Luigi Posted July 2, 2011 Posted July 2, 2011 I pray for the pope, cardinals, bishops, priests, deacons, seminarians, theologians, philosophers, preachers, catechists, and teachers, as well as "vocations to the secular priesthood and all the forms and orders of religious life" daily.
Luigi Posted July 2, 2011 Posted July 2, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1309580792' post='2261998'] I prayed for the pope once. [/quote] I'm sure it helped him, too. And I bet he appreciated it!
Ed Normile Posted July 2, 2011 Posted July 2, 2011 I go to mass every Sunday and Holy Day, I sin, I receive the Sacrament of Absolution and Penance. I pray all the time. I doubt I am a good Catholic. I hope to be a fair Catholic. I am shooting for a reservation in Purgatory with the belief that you good Catholics will pray for my soul. ed
Ed Normile Posted July 2, 2011 Posted July 2, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1309443289' post='2260773'] I am EXTREMELY good looking.... oh... you just said good. nvrmnd. [/quote] In a Muppet kind of way, and very humble too! ed
BG45 Posted July 3, 2011 Posted July 3, 2011 (edited) I promised someone I'd pray for her pop-pop's soul years ago after he passed and still do daily. Edited July 3, 2011 by BG45
dominicansoul Posted July 13, 2011 Author Posted July 13, 2011 I'm an awe.some Catholic, cos I went to confession and had a conversion experience, and from this point on am gonna live totally surrendered to Jesus Christ
Lil'Monster Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1310527219' post='2266675'] I'm an awe.some Catholic, cos I went to confession and had a conversion experience, and from this point on am gonna live totally surrendered to Jesus Christ [/quote] sweet
MissyP89 Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 I am in confession more than I am out of confession. I sing. I sing really loud, even if I don't know the song. And I keep right on singing loud even when people look at me. I have "my seat" at my parish and "my Mass". If I miss "my Mass" and have to attend at a different time, people rush up to me the next week and ask if everything is okay. I have the cell phone numbers of multiple priests programmed into my phone with a note in case of emergency to contact one of them.
vee Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 Im such a good Catholic Im still waiting for the Vatican to get back to me about canonizing me as the first living saint
MissScripture Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 (edited) [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1310527759' post='2266680'] I have the cell phone numbers of multiple priests programmed into my phone with a note in case of emergency to contact one of them. [/quote] I have a note in my phone with my medical info to call a priest in case of emergency, but I didn't think of actually putting a priest's number in my phone. I do have the phone numbers for several convents to call when I need prayers. I thought of something during Mass today that made me a good Catholic...but then I forgot it. And I was thinking about it during Mass, which probably makes me a bad Catholic, so I probably don't belong in this thread, so much. lol. ETA: Nevermind, I just remembered what I had been thinking about (pregnancy brain!) and it had nothing to do with me being a Good Catholic. It was about how my sister was praying for the baby before she even knew I was pregnant, because I'd sent a prayer request without names, and she remembered reading it, because she was happy to read something that was good news and not sad. Edited July 13, 2011 by MissScripture
MissyP89 Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1310528207' post='2266684'] I have a note in my phone with my medical info to call a priest in case of emergency, but I didn't think of actually putting a priest's number in my phone. I do have the phone numbers for several convents to call when I need prayers. [/quote] Those numbers are actually there for the moments I'm having some kind of faith crisis, which happens pretty often. I don't really belong here, either.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 On Sunday I FINALLY, for the first time in my life, went to confession kneeling and behind a screen. It was spectacular. I could do it every week. I can certainly meet my current medium-term goal of once every three weeks like this. Absolutely thrilled. Every once in a while I have little experiences like this that confirm over and over again that I've found my spiritual home in the Traditional Mass communities.
Lil Red Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 confession kneeling and behind a screen is exclusive to the Traditional Latin Mass communities?
homeschoolmom Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1310537362' post='2266776'] On Sunday I FINALLY, for the first time in my life, went to confession kneeling and behind a screen. It was spectacular. I could do it every week. I can certainly meet my current medium-term goal of once every three weeks like this. Absolutely thrilled. Every once in a while I have little experiences like this that confirm over and over again that I've found my spiritual home in the Traditional Mass communities. [/quote] [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1310538052' post='2266782'] confession kneeling and behind a screen is exclusive to the Traditional Latin Mass communities? [/quote] Wow... news to me. Our regular-ol' NO parish has done it this way for as long as we've been there. I guess this just confirms that I have my spiritual home in the right place.
MIKolbe Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1310537362' post='2266776'] On Sunday I FINALLY, for the first time in my life, went to confession kneeling and behind a screen. It was spectacular. I could do it every week. I can certainly meet my current medium-term goal of once every three weeks like this. Absolutely thrilled. Every once in a while I have little experiences like this that confirm over and over again that I've found my spiritual home in the Traditional Mass communities. [/quote] it took me less than 19 years to go to confession kneeling and behind a screen. It is little experiences like this that confirm over and over my betterness and holiness over many.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now