 29, 2011 Posted June 29, 2011 I always play traditional Latin Hymns at Mass, and make the Pipe Organ go BOOM to wake up the early-morning Mass-goers who might be sleeping in their pews
dominicansoul Posted June 29, 2011 Author Posted June 29, 2011 I get to Mass one hour early so I can spend an hour of adoration before Mass begins
MissScripture Posted June 29, 2011 Posted June 29, 2011 I can't post here! I am posting in the other thread! Whoops, I suppose this should go in the pity thread...
dUSt Posted June 29, 2011 Posted June 29, 2011 I don't hold hands during the Our Father, and can honestly say have not paid one bit of attention to any weird looks because of it.
BG45 Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 I don't hold hands during the Our Father. I try to stay and pray after Mass.
dominicansoul Posted June 30, 2011 Author Posted June 30, 2011 I tackle peeps who try walking out the Church with Our Lord!!!
Luigi Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 I don't hold hands during the Our Father; I don't raise my hands to pray; I always contribute to the collection; I sing on all the songs I know.
Luigi Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1309388326' post='2260495'] I can't post here! I am posting in the other thread! [/quote] I posted in both threads. Does that make me a bad Catholic or a good Catholic? Or should I weight my good & bad elements before deciding? Or am I BOTH a good AND a bad Catholic? I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!
MissScripture Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 Oh! I though of ways I am a good Catholic! I don't hold hands during the Our Father...well, unless I'm already holding my husband's hand. Wait, does holding hands at ALL during Mass make me a bad Catholic? Then maybe I'm not supposed to be posting this here.
Aragonn Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1309395849' post='2260564'] i look out for liturgical abuses, usually. [/quote] I actually see this as a negative (for me anyway). I end up so distracted by the liturgical abuses that I don't pray enough and walk out of Mass angry. This is why it's best for me to stick to the Old Mass and conservative parishes
IcePrincessKRS Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 I don't hold hands, sway, or use the orans position. I don't sing because I sound bad and honestly don't know the words. (Maybe that's for the Bad thread...) I receive Communion on the tongue. I make my kids kneel and stand and fold their hands like angels. My good list is way shorter than my bad list...
CatherineM Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 I turn in my church envelope even for weeks I'm out of town.
MissScripture Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1309406876' post='2260642'] I turn in my church envelope even for weeks I'm out of town. [/quote] We don't have envelopes, but every so often we get a statement from Church saying what we pledge to give and what we've given so far this year. lol. I didn't know I'd be getting billed from Church! LOL. (It is nice, though, because we go somewhere else every other weekend, because of my husbands work shifts, and sometimes we forget for that weekend) I wear a skirt whenever possible and cover my head.
Luigi Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1309407209' post='2260646'] We don't have envelopes, ...[/quote] Please contact Rome immediately. Tell them the name of the churchyou attend - they can verify for you whether you are, in fact, attending a CATHOLIC church.
BG45 Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1309398528' post='2260584'] I'M SO CONFUSED!!!! [/quote] I thought that was par for the course for all of us.
MissScripture Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1309409051' post='2260662'] Please contact Rome immediately. Tell them the name of the churchyou attend - they can verify for you whether you are, in fact, attending a CATHOLIC church. [/quote] Okay, to clarify, I meant we, specifically, don't have envelopes. Other people do. Not sure why/how/etc. All I know is that we get a "bill" every month, which makes me laugh. Idk if people with envelopes do, too.
Luigi Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1309410943' post='2260680'] I thought that was par for the course for all of us. [/quote] Well, yes... but sometimes I feel it more than other times... I guess.... YOU'RE CONFUSING ME!!!! And you're doing it ON PURPOSE !!!!
BG45 Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 Oh hardly! I'm quite confused too! Hmm, in keeping with the thread...good thing, um...I pray a decade of the Rosary each day and have since I started it one Lent a couple of years ago.
Little Flower Posted June 30, 2011 Posted June 30, 2011 I'm a good Catholic!!!!!!! I go to Mass on Sunday at 7:30 in the morning. that alone should be enough to qualify me as a good Catholic... I never hold hands during the Our Father I receive on the tongue I sing the songs whether I know them or not lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now