An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1310950276' post='2269011']
I find it depends on the priest I am going to. Some I do way better with the screen, some I would feel more awkward with a screen.
[/quote]

Oh, for sure. At my parish, though, I have the problem where I'm known well by all of them. Being behind the screen after almost five years of going face-to-face with those guys would just feel ... silly.

That's why when I'm in [i]real[/i] trouble and am too scared to tell my confessor I go to some random church and hide behind the screen, then run away before anyone sees me. :| This is why I belong in the other thread. :ninja:

MissScripture

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1310952335' post='2269046']
Oh, for sure. At my parish, though, I have the problem where I'm known well by all of them. Being behind the screen after almost five years of going face-to-face with those guys would just feel ... silly.

That's why when I'm in [i]real[/i] trouble and am too scared to tell my confessor I go to some random church and hide behind the screen, then run away before anyone sees me. :| This is why I belong in the other thread. :ninja:
[/quote]
lol, I typically go behind the screen with the priests I know, and face to face when it'd be fairly anonymous anyway. :hehe: Although, I'm willing to go either way, if need be. And there are some priests that, afterward, I definitely decided I would have preferred to be behind the screen. :lol: If it's going to be a long, crying confession, though, I now prefer to be face-to-face, just because I find it less awkward to be there sniffling if the priest can SEE I'm crying and not that I just have a cold or something. :hehe:

faithcecelia

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1310952786' post='2269054']
lol, I typically go behind the screen with the priests I know, and face to face when it'd be fairly anonymous anyway. :hehe: Although, I'm willing to go either way, if need be. And there are some priests that, afterward, I definitely decided I would have preferred to be behind the screen. :lol: If it's going to be a long, crying confession, though, I now prefer to be face-to-face, just because I find it less awkward to be there sniffling if the priest can SEE I'm crying and not that I just have a cold or something. :hehe:
[/quote]

I tend to go behind the screen. When I moved here I went for the first time since the convent sent me away. I went in and the only option seemed to be the screen, which was fine, but halfway through I was just breaking my heart. I was just about to ask if we could go face to face when the priest stood up and said 'I think we had better get you a chair':blush: It was actually a beautiful confession, even if I got stared at as I came out because Mass was late as I'd been so long :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

faithcecelia

I smiled sweetly while biting my tongue in the supermarket queue while the old lady behind me moaned non stop about the fact there was a queue.

I was at the supermarket, attempting to get a parking space. I was about to get one when I saw a priest try to get in on it. I let him have it. I COULDA SO HAD THAT SPACE SO EASY, THO!!!!!!

faithcecelia

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1311079933' post='2269958']
I was at the supermarket, attempting to get a parking space. I was about to get one when I saw a priest try to get in on it. I let him have it. I COULDA SO HAD THAT SPACE SO EASY, THO!!!!!!
[/quote]

:lol4:

I police people in Mass making sure they consume the Eucharist b/c one time I saw someone not and take it back to the pew. Not good [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img]

faithcecelia

I will go to Exposition tomorrow morning even though work demands mean I must leave before Mass :sad:

dominicansoul

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1311085161' post='2270069']
I police people in Mass making sure they consume the Eucharist b/c one time I saw someone not and take it back to the pew. Not good [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img]
[/quote]

that's when you tackle 'em

i'm a good Catholic because i'm praying the Office of the Dead for my mom today.

i'm a good Catholic because i met one of my sisters and my dad at my mom's grave for lunch today to celebrate her birthday.

Deus te Amat

I'm a good Catholic because I'm going to offer up today's Mass for Lil Red's mom. (in exactly 50 minutes from now. :) )

Lil'Monster

im a good catholic that i went to Mass today! wow im so impressed!!! usually im not such a goodie- two- shoe :P

I walk over to the church to pray before the Blessed Sacrament on days I come in to study at the library.